Exxon/Mobil Paid No Federal Income Tax in 2009

People say "good for them" yet bitch about their taxes being so high. Well if billion dollar corporations don't pay taxes, who do you think is going to have to foot the bill? You think those companies spent their tax break dollars hiring more people and paying their employees well? probably not, just pocket it

if you dont have taxes so high they will be paying their fair share because it will be more effort to go elsewhere.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand. If you overtax people, the people with means will leave and those without will suffer.

But no, of course you don't understand it. You have to "stick it" to those rich people. Because by making them move elsewhere and placing more burden on the poor we are supposed to feel better about it.

Lots of conservatives defending the powerful corporations.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

Last edited:
Exxon's net profit was close to 7% last year - and nearly 10% in 2008 (which was an oil asset bubble year).

Return on Assets is 7.5%, not bad considering the intensive capital investment requirement - and certainly not exorbitant.

As to what rate they pay for leases, a better question is: why does the Federal Government own so much land? It would be better used and maintained in private hands.

so you support coorporate welfare for mega corporations?
Diversion attempt ignored.

Lowering taxes isnt corporate welfare.

The government has no money. It's the taxpayers money. Sound fiscal policy where people and corporations of people keep more of their own money is not welfare.

Stop being dishonest and trying to redefine terms.

How do you know that?

Charges for income taxes on an income statement filed to the SEC is not necessarily representative of what they actually paid.

You might be right, I don't know, but what a publicly-traded company pays in actual cash taxes is very different from the taxes charged on the income statement.

Yes, tax accounting is different than financial accounting - but the accruals are there for a purpose. They represent a liability that is owed for the period. They may have credits or NOLs that apply to actual tax filings later on.

The real answer would be to get rid of this complex nonsense - but that would take away politicians ability to sell favors.

People say "good for them" yet bitch about their taxes being so high. Well if billion dollar corporations don't pay taxes, who do you think is going to have to foot the bill? You think those companies spent their tax break dollars hiring more people and paying their employees well? probably not, just pocket it

if you dont have taxes so high they will be paying their fair share because it will be more effort to go elsewhere.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand. If you overtax people, the people with means will leave and those without will suffer.

But no, of course you don't understand it. You have to "stick it" to those rich people. Because by making them move elsewhere and placing more burden on the poor we are supposed to feel better about it.

Umm seems like thay have already gone elsewhere.
They will not quit selling product to the USA. We are their consumers.
Well I am not, I have been boycotting Exxon for years. I will have them on their knees soon :D
Well I will not, but WE could.
Consumers collectively have tremendous power if they were only smart enough to use it.

I also do no business with any company that has N.A. on the end of their name.

Last edited:
Then you are a damn FOOL!!

Corporation DO NOT care about you or anything or anyone else...they are NOT people...they only care about its own GROWTH...ALL ELSE BE DAMNED.

Do. You. Understand. What. That. Means?

Why don't you stop spouting your NUT-WING BS and get a clue for once in your life man.

Sheeesh!!

How many people are employed by corporations?

How many people purchase products or services which improve their lives from corporations?

How well did the state run collective enterprises in the Soviet Union provide services and goods to the citizens of that empire?

You assume that profit is immoral. It's not. It's danged useful stuff which enables our economy to invest and grow - creating jobs which improve people's lives. That's far more moral than the command and control misery you prefer.

corporations own our government.
That much is clear.
So corporations already own the land?

So corporations own Obama? They own the Democrat controlled Congress?

I suppose it was their idea to pass health care reform then going with that logic. After all, they own the government.

I guess that makes you and your other leftist friends on this board corporate shills.

corporations own our government.
That much is clear.
So corporations already own the land?

So corporations own Obama? They own the Democrat controlled Congress?

I suppose it was their idea to pass health care reform then going with that logic. After all, they own the government.

I guess that makes you and your other leftist friends on this board corporate shills.

Corportations own most on both sides, and yes obviously Obama as well.
Me an Obama shill? LOL.

I am not the one defending corporations here....

You probably thought Shilling and Lay were just shrewd businessmen?

Last edited:
God Bless The Corporations!

Isn't that right Neo-Cons?

I'd rather have Greedy Corporations than Greedy Government.

Then you are a damn FOOL!!

Corporation DO NOT care about you or anything or anyone else...they are NOT people...they only care about its own GROWTH...ALL ELSE BE DAMNED.

Do. You. Understand. What. That. Means?

Why don't you stop spouting your NUT-WING BS and get a clue for once in your life man.

Sheeesh!!

Corporations are businesses. Businesses are made up of people and provide jobs for people. There is no corporation in existance that doenst involve people.

Your unhealthy obsession with corporations is perplexing and just not right. They are useful tools to promote economic growth such as sole proprietorships, partnerships, and LLCs.

There is nothing wrong with people banding together to work in a common industry and producing goods and services that other people desire. In fact, it's a pretty darn good way to live.

I am not the one defending corporations here....

As you are such a Non-Fan of corporations - what's the alternative?

How do you propose that goods be made and sold?

No Nancy, I mean Clancy...you yourself just stated "And you think the Government is any better?" indicating that you KNOW that Corporations are nothing but SCUM.

I, however, believe and KNOW that the Government IS better.

WHO is the government other than you and me and your fellow American citizens...not a bunch of old farts in a corporate dungeon somewhere thinking up new ways to bilk the good folks from their money.

What has the Big Corp done for you lately? What has Big Miner done for you lately?

What have the Big Corp done for me lately? Do you have a specific one in mind or will anyone do?

Let's see:

They provided gas for my car.
They provided food for the supermarket.
The provided the supermarket to house the food.
They provided lending institutions for me to keep my money.
They provided Computers for me to work on
They provided internet services at afforable rates.
They provided my telephone for me.
They provided interest on the money they borrowed from in in my bank.
They provided jobs for neighbors.
They have provided me the car I drive
They have provided means for me to purchase just about anything I could possibly desire.

I would love to see the percentages of corporations vs governments that have caused mass genocide, removed liberty, prevented economic growth, falsely imprisoned people, etc. I'm willing to bet my life that far more governments have done the above things than corporations.

Lots of conservatives defending the powerful corporations.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

And absolutely no liberals actually thinking about anything.

Umm seems like thay have already gone elsewhere.
They will not quit selling product to the USA. We are their consumers.
Well I am not, I have been boycotting Exxon for years. I will have them on their knees soon :D
Well I will not, but WE could.
Consumers collectively have tremendous power if they were only smart enough to use it.

I also do no business with any company that has N.A. on the end of their name.

:eusa_wall::eusa_wall:

if they've already gone than bring them back by lowering taxes and ending the overregulation

Seriously, how difficult is this to understand?!

Those evil corporations!!! How dare they make a profit and employ people!! That's the governments job. How dare they utilize every possible way to reduce their taxes!! I am outraged!!!!....:rolleyes:

And how dare they do so by providing goods and services that we enjoy. The nerve of them thinking I will pay them for useful goods.

Yeah, we'd all rather drive a Pelosi GTxi/RT Sport Edition!

4341052317_188c87635e_o.jpg

Forum List

Back