Facts about Philadelphia

Better indicator for standard of living. Philadelphia ranks 24th out of 25 major cities in median household income. I just checked.
So that would mean it also ranks 24 out of 100 cities. Or 200 cities. Or 300 cities.

Btw, all of those cities are run by Democrats.

No. Major meaning heavy populated. If you want to pretend that Philadelphia isn't poor, that's fine, although I thought ghats was your excuse for all the violence.

Your head's up your ass. I actually lived in Philly both as a child and an adult, and worked there, and I wouldn't even know where to find "dirt poor". I'm sure they exist ------------ somewhere. Besides in your head.

Fine Philadelphia is a prosperous city. Why all the violence then?

What violence is that?

Oh you mean the OP that had ---- zero links?
And I notice that you call him out on that with... zero links.

I think his graduation rates are old:
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...chool-graduation-rates-pa-dept-education.html

This article suggests that they were near a 50% dropout rate in 2003 but have reached 70% in 2013. Still rather poor.

Crime rates there are not very good either:
Table 4

There are 258 cities tracked under those statistics (100,000 people or more) not including Honolulu and Tuscan which had no information. Using 2014 numbers as that is the most recent population numbers the FBI is using, Philadelphia has a violent crime rate at 491.39 and a Murder rate of 7.38. Out of those 259 that places Philadelphia at 24th for murder and 21st for violent crimes. That is pretty high up on the ladder. It certainly does not compare to the likes of Detroit with a 19.75 murder rate (and Detroit is the number 2 slot, not on top) but that does not really address the fact that Philadelphia is quite high on the crime rate.

I might attribute that to its sheer size. Philadelphia is the 5th largest city only beaten by NY, LA, Chicago and Huston. However, all 4 of those cities rank lower for both those crime rates.

Poverty may be a big reason for that:
America's 11 poorest cities
CBS seems to disagree with your assessment that the city is not poverty stricken. They specifically mention 'deep poor' and list it at number 3. Really, Detroit should not even count either, the economy there simply does not exist anymore. Apparently his head is not 'up his ass.'

What is interesting about that is unemployment is not the problem it seems:
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas
As they are at 133 (1 is good, 387 is the bottom) with a 4.8 unemployment rate. That is better than the national average.

So that would mean it also ranks 24 out of 100 cities. Or 200 cities. Or 300 cities.

Btw, all of those cities are run by Democrats.

No. Major meaning heavy populated. If you want to pretend that Philadelphia isn't poor, that's fine, although I thought ghats was your excuse for all the violence.

Your head's up your ass. I actually lived in Philly both as a child and an adult, and worked there, and I wouldn't even know where to find "dirt poor". I'm sure they exist ------------ somewhere. Besides in your head.

What violence is that?

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...chool-graduation-rates-pa-dept-education.html

This article suggests that they were near a 50% dropout rate in 2003 but have reached 70% in 2013. Still rather poor.

Table 4

There are 258 cities tracked under those statistics (100,000 people or more) not including Honolulu and Tuscan which had no information. Using 2014 numbers as that is the most recent population numbers the FBI is using, Philadelphia has a violent crime rate at 491.39 and a Murder rate of 7.38. Out of those 259 that places Philadelphia at 24th for murder and 21st for violent crimes. That is pretty high up on the ladder. It certainly does not compare to the likes of Detroit with a 19.75 murder rate (and Detroit is the number 2 slot, not on top) but that does not really address the fact that Philadelphia is quite high on the crime rate.

I might attribute that to its sheer size. Philadelphia is the 5th largest city only beaten by NY, LA, Chicago and Huston. However, all 4 of those cities rank lower for both those crime rates.

CBS seems to disagree with your assessment that the city is not poverty stricken. They specifically mention 'deep poor' and list it at number 3. Really, Detroit should not even count either, the economy there simply does not exist anymore. Apparently his head is not 'up his ass.'

As they are at 133 (1 is good, 387 is the bottom) with a 4.8 unemployment rate. That is better than the national average.

Entire countries abroad with a whole lot more people in both smaller and larger spaces have lower crime.

What violence is that?

Table 4

Entire countries abroad with a whole lot more people in both smaller and larger spaces have lower crime.
What countries abroad have is irrelevant. The societal effects and culture of those places have a far larger impact on their crime rates than anything else making any kind of comparison between the two nonsensical.

What matters is how the city compares with other US cities and why.

What violence is that?

Table 4

What countries abroad have is irrelevant. The societal effects and culture of those places have a far larger impact on their crime rates than anything else making any kind of comparison between the two nonsensical.

Then its time for the USA to change.

What violence is that?

Table 4

To what and why?

What violence is that?

Table 4

To what and why?

To a culture that shuts the fuck up and listens to the teacher, and shows up for school wearing school clothes, not mud clothes... dressed like the office that a classroom truly is a sort of.
That will teach them how to get jobs and make good working relationships.

To a culture that shuts the fuck up, and pays their taxes that runs America.

To a culture that keeps their filthy fucking hands where the fuck they belong... to themselves and on nobody else... and treats people the way they want to be treated.

To a culture that gives up the fucking relitarded bullshit, and learns science and social skills.

and why ?
Because that how things get done.
Its keeps things running smoothly.

Forum List

Back