Faber vs Pulver

The only thing more surprising than Pulver's takedown defense was Urijah's standup. I've never seen him showcase it like that before and he outstruck one of the best 145 pound stand up fighters in the world. Urijah's striking display has pushed him into my top 5 pound for pound best fighters.

Jens Pulver before the fight:
4821.jpg

Jens Pulver after the fight:
goonies.jpg

The only thing more surprising than Pulver's takedown defense was Urijah's standup. I've never seen him showcase it like that before and he outstruck one of the best 145 pound stand up fighters in the world. Urijah's striking display has pushed him into my top 5 pound for pound best fighters.

I knew Faber was good, but I was counting on the fact that he's never faced anyone as good as Pulver to catch him by surprise. Boy was I wrong. Still though, one of the best fights I've ever seen. I just don't know where the WEC goes from here. I don't think they have any other 145lb fighters that could last one round with either of these guys.

I just watched the replay today...the Torres/Maeda and Faber/Pulver fights are both finalists for the fight of the year in my opinion. Faber and Pulver are both rumored to be on the WEC card in early fall, not against each other.

Forum List

Back