Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

Breitbart? That is fucking hilarious. Thanks for sharing...

Mitt spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.

...recruiting people to join a church that was still officially racist.

Quote the passage in the LDS doctrine that excludes any race. (I seem to remember the Dems actually excluding Jews this week)

If you wanted to find it you could look in the Doctrine and Covenants.

I'm waiting.

BTW........It helps when you open your mouth that you actually know what you're talking about idiot. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Oh please...either of these candidates or their wifes trying to tell us that they FEEL OUR PAIN, is just a little too much for me to bear.

The overhwelming difference between the have and have nots is NOT a few years of not being affluent.

SLUMMING for a few years while one is young does not make one OF DA HOOD.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

...recruiting people to join a church that was still officially racist.

Quote the passage in the LDS doctrine that excludes any race. (I seem to remember the Dems actually excluding Jews this week)

If you wanted to find it you could look in the Doctrine and Covenants.

I'm waiting.

BTW........It helps when you open your mouth that you actually know what you're talking about idiot. :eusa_eh:

It's common knowledge that the LDS excluded blacks from the priesthood until 1978.

Wow, that was ANOTHER thread of full of con bs/baseless hate toward those who came from being poor to being the President and first lady. It is good though for EVERYONE to see and witness the absolute nut cases there are on the neo-con side of the aisle and the lemmings who follow there lame propaganda.

Wow, that was ANOTHER thread of full of con bs/baseless hate toward those who came from being poor to being the President and first lady. It is good though for EVERYONE to see and witness the absolute nut cases there are on the neo-con side of the aisle and the lemmings who follow there lame propaganda.

:eusa_boohoo:
I guess this post was full of LOVE

Oh please...either of these candidates or their wifes trying to tell us that they FEEL OUR PAIN, is just a little too much for me to bear.

The overhwelming difference between the have and have nots is NOT a few years of not being affluent.

SLUMMING for a few years while one is young does not make one OF DA HOOD.

Hardship is still hardship. Doesn't matter if it lasts for a few years or for a lifetime.

I was just going to post the exact same thing. Such an objective source. :rolleyes:

So is thinkprogress, mediamatters, hufferpost, dailyko, commondreams, etc. but funny no bitching about them from you hypocrites

Libs only believe government approved propaganda.

They have to be from the right sources.

Talk about being programmed. :eusa_whistle:

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

Are you so stupid that you accepted Ms Romney's tale about them living in a basement apartment and using an ironng board for a table(a bare faced lie) but doubt that minorities in this country didn't have to have some help?

Mitten's advice to yountsters:

"start a business even if you must borrow from your parents" LOL

so you are saying that only minorites can struggle financially? because that is what it sounds like.

isn't it wonderful how libs constantly play the race card?

Are you that bad off?

Romney's dad owned a car company and was a governor. Do you honestly believe Mitt Romney even knows the first thing about struggling? If you do you are beyond any reasonable help. The man has more foreign bank accounts than most Americans have clocks. He's worth $250,000,000. No wonder he won't let folks see his old tax statements.

Are you so stupid that you accepted Ms Romney's tale about them living in a basement apartment and using an ironng board for a table(a bare faced lie) but doubt that minorities in this country didn't have to have some help?

Mitten's advice to yountsters:

"start a business even if you must borrow from your parents" LOL

so you are saying that only minorites can struggle financially? because that is what it sounds like.

isn't it wonderful how libs constantly play the race card?

Are you that bad off?

Romney's dad owned a car company and was a governor. Do you honestly believe Mitt Romney even knows the first thing about struggling? If you do you are beyond any reasonable help. The man has more foreign bank accounts than most Americans have clocks. He's worth $250,000,000. No wonder he won't let folks see his old tax statements.

Romney's Dad owned a car company?

Which one?

Like I said before, it doesn't matter how rich your family is when you're a Mormon missionary. They are forced to go without many of the trappings of wealth for 2 years. They truly strive to be like Jesus.

And I don't understand how the president and the first lady can swing this lie that they didn't have a privileged upbringing.

They went to the very best schools in America and that ends the conversation.....that is if you want to be realistic. If you want to live in denial then go ahead on and keep lying to yourself.

Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

I don't understand all this poor talk by the pols.

Tell me why does it matter if someone was poor or not when they were a kid as long as they can do the job they're hired for?

If you had a great candidate for a job would you not hire them because they were well off as a kid?

Last edited:

Talk about lame propaganda, Your whole premise is wrong to begin with, when you state "baseless hate toward those who came from being poor". The problem here is that they were NEVER poor! Please tell me, at what point where the Obama's poor?

The only thing she struggles to do is get her yeti ass thru the doorway.

That is the kind of comment that makes us so happy that you are here as one of the best representatives of the true heart and mind of modern American conservatism.

LOL

imagesfirst-butts.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. And if ass fat was money Moochelle would be loaded.

As an inactive member of the LDS church I can attest to the spartan way of life a Mormon missionary or Elder has to endure.

They spend two solid years serving the church for free. No salary. They have a meager expense account that makes it difficult to buy pizza much less afford a sit-down dinner. They are on call for church emergencies 24/7. They can't go bowling, golfing, play basketball, or baseball, go swimming, they can't dance, they can't go to movies, all of the things that most people take for granted. They can't wear shorts. They have to wear a suit and tie and are only allowed to take off their jacket when the temp requires. They have a strict dress-code. No sex of any kind. They must remain clean and cannot put any drugs in their bodies including caffeine. This 2 year mission is a tradition in the church. It teaches the youth in the LDS church what it's like to be Christlike. It also teaches them to appreciate their freedoms and gives them a work ethic that carries into their adult years.
:rolleyes: They are provided with meals and can participate in sports on their day off.

Fail.

Forum List

Back