Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Any MMA fans here?

Faber is heavily favored

Fight odds:
Faber (-270)
Pulver(+210)

If you're the betting kind, bet on Pulver. Faber will probably win the rematch down the road, but not this one. He has never faced anyone of Pulver's caliber and he will be taken by surprise. I predict Pulver wins by KO in the first or second round.

• Banned
Will Faber get PULVERized?

That's my prediction.

I'm surprised by how many people think Faber is going to win easily. They just don't realize how inferior the competition is he's faced in the WEC when compared to a UFC veteran like Pulver. Pulver choked out Cub Swanson in about 13 seconds in his WEC debut and Swanson was the number one contender. There is nothing Faber can really do to prepare for this level of competition. He will be overwhelmed. If I were the betting type, I'd drop at least a c-note or two on this fight.

Faber by RNC in rd. 2. I won't be surprised if Pulver has a really good first round, he may even take Urijah's back, but I see this going down similar to the Curran fight.

but if I may respectfully say so it seems as though you're underestimating how truly fricken' good Faber is because of the .org he fights in.

Pulver's washed up and I read at MMAforum that Faber's been training with BJ - who pwned Pulver - so I would argue that Faber CAN prepare for the level of competition that Lil' Evil brings to the table.

And if Pulver's so badass why did he get KO'd by Lauzon? LOL

I'd bet too, but like you I'm not much of a betting man.

• Banned
Faber by RNC in rd. 2. I won't be surprised if Pulver has a really good first round, he may even take Urijah's back, but I see this going down similar to the Curran fight.

but if I may respectfully say so it seems as though you're underestimating how truly fricken' good Faber is because of the .org he fights in.

Pulver's washed up and I read at MMAforum that Faber's been training with BJ - who pwned Pulver - so I would argue that Faber CAN prepare for the level of competition that Lil' Evil brings to the table.

And if Pulver's so badass why did he get KO'd by Lauzon? LOL

I'd bet too, but like you I'm not much of a betting man.

BJ is the shit, no question. But Pulver was fighting above his ideal weight and still gave him a pretty good go. Pulver didn't take Lauzon seriously. He won't make the same mistake with Faber. How about we just wager USMB bragging rights? :cool:

Are we gonna talk specifics now, or wait until after you lose?

Faber wins, I get to choose your signature for a month, Pulver wins, you get to choose my signature for a month. Deal?

I sort of feel bad rooting against Pulver because after he submits his MMA career will probably be over :confused: But Faber's simply younger, MUCH stronger, and far better. This ain't a progressive social program, folks, the better man is going to win :cool:

Faber wins, I get to choose your signature for a month, Pulver wins, you get to choose my signature for a month. Deal?

I sort of feel bad rooting against Pulver because after he submits his MMA career will probably be over :confused: But Faber's simply younger, MUCH stronger, and far better. This ain't a progressive social program, folks, the better man is going to win :cool:

I'll agree to a week, but we need to agree on the signature ahead of time.

If I win, yours needs to read: It is my honor to have been pwned by the one and only manifold. For he is the most awesome and insightful poster ever to grace the US Messageboard and we are all unworthy to bask in his presense.

Pauli, I'm posting here just for you.

Lol, I was coming in just to flame you for posting here, with the assumption that there couldn't POSSIBLY by something for you to contribute other than to nip at mani's tail.

Touche'.

Or is it tooshay?

You're way too cool for weekend posting, 'fold.

Not really. I just usually spend time here as a way to screw the pooch while collecting a paycheck. On weekends I either get shit done around the house and/or spend time with the family.

Let me know by tomorrow. I can't promise I'll be logging in over the weekend.

Alright, I said it would be mature:

gay_flag.gif

And the text "Gay since Y2K"

Alright, I said it would be mature:

gay_flag.gif

And the text "Gay since Y2K"

That's pushing it pal. I'll tell you what, since Faber is the overwhelming favorite I'll agree to the following: Faber wins - I use this sig for two days. Pulver wins, you use mine for a week.

Forum List

Back