Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

399023_521346171225368_1407120126_n.jpg

"So Michelle Obama says she came from nothing? Fraser Robinson, Michelle’s dad, was a pump operator at the Chicago city water plant. Back in the 70′s he was earning a salary of about $50,000 a year. That’s equivalent to $282,000 today when you adjust for inflation. Michelle’s mother, Marian Robinson, was a secretary at the Spiegel’s catalog store. So no, Michelle Obama didn’t come from a rich family, but she sure as hell didn’t come from a struggling family like she wants you to believe."
The Poor Poor Pitiful Obama’s | THE ROYCROFT REPORT

Seems that all concerned started out pretty well in life....

If wages were TRULY adjusted for inflation the minimum wage would be well over $10/hr, and poverty wouldn't be increasing, but we don't live in a perfect world or a country.

Your source is not independent and is far right/radical. This makes it credible how?

Last edited:

Assuming arguendo that the figures in post #100 are correct, with a family income well over $300,000 in 2012 dollars, why wouldn't it be just as correct to reverse the two figures in your cartoon?

Takes the sting out of the Leftist propaganda that wealth should be held against anyone, doesn't it.

Assuming arguendo that the figures in post #100 are correct, with a family income well over $300,000 in 2012 dollars, why wouldn't it be just as correct to reverse the two figures in your cartoon?

Takes the sting out of the Leftist propaganda that wealth should be held against anyone, doesn't it.

The Obamas earned it. The Romneys were born on 3rd base, and think they hit a triple.

Wealth shouldn't be held against anyone. Honesty should.

Last edited:

"So Michelle Obama says she came from nothing? Fraser Robinson, Michelle’s dad, was a pump operator at the Chicago city water plant. Back in the 70′s he was earning a salary of about $50,000 a year. That’s equivalent to $282,000 today when you adjust for inflation. Michelle’s mother, Marian Robinson, was a secretary at the Spiegel’s catalog store. So no, Michelle Obama didn’t come from a rich family, but she sure as hell didn’t come from a struggling family like she wants you to believe."

If wages were TRULY adjusted for inflation the minimum wage would be well over $10/hr, and poverty wouldn't be increasing, but we don't live in a perfect world or a country.

Your source is not independent and is far right/radical. This makes it credible how?

'Poverty increasing'....only if you accept the hypothetical and totally bogus figures put out in order to support a burgeoning welfare-cottage-industry.

Poverty means no home, no heat, no food.

Can you show that happening, much less increasing.

Try to think for yourself.

The Obamas earned it. The Romneys were born on 3rd base, and think they hit a triple.

By you changing the direction of the issue, that must indicate that I've won that argument.

By you changing the direction of the issue, that must indicate that I've won that argument.

Why don't you just declare yourself the winner then?

488152_521206667905985_1161310051_n.jpg

Last edited:

Not necessary.

It's obvious.

If you'd wouldn't mind losing another round, ask me to comment on your erroneous 'The Obama's earned their money blah blah blah."

BTW...did you note that the sandwich board in your pic is from the 'wobblies'?

You do know the history of the wobblies....don't you?
Double dog dare ya.'

Last edited:

Not necessary.

It's obvious.

If you'd wouldn't mind losing another round, ask me to comment on your erroneous 'The Obama's earned their money blah blah blah."

Double dog dare ya.'

It also looks like Romney's grandson is wondering if the box tastes better than the Papa John's.

546019_520902221269763_908755488_n.jpg

Last edited:

Not necessary.

It's obvious.

Double dog dare ya.'

It also looks like Romney's grandson is wondering if the box tastes better than the Papa John's.

Two beautiful families.
I'll agree to that.

Wise of you not to take me up on the challenge to debate whether or not the Robinson's actually earned their money.

And...am I correct that you know nothing about the wobblies?

'cause there are a couple of books I can recommend.....

Last edited:
Not necessary.

It's obvious.

Double dog dare ya.'

Two beautiful families.
I'll agree to that.

Wise of you not to take me up on the challenge to debate whether or not the Robinson's actually earned their money.

I've quite a few books I can recommend, but I doubt you're the type of person who challenges themself.

554793_521042667922385_1304013894_n.jpg

Two beautiful families.
I'll agree to that.

I've quite a few books I can recommend, but I doubt you're the type of person who challenges themself.

554793_521042667922385_1304013894_n.jpg

So....you'd rather not confront either of these?

"Wise of you not to take me up on the challenge to debate whether or not the Robinson's actually earned their money.

And...am I correct that you know nothing about the wobblies?"

I understand.

Mitt spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.

...recruiting people to join a church that was still officially racist.

If this is true why do they have missionaries that go into the most poverished parts of Africa?

And, in fact, I've been to Salt Lake City, and toured the temple. There were official representatives answering questions.....a number of wom were black folks from African nations.

Where is this supposed left propaganda that wealth should be held against anyone?

Making shit up?

'Poverty increasing'....only if you accept the hypothetical and totally bogus figures put out in order to support a burgeoning welfare-cottage-industry.

What makes your source legit?:cool:

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

Republicans are ALL liars. That is how they communicate. Trust NOTHING they say.

Republicans are ALL liars. That is how they communicate. Trust NOTHING they say.

Really, and Democrats never lie?
You do know that it doesn't matter if they are Democrats or Republicans.
Politicians are ALL liars. That is how they communicate. Trust NOTHING they say
See before you only had it half right.

What makes your source legit?:cool:

To what source or fact do you refer?

Where is this supposed left propaganda that wealth should be held against anyone?

Making shit up?

Watch you language.

"wealth should be held against anyone?"

Serious?

Have you been living under a rock?
Are you claiming that you don't realize the main attack against Romney is the 'out of touch rich guy,' class warfare gambit???

Pelosi and Obama encourage the OWS thugs who want other people's wealth?

You've been out of the country for a few years???

Forum List

Back