"Fall of the House of Usher," netflix show.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Wow.....what a freaking snooze fest, and as woke as you can imagine. I haven't watched a lot of that show 'Succession," but I think this show took that as the framework and just threw in supernatural material....throw in several gay couples and the woke just goes on and on.....add in the bad guys telling us they are voting for Reagan (set in 1979) at the start....

The supernatural stuff is boring...how many times can a ghost jump out, in just the first episode, before it gets old.....

Wow.....what a freaking snooze fest, and as woke as you can imagine. I haven't watched a lot of that show 'Succession," but I think this show took that as the framework and just threw in supernatural material....throw in several gay couples and the woke just goes on and on.....add in the bad guys telling us they are voting for Reagan (set in 1979) at the start....

The supernatural stuff is boring...how many times can a ghost jump out, in just the first episode, before it gets old.....
Haven't seen it but the original story is probably the only thing I read in school that weirded me out.

That was exactly my first impression in the first five minutes. A ripoff of Succession.

Succession was fun in the beginning. But I quit at episode three in the final season. I just could not care less how it ended. The level of stupidity just got too great in episode three.

I am an Edgar Allen Poe fan, but this adaption does not impress.

Years ago when I retired I looked forward to taking the wife to the movies during the week to avoid the crowds.
I think we’ve been to the movies 3 times in the past 5 years. Hollywood only puts out stupid crap now you’d expect from a 7th grade drama class with a $700M budget.

That was exactly my first impression in the first five minutes. A ripoff of Succession.

Succession was fun in the beginning. But I quit at episode three in the final season. I just could not care less how it ended. The level of stupidity just got too great in episode three.

I am an Edgar Allen Poe fan, but this adaption does not impress.

Yeah....again, how many times can you have the ghost standin behind someone before it gets boring.....and the same jump scare......

I think that is where "ghost" stories fall down.....once you get past the strange noises and spooky shadows, once you try to manifest the ghost you kindnof cant live up to the build up.

One ghost story that doesnt get emough love is 13 Ghosts with Tony Shalhoub. I think they handle the ghosts in a fun way and the opening in the junk yard was pretty cool.

You guys really should check out South Korea's cinema. You have no idea what you are missing.

Not a fan of the asian horror so much.....Train to Busan was great, they did a lot with those confined scenes on the train.....

Yeah....again, how many times can you have the ghost standin behind someone before it gets boring.....and the same jump scare......

I think that is where "ghost" stories fall down.....once you get past the strange noises and spooky shadows, once you try to manifest the ghost you kindnof cant live up to the build up.

One ghost story that doesnt get emough love is 13 Ghosts with Tony Shalhoub. I think they handle the ghosts in a fun way and the opening in the junk yard was pretty cool.
Yeah, I recently saw a trailer for a movie, I forget which one, which was nothing but an endless loops of jump scares. How many can you put in a movie before it becomes retarded?

Yeah, I recently saw a trailer for a movie, I forget which one, which was nothing but an endless loops of jump scares. How many can you put in a movie before it becomes retarded?

Yeah.....there is also the problem of audiencesnwho have seen it all before....backbin the 70s and 80s horror was fresh.....but now they are working against an audience with decades of experience and the internet where you can see the best parts of movies without sitting throught the whole film

Not a fan of the asian horror so much.....Train to Busan was great, they did a lot with those confined scenes on the train.....
I'm not just talking about horror movies. Their dramas are amazing.

Not K-dramas. Those are nothing but soap operas. I mean thrillers and spy movies and whatnot. Though they also make great horror movies, Train To Busan being an outstanding example even though I normally avoid zombie movies.

If you want to see some good examples of South Korean cinema, check out Old Boy. The original, not the Spike Lee remake disaster. The director makes the best revenge movies you will ever see. Really twisted shit.

Then check out The Chaser. It's also being remade into an American version, but it will probably suck as much as the remake of Old Boy.

Another of my favorites is Kung Fu Hustle. One of the best comedies ever made. It's not Korean, though. It's a Hong Kong production.

The South Koreans have no qualms about breaking barriers. And unlike American movies where the star can be shot, stabbed, and punched three hundred times, walk through an explosion, and then scale tall buildings without even breathing hard or his shirt coming untucked, Korean movies are more realistic.

The star gets winded, he gets tired, he limps, he's disheveled, he fucking hurts. So when his relentlessness pushes him to keep going, you can feel every ache and pain he is going through. And a great number of their movies have really sad endings. There's no happy resolution where everyone walks into the sunset singing kumbaya.

Last edited:
I'm not just talking about horror movies. Their dramas are amazing.

Not K-dramas. Those are nothing but soap operas. I mean thrillers and spy movies and whatnot. Though they also make great horror movies, Train To Busan being an outstanding example even though I normally avoid zombie movies.

If you want to see some good examples of South Korean cinema, check out Old Boy. The original, not the Spike Lee remake disaster. The director makes the best revenge movies you will ever see. Really twisted shit.

Then check out The Chaser. It's also being remade into an American version, but it will probably suck as much as the remake of Old Boy.

Another of my favorites is Kung Fu Hustle. One of the best comedies ever made. It's not Korean, though. It's a Hong Kong production.

The South Koreans have no qualms about breaking barriers. And unlike American movies where the star can be shot, stabbed, and punched three hundred times and then scale tall buildings without even breathing hard or his shirt coming untucked.

Korean movies are more realistic. The star gets winded, he gets tired, he limps, he's disheveled, he fucking hurts. So when his relentlessness pushes him to keep going, you can feel every ache and pain he is going through.

Yeah, Kung Fu Hustle is good...Ill check out the others.....John Woo had a moment for a while and has a new film comingnout for Christmas....Silent Night..

Yeah, Kung Fu Hustle is good...Ill check out the others.....John Woo had a moment for a while and has a new film comingnout for Christmas....Silent Night..
I just saw a preview for Silent Night. I recognized Joel Kinnamen as the main character. I've enjoyed everything of his I've seen, both foreign and domestic.

In the first 20 minutes of this Usher series, we are introduced to a gay prosecutor, an interracial lesbian couple, and an interracial gay male couple.

Enough with the gay shit already!

What the hell is this mess???
This has got to be the wokest show in history.
Just like G5000 says above - they get right to it immediately.
We are supposed to believe that at least half the human population is gay.. AND.. the apparent gay thing to do is to date people outside of your race.

Forum List

Back