Fahrenheit 9/11 gets help offer from Hezbollah

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1240819,00.html

Fahrenheit 9/11 gets help offer from Hezbollah

Samantha Ellis
Thursday June 17, 2004
The Guardian

The controversy over Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 just won't go away. The film, which is being advertised with the strapline "Controversy? What controversy?", has been rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America, meaning no one under 17 can see it. Distributors Lions Gate Films and IFC Films, opening the film next week, are appealing against the decision. The rating came partly because the film shows images of US soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, images Moore says he had long before the scandal erupted. He told Associated Press he kept quiet because he thought he'd be accused of "just putting this out for publicity for my movie".

Anger at Moore is building up, too. Pro-military lobby group Move America Forward is campaigning to "Stop Michael Moore from profiting in his attacks on America and our military"; Michael Wilson is making a documentary called Michael Moore Hates America; and the website www.moorelies.com is out "to expose America's fakest pseudo-muckraker".

Meanwhile, in the United Arab Emirates, the film is being offered the kind of support it doesn't need. According to Screen International, the UAE-based distributor Front Row Entertainment has been contacted by organisations related to the Hezbollah in Lebanon with offers of help. All in all, Tony Blair must be relieved that Moore is not going to make a film about him; Moore rebuffed the rumour in a message on his website headlined: "Sorry to scare you, Tony. Michael Moore was just kidding."

You know, when a terrorist organization latches on to your movies, maybe you should rethink your philosophy. What do you think, Mike?

I just keep hoping and praying that young Micheal will follow Rachel Corrie's example. It doesn't even have to be an Israeli bulldozer; a dozer of any nationality would do.

God, that would be awesome! :wank:

Originally posted by NightTrain
I just keep hoping and praying that young Micheal will follow Rachel Corrie's example. It doesn't even have to be an Israeli bulldozer; a dozer of any nationality would do.

God, that would be awesome! :wank:

Might be tough in Israel. UN has decided to get involved in who supplies their bulldozers:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/439534.html

*EDIT* Sorry, way off point I know, but had to respond while it was on my mind after reading Kathiannes posted link.

From Kathiannes posted link.

WASHINGTON - The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights recently sent a letter to Caterpillar corporation's CEO in the United States warning that the bulldozers which the manufacturer sells to the Israel Defense Forces are used for acts that may be deemed human rights violations.

WTF! Are you hosing me? I was going to come up with some of my smart ass analogies, but I can't bring myself to do it. I am dumbfounded.

ok - can't help myself -

The UN gonna send Harley-Davidson a letter warning that their motorcycles used by American men might be deemed civil rights violations against women?

(If you are not familiar with the biker culture, PM me for examples :))

The UN is about as useful as teats on a bull IMHO.

Geez!

Agreed. There are over 2 million Caterpillar dozers in use worldwide. It's hardly their responsibility to be on top of who is using them. Now, if they were sold with missle launchers and flame throwers as accessories... that would be a horse of a different color.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Agreed. There are over 2 million Caterpillar dozers in use worldwide. It's hardly their responsibility to be on top of who is using them. Now, if they were sold with missle launchers and flame throwers as accessories... that would be a horse of a different color.

can I have one of those? :D :tank: :flameth: :firing:

and just for kicks I want this :piss2: as a hood ornament.

Forum List

Back