Exxon Discovers Vast Pool Of Oil In Artic

Well no, peak oil was based on oil recoverable at the price then in effect. Today, with $100 a barrel oil, peak oil is much further off. However, that oil will be even more expensive.

More expensive than what?

I thought sunbeams, wind, bubble-up, and rainbow stew were free.

Well no, peak oil was based on oil recoverable at the price then in effect. Today, with $100 a barrel oil, peak oil is much further off. However, that oil will be even more expensive.
That's not how I remember the "peak oil" theory. Emphasis on "theory".

Today, Brent is at $97, WTI is at $93, and localized domestic crude markets are discounted anywhere from $8 to $15 below WTI depending on inventory.

And inventory in the U.S. isn't moving (exclusive of rail) because the Commander in Fuck will not approve the XL leg of the Keystone pipeline.

Peak oil is based on the Goebbels Big Lie that Earth is the only planet that needs dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons

Sucks to be you and wrong, then having to lie to cover your ignorance

The only reason Peak Oil failed as a theory is unlike ManMade Global Warming, the Peak Oilers couldn't alter the data to fit their theory.

One day, Peak oil and AGW will be mentioned together as "Stupidest theories in the history of mankind"

600px-Hubbert_peak_oil_plot.svg.png

Peak oil is based on the Goebbels Big Lie that Earth is the only planet that needs dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons

So.................um, what other planet needs, "dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons?"

At any rate, I've always considered "peak oil" to be self evident: fossil fuel is Not renewable, and will eventually reach prices that make alternative sources economic substitutes. Predicting when this will happen has been the hobby of many academics that need to justify their applications for grant funding for their next hair-brained scheme to convert mouse droppings into gasoline, or whatever.

The only reason Peak Oil failed as a theory is unlike ManMade Global Warming, the Peak Oilers couldn't alter the data to fit their theory.

One day, Peak oil and AGW will be mentioned together as "Stupidest theories in the history of mankind"

theories

more like the stupidest hoaxes in the history of mankind

So.................um, what other planet needs, "dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons?"

At any rate, I've always considered "peak oil" to be self evident: fossil fuel is Not renewable, and will eventually reach prices that make alternative sources economic substitutes. Predicting when this will happen has been the hobby of many academics that need to justify their applications for grant funding for their next hair-brained scheme to convert mouse droppings into gasoline, or whatever.

For example

Saturn's Moon Titan: No dinosaurs, lake of liquid hydrocarbons

For example

rolling%20eyes.gif

Yeah, I guess Peak Oil did not take that possible source into account.

The funniest thing here is Frank posting a graph showing a peak in oil production, and then claiming peak oil is a myth.

The second funniest thing is his abiotic oil kookiness. So what if nobody has ever found any? His cult says the abiotic oil there, hence Frank BELIEVES!

Abiotic oil is just one of many required beliefs of the extreme kook right fruitloop cult. Other lunacy which is mandatory for that cult includes claims of DDT being harmless, global warming denialism, supply-side economics and ozone depletion denial.

For example

rolling%20eyes.gif

The point is that hydrocarbons don't require organic raw materials.

Let me know if you're still confused

The funniest thing here is Frank posting a graph showing a peak in oil production, and then claiming peak oil is a myth.

The second funniest thing is his abiotic oil kookiness. So what if nobody has ever found any? His cult says the abiotic oil there, hence Frank BELIEVES!

Abiotic oil is just one of many required beliefs of the extreme kook right fruitloop cult. Other lunacy which is mandatory for that cult includes claims of DDT being harmless, global warming denialism, supply-side economics and ozone depletion denial.

World_Oil_Production.png

Much like Global Warming, the Peak oil Chart I posted has been completely discredited by "reality" as shown above

Liquid_lakes_on_titan.jpg

Picture showing either:

a) Dinosaurs must have once lived on Saturn's Moon Titan, or

b) Lakes of Aboitic produced hydrocarbons.

You pick

For example

rolling%20eyes.gif

The point is that hydrocarbons don't require organic raw materials.

Let me know if you're still confused

By "organic raw materials" I suppose you mean dinosaurs on other planets.

True. ....

Always great to have this nugget of valuable information in your pocket when formulating a cogent argument against Peak Oil Theorists Wackos.

Liquid_lakes_on_titan.jpg

Picture showing either:

You pick

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Both choices are equally absurd in the context of "peak oil,"

Look, please stop.......please:laugh:

Picture showing either:

You pick

So according to Frank, earth is exactly like Titan, and therefore there are lakes of abioitic oil all over earth.

Frank can you point us to these lakes of abiotic oil? Heck, can you point us to a single instance where more than a trace of abiotic oil was found?

Any other cultists want to officially jump on the crazy train with Frank by announcing their embrace of the communist-invented abiotic oil theory? Its commie heritage isn't the only reason the crazies like it, but it definitely contributes, since the cult loons try to emulate the Soviets in as many ways as they can.

Peak oil was based on expansion in oil production and then decline. The maximum RATE (not price) being called peak oil, although Hubbert didn't really tend to use the term as it is used today. Certainly in his seminal work on the topic In 1956 he didn't say anything about price. Price was brought in later, after Colin Campbell's first failed predictions of peak in the late 80's, he then ginned up some gimmicky stuff in the late 90's with Lahherrere (Lions and Tigers and Bears and No More Cheap Oil...OH MY!), while hoping that folks didn't realize he had been getting it wrong for a decade. Some of us have never forgotten the black eye that kind of nonsense gave to people who are seriously concerned about resource scarcity issues.

And the real price of oil has been increasing since the early 70's, most of America was raised on more expensive oil, and the modern peak oilers argument of price just demonstrates that they don't know any more about economics than they do geology.

But oil is more expensive today. Yet somehow, I manage to spend less on it, each year. Funny how that works.

Picture showing either:

You pick

So according to Frank, earth is exactly like Titan, and therefore there are lakes of abioitic oil all over earth.

Frank can you point us to these lakes of abiotic oil? Heck, can you point us to a single instance where more than a trace of abiotic oil was found?

Any other cultists want to officially jump on the crazy train with Frank by announcing their embrace of the communist-invented abiotic oil theory? Its commie heritage isn't the only reason the crazies like it, but it definitely contributes, since the cult loons try to emulate the Soviets in as many ways as they can.
On planet Earth the lakes of abiotic oil are where they were formed: underground

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Meaning of Affect and Effect
In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

• Affect is a verb. It means to produce a change in or influence something.
  • Effect is a noun. It is the result or change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.
A large release of CH4 will affect the climate, worldwide.

It's truly refreshing to see that someone here actually knows that, and can articulate the difference between the terms well.

My faith in humanity has been renewed. :thup:

Forum List

Back