Fahrenheit 9/11 gets help offer from Hezbollah

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Lefty Wilbury, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Lefty Wilbury

Lefty Wilbury Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1240819,00.html

Fahrenheit 9/11 gets help offer from Hezbollah

Samantha Ellis
    Thursday June 17, 2004
    The Guardian

The controversy over Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 just won't go away. The film, which is being advertised with the strapline "Controversy? What controversy?", has been rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America, meaning no one under 17 can see it. Distributors Lions Gate Films and IFC Films, opening the film next week, are appealing against the decision. The rating came partly because the film shows images of US soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, images Moore says he had long before the scandal erupted. He told Associated Press he kept quiet because he thought he'd be accused of "just putting this out for publicity for my movie".

Anger at Moore is building up, too. Pro-military lobby group Move America Forward is campaigning to "Stop Michael Moore from profiting in his attacks on America and our military"; Michael Wilson is making a documentary called Michael Moore Hates America; and the website www.moorelies.com is out "to expose America's fakest pseudo-muckraker".

Meanwhile, in the United Arab Emirates, the film is being offered the kind of support it doesn't need. According to Screen International, the UAE-based distributor Front Row Entertainment has been contacted by organisations related to the Hezbollah in Lebanon with offers of help. All in all, Tony Blair must be relieved that Moore is not going to make a film about him; Moore rebuffed the rumour in a message on his website headlined: "Sorry to scare you, Tony. Michael Moore was just kidding."

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    You know, when a terrorist organization latches on to your movies, maybe you should rethink your philosophy. What do you think, Mike?

3. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I just keep hoping and praying that young Micheal will follow Rachel Corrie's example. It doesn't even have to be an Israeli bulldozer; a dozer of any nationality would do.

God, that would be awesome! :wank:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Might be tough in Israel. UN has decided to get involved in who supplies their bulldozers:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/439534.html

5. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    *EDIT* Sorry, way off point I know, but had to respond while it was on my mind after reading Kathiannes posted link.

From Kathiannes posted link.

WTF! Are you hosing me? I was going to come up with some of my smart ass analogies, but I can't bring myself to do it. I am dumbfounded.

ok - can't help myself -

The UN gonna send Harley-Davidson a letter warning that their motorcycles used by American men might be deemed civil rights violations against women?

(If you are not familiar with the biker culture, PM me for examples :))

The UN is about as useful as teats on a bull IMHO.

Geez!

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Agreed. There are over 2 million Caterpillar dozers in use worldwide. It's hardly their responsibility to be on top of who is using them. Now, if they were sold with missle launchers and flame throwers as accessories... that would be a horse of a different color.

7. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    can I have one of those? :D :tank: :flameth: :firing:

and just for kicks I want this :piss2: as a hood ornament.

8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :D