Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

Breitbart? That is fucking hilarious. Thanks for sharing...

Mitt spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.

As an inactive member of the LDS church I can attest to the spartan way of life a Mormon missionary or Elder has to endure.

They spend two solid years serving the church for free. No salary. They have a meager expense account that makes it difficult to buy pizza much less afford a sit-down dinner. They are on call for church emergencies 24/7. They can't go bowling, golfing, play basketball, or baseball, go swimming, they can't dance, they can't go to movies, all of the things that most people take for granted. They can't wear shorts. They have to wear a suit and tie and are only allowed to take off their jacket when the temp requires. They have a strict dress-code. No sex of any kind. They must remain clean and cannot put any drugs in their bodies including caffeine. This 2 year mission is a tradition in the church. It teaches the youth in the LDS church what it's like to be Christlike. It also teaches them to appreciate their freedoms and gives them a work ethic that carries into their adult years.
:rolleyes: They are provided with meals and can participate in sports on their day off.

Fail.

They are provided with meals but they cannot partcipate in sports. At least not when Mitt was a missionary. If they have changed the sports doctrine this is news to me. But I'm talking about what it was like when Mitt was an Elder.

Michelle talking about struggling through just about anything is hilarious. She never had to struggle, just like Barack, and now Michelle spends thousands of tax payer dollars on vacation for her and the kids.

The Romneys never really had to struggle either but they certainly had more adversity than the Obamas did with Ann's MS and cancer scare.

poor pole-he can't articulate a thought on his own

Awww... you need some help posting a pic so you can feel better wittle guy?

yeah, that's it- i don't know how to post a picture :thup:

funny-gif-parking-fail.gif

or maybe i'm not a racist moron like you, pole?

tough call....maybe i should start

a pole poll?

Empress Fat Ass gave us a clue. When they were first married, their combined bills were more than their mortgage. Not rent, mortgage. How many newly marrieds right out of college have a mortgage? They weren't poor. She gave a construct, she used one of the composites that obama used in his books.

It's all a beautifully woven "facade" with Barack Obama...you take a tiny slice of reality...you mix in a whole lot of bullshit and you define yourself.

Barry stands on stage and tells students with massive student loans and scant job opportunities that he's "just like them" because he took years to pay off his student loans. What he DOESN'T tell them is that he when he came out of Harvard Law School he had jobs waiting at a prestigious Chicago law firm for big bucks and a job teaching at the University of Chicago for big bucks AND a six figure book deal! Barack Obama didn't take years to pay off his student loans because he was "struggling" and couldn't afford to pay them...he took years to pay off his student loans because they were low interest and he chose not to.

After the Lies and crap the RNC Spun they have no room to be calling anyone out.

So the Republicans lie so it is okay for the Democrats to lie. At least you are honest and admit they are lying.

This is why I don't trust politicians, they lie. Republican and Democrat.

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

It's the democrat gospel song:

"Gimme that ol' time class warfare, gimme that ol' time class warfare!
Gimme that ol' time class warfare; it's good enough for me!

It was good for Lyndon Johnson, it was good for Jimmy Carter!
Gimme that ol' time class envy! It's good enough for me!
It was good for Willie Clinton, (didn't work for Mike Dukakis);

Oh it's good for every loser, and it's good for every slacker,
it's good for every hater, and it's good enough for me!
Gimme that ol' time class envy; it's good enough for me!
Cause that ol' time class envy, it put Barry in the White House;
Put Barry in the White House, so it's good enough for me!

"Cause we must get re-elected, and we've nothin' else to run on!
Gimme that ol' time class warfare; it's good enough for me!
We've hated on small businessmen; how dare they be successful!
Gimme that ol' time class envy, it's good enough for me!

'Cause you know they didn't build it, and you know they don't deserve it!
Oh, the slackers cannot make it, so they need us to take it;
Til everyone (except for us), has equal misery!
Our policies are failures; can't produce the jobs we promised!
We're out of smoke and mirrors, we're afraid someone might see!

So gimme that ol' time class envy, cause it's all we have to run on!
The economy is broken, thanks to Barry, you and me!
The truth is that we messed up, but we'll lose if we should fess up!
And we've about played out the race card, so what's it gonna be?

Got to keep 'em disaffected; got to keep 'em all distracted;
Or we won't get re-elected; it's a fact that's plain to see.
We can blog and tweet on Twitter, but the jobs are in the shitter;
We have to somehow shift the blame, from Barry, you and me.

So make 'em hate their neighbor, if he profits from his labor;
if he's making more than they do, he's their mortal enemy.
So gimme that ol' time class envy! Gimme that ol' time class envy!
Though it ain't much, it's all we've got ! It's good enough for me!"

Breitbart? That is fucking hilarious. Thanks for sharing...

Mitt spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.

As an inactive member of the LDS church I can attest to the spartan way of life a Mormon missionary or Elder has to endure.

They spend two solid years serving the church for free. No salary. They have a meager expense account that makes it difficult to buy pizza much less afford a sit-down dinner. They are on call for church emergencies 24/7. They can't go bowling, golfing, play basketball, or baseball, go swimming, they can't dance, they can't go to movies, all of the things that most people take for granted. They can't wear shorts. They have to wear a suit and tie and are only allowed to take off their jacket when the temp requires. They have a strict dress-code. No sex of any kind. They must remain clean and cannot put any drugs in their bodies including caffeine. This 2 year mission is a tradition in the church. It teaches the youth in the LDS church what it's like to be Christlike. It also teaches them to appreciate their freedoms and gives them a work ethic that carries into their adult years.

I know several of these young men, and what you say is what I have observed. One thing you left out is that they take the habit of caring and helping people, not necessarily of the Mormon faith, with them for the rest of their lives.

Two or three Mormons help out at the Methodist Church food bank with me and I was surprised that one of them was an African-American and one was a young woman. When they moved to another location, one of the replacements is a Native-American. Diversity seems to be their middle name.

Empress Fat Ass gave us a clue. When they were first married, their combined bills were more than their mortgage. Not rent, mortgage. How many newly marrieds right out of college have a mortgage? They weren't poor. She gave a construct, she used one of the composites that obama used in his books.

Of course their combined loans were more than their mortgage...when you don't have a mortgage because you own the place free and clear. Gotta really pay attention to what is left out there.

Moochelle is a lying sack of shit that wants to play Queen of America by telling us what you can't eat.

She needs to lie about her past and her 1/2 black husband's past to dupe voters into lettting them make things worse while they live the high life for 4 more years.

Moochelle is a lying sack of shit that wants to play Queen of America by telling us what you can't eat.

She needs to lie about her past and her 1/2 black husband's past to dupe voters into lettting them make things worse while they live the high life for 4 more years.

Also think about this...Barack and Barry are two different identities. What Barack "suffered" or struggled with Barry was doing well. And you are right but telling kids what they can and can't eat. For school year there was a letter sent home about how the lunch server has to account for that your child ate in order to have the school get reimbursed by the government. I find it interesting that a woman so large herself should dictate the food consumption of others. Until you clean up your own back yard (pun intended...ha ha) don't dictate to me what others eat. Be an example not a finger pointer!

Ahh... Once again Lakhota chimes in with intellectual property authored by someone else in a vain attempt to derail a thread. Priceless. :clap2:

It is impossible to carry on a discussion here about any one fault of any one liberal. The dimwitted libs on this board tend to attempt deflection to someone else...on the conservative side.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Wow, that was ANOTHER thread of full of con bs/baseless hate toward those who came from being poor to being the President and first lady. It is good though for EVERYONE to see and witness the absolute nut cases there are on the neo-con side of the aisle and the lemmings who follow there lame propaganda.

Talk about lame propaganda, Your whole premise is wrong to begin with, when you state "baseless hate toward those who came from being poor". The problem here is that they were NEVER poor! Please tell me, at what point where the Obama's poor?

He was born into a rich/well to do fam!?! Really? Please elaborate?:confused: I need to read this:badgrin:

"So Michelle Obama says she came from nothing? Fraser Robinson, Michelle’s dad, was a pump operator at the Chicago city water plant. Back in the 70′s he was earning a salary of about $50,000 a year. That’s equivalent to $282,000 today when you adjust for inflation. Michelle’s mother, Marian Robinson, was a secretary at the Spiegel’s catalog store. So no, Michelle Obama didn’t come from a rich family, but she sure as hell didn’t come from a struggling family like she wants you to believe."
The Poor Poor Pitiful Obama’s | THE ROYCROFT REPORT

Seems that all concerned started out pretty well in life....

Forum List

Back