Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

You gotta consider another aspect. The left thrives on emotion. They are emotionally connected with Michelle so it doesn't matter if it ain't true. They want it to be true so it's true. Michelle and Barry Hussein are just like us. They even furnished their double wide with dumpster stuff. It's true because we wish it was true.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Seriously? The guy who wrote the OP doing a 'fact' check? 'Fact check' means objective, unemotional, non partisan.

Read Joel Pollak's article about Paul Ryan's speech. Talk about emotionalism and a total lack of professionalism. He is not an objective reporter or a journalist. He is the equivalent of the crying, screaming 12 year old teenie bopper at a Back Street Boys concert over Ryan.

Ryan's Masterful Speech: A Fireside Chat With a Nation in Crisis

by Joel B. Pollak

"I find it difficult to be objective about Ryan’s speech; I was emotional throughout, partly because he is one of the few politicians I have been able to call a friend, and it is simply overwhelming to see a friend on that stage. But I was also moved because Ryan is doing something extraordinary. Not stopping the oceans, or righting all historic wrongs, but reminding us that we are, uniquely, a nation of ideas. What a blessing."

Joel B. Pollak
OB-TN159_HEALTH_G_20120625193402.jpg

Last edited:
My candidate had to struggle more than your candidate.:lol: When did that become a prerequisite to being a good leader?? Would you choose your doctor based on which one has endured more personal illness??:D

no kidding,

What's wrong with this is that it basically says that they struggled until they graduated from college and got good paying jobs.

She said very close to what this op/ed says - that they went into debt for their home, among other things.

Good try but it doesn't quite measure DOWN to daily lies from the right.

and now they are 1% ers

They not only HAVE to bring Clinton back they have to steal his theme of how, THEY FWEEL our Pain

and people fall for it...funny

Any thread that has an o/p from Breitbart really shouldn't start with the words 'fact check'

anything that you do not agree with is a lie and anyone that posts anythng you do not agree with is a liar.

unlike the rabid right, i don't hate people and things because they disagree with me. if the wall street journal wrote it, it might be worth consideration.

from the proven liars at breitbart? not hardly.

i know that distinction is difficult for you. i understand.

Any thread that has an o/p from Breitbart really shouldn't start with the words 'fact check'

anything that you do not agree with is a lie and anyone that posts anythng you do not agree with is a liar.

unlike the rabid right, i don't hate people and things because they disagree with me. if the wall street journal wrote it, it might be worth consideration.

ummmhumm..we see you saying the same thing about every leftwing site posted on here by your little buddies, so you can stable the high horse now

What's wrong with this is that it basically says that they struggled until they graduated from college and got good paying jobs.

She said very close to what this op/ed says - that they went into debt for their home, among other things.

You admit she lied, and then justify the lie and excuse the lie because you are now measuring lies. How do you measure lies nutty?

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

Are you so stupid that you accepted Ms Romney's tale about them living in a basement apartment and using an ironng board for a table(a bare faced lie) but doubt that minorities in this country didn't have to have some help?

Mitten's advice to yountsters:

"start a business even if you must borrow from your parents" LOL

you did neg rep me "for lying" when in fact I did not lie.

You just did not like the information i presented. You are a biased ..............

and I don't care if you are biased. Just crawl down from your fucking cross once in awhile

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

Are you so stupid that you accepted Ms Romney's tale about them living in a basement apartment and using an ironng board for a table(a bare faced lie) but doubt that minorities in this country didn't have to have some help?

Mitten's advice to yountsters:

"start a business even if you must borrow from your parents" LOL

so you are saying that only minorites can struggle financially? because that is what it sounds like.

isn't it wonderful how libs constantly play the race card?

You admit she lied, and then justify the lie and excuse the lie because you are now measuring lies. How do you measure lies nutty?

there are white lies and then there are.....

I'll be called a racist in 5,4,3,

Breitbart? That is fucking hilarious. Thanks for sharing...

Mitt spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.

As an inactive member of the LDS church I can attest to the spartan way of life a Mormon missionary or Elder has to endure.

They spend two solid years serving the church for free. No salary. They have a meager expense account that makes it difficult to buy pizza much less afford a sit-down dinner. They are on call for church emergencies 24/7. They can't go bowling, golfing, play basketball, or baseball, go swimming, they can't dance, they can't go to movies, all of the things that most people take for granted. They can't wear shorts. They have to wear a suit and tie and are only allowed to take off their jacket when the temp requires. They have a strict dress-code. No sex of any kind. They must remain clean and cannot put any drugs in their bodies including caffeine. This 2 year mission is a tradition in the church. It teaches the youth in the LDS church what it's like to be Christlike. It also teaches them to appreciate their freedoms and gives them a work ethic that carries into their adult years.

Forum List

Back