Fairness Docrine Coming Back?

The fairness doctrine is not coming back.
Conservatives are talking about it to boost ratings.
Fear sells.
Boneheads take it serious, just like all the people who have recently bought guns.

Fear sells.
Boneheads take it serious, just like all the people who have recently bought guns.

and bullets, we are buying lots of bullets..

I don't like the "Fairness doctrine", either, and I think most of you would probably assume that I am a liberal.

The solution (assuming one is needed..I'm not sure it is) isn't to impose what the media must put on the air.

That is truly a terrible idea.

The real solution is to change the laws regarding monopoloy control over the media back to the laws we once had.

Fear sells.

Cabella's had some great deals this weekend----I'm all stocked up for next deer season or anarchy--whichever comes first.

The liberal elites in the US believe that since Obama and the Democrats won the election back in November, America must be liberal. WRONG! They only won because conservative-leaning America had nobody to vote for. As they say, pride comes before a great fall. If the Democrats continue to push their liberal BS down America's throat, Americans will respond. I just hope they don't push too hard. If that happens, Obama and Lincoln may be remembered as the two Civil War Presidents.

Rumor has it that Mr Lincolns ghost wanders the White House at night (trivia fact, Mr Lincoln had insomnia and roamed the White House at night), maybe if Mr Obama wanders the halls some night he will meet Mr Lincoln and get some timely advice.............
"Go to the theater"...........:evil:

I don't like the "Fairness doctrine", either, and I think most of you would probably assume that I am a liberal.

The solution (assuming one is needed..I'm not sure it is) isn't to impose what the media must put on the air.

That is truly a terrible idea.

The real solution is to change the laws regarding monopoloy control over the media back to the laws we once had.

How about we take the approach of the maintainence department at the Colosseum in Rome: each day they look around, and say "let's leave it just this way."

In NYC we have about 50 radio stations. The conservative stations do best, even in this bastion of liberalism.

What do folks do on areas where radio reception is difficult or impossible. Sirius? And how are the libs and NEOCOMS going to shut down satellite radio? Maybe shoot 'em down.

Fear sells.

Cabella's had some great deals this weekend----I'm all stocked up for next deer season or anarchy--whichever comes first.

does anarchy have a shotgun season?

No, while the public may drive over the cliff now and then, they probably have a reason for long term behavior. More even-handed approach, and intellligent content, and people make it a habit to tune in.

Want both sides, watch Fox.
International flavor, CNN.

One sided, such that he never has an opposing view, its Olbermann.
FOX News is a bunch of liberals.

I like your quote in your sig, but how about that 110 BILLION for the Dept of Education? the Dept of Education? why don't they just BURN the god damn money. Or better yet give it directly to the teachers unions and skip the side step with the DOE.

The liberal elites in the US believe that since Obama and the Democrats won the election back in November, America must be liberal. WRONG! They only won because conservative-leaning America had nobody to vote for. As they say, pride comes before a great fall. If the Democrats continue to push their liberal BS down America's throat, Americans will respond. I just hope they don't push too hard. If that happens, Obama and Lincoln may be remembered as the two Civil War Presidents.

Good point, and one that is missed by far too many leftists.

This last election was not a mandate for Democrats as much as it was a mandate against GW Bush.

With Bush fatigue now fading, and Obama's first month being viewed as erratic at best, combined with continued agitation over the stimulus bill abomination, America's political compass is returning to its conservative leanings.

2010 could prove yet another marked shift in the politcal environment, to say nothing of 2012...

ABC CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, All give you the liberal view of things already. If that isn't fair enough tough. We get Fox News whose best guy is a populit tool that is only right about half the time.

I'm sure if you Nazis have your way the "fairness doctrine" will come back, you can't sell your shit by legitimate methods ie competition so you will dictate that it be swallowed.. :lol:

If they reinstate the fairness doctrine, does that mean that NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and the ilk will have to offer a conservative view half the time also? While I will agree that FOX is center right, they at least have some liberals in their ranks, and they allow for open debate such as they had with Hannity & Colmes. The rest of them are center left to far left in the case of MSNBC.

what a bunch of pure BUNK and ignorance!!!

in the decades the fairness doctrine was in tact, NOT ONE TALK SHOW or talk show host was involved in any of the cases....

only on issues of great public importance, where all sides of the issue should be presented, and it HASN'T BEEN, is where the F/D comes in to play.

and the station ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT HAVE TO PUT OR HIRE a talk show host of the opposite view....in order to air the opposite side of an issue of importance to the Public.

the lack of knowledge or INTENTIONAL MISINFORMATION and SPIN that is out there on this topic is just unbelievable.....!!! :(

care

Some folks on the right are afraid of people hearing both sides of the argument?

Fox is about as center right as the New York Times.

Fox is Murdock. Murdock is far right. Fox is far right.

I see both right and left on MSNBC. Not a fake little shill like Holmer and Hannity.

There are as many liberals as conservatives. Check out the damn demographics. Since the last 8 years Reign of Terror and Stupidity, there are now more registered democrats than repubs.

Talk radio is the media where there are 9 to 1.

Nothing to do with can progressive sell? More spin from the right.

Some folks on the right are afraid of people hearing both sides of the argument?

Fox is about as center right as the New York Times.

Fox is Murdock. Murdock is far right. Fox is far right.

I see both right and left on MSNBC. Not a fake little shill like Holmer and Hannity.

There are as many liberals as conservatives. Check out the damn demographics. Since the last 8 years Reign of Terror and Stupidity, there are now more registered democrats than repubs.

you never answered the basic question libtard.. if you outnumber us and yer message is so damn popular why can't you compete in the market?? why do you go bust???? doyathink? Fox viewers outnumber both CNN and MSNBC :lol:

I'm sure if you Nazis have your way the "fairness doctrine" will come back, you can't sell your shit by legitimate methods ie competition so you will dictate that it be swallowed.. :lol:

Exactly!

There is nothing 'fair' about the Fairness doctrine.

The fact is that anyone has the opportunity to put a radio talk show out there. Broadcasters market what sells, what the public wishes to hear. The liberals have tried and tried to compete in this market and they have failed, over and over again. So why not take it by force?

This president and these liberal lawmakers are bad news and this nation is going to suffer.

Air America was even funded by uber-lib Soros... and STILL failed

There is NOTHING dictating that a person with liberal or progressive views cannot start their own program, or cannot get hired by a local radio station to air such content if there is a market for it... but a radio station should not be required to air ENTERTAINMENT that does not get listened to and does not bring them in the income..

What next? Forcing that country station to play hardcore rap out of fairness? Forcing financial advisers with a radio/tv show to put on people who have opposite investment viewpoints? Forcing a show like 30 Rock to air ballet or commentary against their brand of humor?

Give me a fucking break

Forum List

Back