Extendn Unemplymnt Insurnce Ths Yr Shld Be A Given Fr Cngrss!

Oh and true conservatism does not lie and cheat.

Conservatism is an ideology.

An ideology does not lie and cheat.

A person does.

You truly are a victim of left talking points and it is making you say some very silly things.

FYI...I am a conservative.

A liberal does not lie. He/she has a vision different than mine.

Is he right? Maybe. AM I right? Maybe.

Is he an idiot? No. AM I? No.

Last edited:
Huh?

Artificial demand?

Sorry bud...you can not create artificail demand for real estate.

Housing prices were jacked up becuase of a large influx of people that could "all of a sudden" buy a home thanks to policy that prompted the banks to lend to those that should not be lent to.

It is not rocket science...but I will admit it has been clouded by the left talking points.

And the cast of characters that are responsible still have yet to be held accountable. Two notables are Dodd and Fwank. The former bolts (Doesn't seek re-election), and the other get re-elected.

And if the Congress had the nutz to do it? I'd like to see Bawney get called out on it for his role.

I can agree with that but still hold those who lent the money and then Wall Street trying to hide the bad investments in derivatives with the lion's share of accountability.

And that solely lies with the Congress that threatened Bankers to comply or else.

Huh?

Artificial demand?

Sorry bud...you can not create artificail demand for real estate.

Housing prices were jacked up becuase of a large influx of people that could "all of a sudden" buy a home thanks to policy that prompted the banks to lend to those that should not be lent to.

It is not rocket science...but I will admit it has been clouded by the left talking points.

And the cast of characters that are responsible still have yet to be held accountable. Two notables are Dodd and Fwank. The former bolts (Doesn't seek re-election), and the other get re-elected.

And if the Congress had the nutz to do it? I'd like to see Bawney get called out on it for his role.

I can agree with that but still hold those who lent the money and then Wall Street trying to hide the bad investments in derivatives with the lion's share of accountability.

They couldnt have done it if the people who couldnt afford the loans, did not take the loans.

I hold the one who sells the gun to the killer illegally just as guilty of murder as the killer himself.

But that is me.

And that solely lies with the Congress that threatened Bankers to comply or else.

I've heard this but never has anyone stated what the "or else" was?

Last edited:
The bottom line:

These massive numbers of unemployed were working till Wall Street and/or the government created this huge mess. They are not unemployed of their own volition. Do the responsible thing and either create jobs for them or at least sustain them till they can be made whole.

That's the whole point of my question. Do you?

What are they going to do without a job, without the prospect of a job, without benefits and facing starvation?

They'll find themselves a job.

Do you have trouble with numbers?

We have 15,000,000 unemployed and 3,000,000 job openings. That means we have only one job for every five unemployed workers.

Do you understand what that means?

It means not everyone who wants a job will be able to get a job.

Do you understand the problem?

Can you explain why the weekly emails I receive from careerbuilder have no fewer than 75 job opening ads. That number is limited to my profile which is of a narrow focus of fields?
In my view, many people have simply given up looking for work because they can sit home in relative comfort, collect and NOT have to look for work.
There is no excuse for "holding out" for a desired position.
There should be restrictive conditions attached to unemployment benefits. One is the recipient MUST actively seek work.

We have 15,000,000 unemployed and 3,000,000 job openings. That means we have only one job for every five unemployed workers.

Can you explain why the weekly emails I receive from careerbuilder have no fewer than 75 job opening ads. That number is limited to my profile which is of a narrow focus of fields?
In my view, many people have simply given up looking for work because they can sit home in relative comfort, collect and NOT have to look for work.
There should be restrictive conditions attached to unemployment benefits. One is the recipient MUST actively seek work.

how does this address the fact that there is more unemployeed people than jobs?

how does this address the fact that there is more unemployeed people than jobs?

Perfect! In the absence of a substantive reply, answer a question with a question.
BTW, got a link for those numbers. Also ,you can provide an independent link that corroborates the original. No blogs. No opinions.
You can start with the US bureau of labor statistics. Then you can find unbiased results elsewhere.
Oh, would you address the issue of recipient required to actively seek work?

The answer is so simple for the right wing.

Get rid of those annoying clean air and clean water regulations.

Drop the minimum wage to a dollar an hour.

Don't tax corporations.

And "Wallah", we have a strong and growing economy. Just like China.

The current Congress should most definitely extend Unemployment Insurance this year and not let it expire at the end of this month like it is set to. The case for extending is overwhelming.

If this insurance is not extended two million Americans will lose their unemployment checks in December. America is now in the Christmas shopping season, this will hurt the nation's retailers big time not only these two million families spending power is affected but this cut off will spoil the consuming mood of the American consumer they will hear about these cut off families not being able to pay their bills and they will worry about their own economic well-being and hold back on spending. Early next year when the nation's retailers report their fourth quarter profits the figures will be low which will hurt these businesses stock prices and be a drag on business and wall streets confidence which could hurt the nation's economic recovery. Plus, these unemployment check recipients spend this money they get quickly they create an economic stimulating boost to the nation's economy wisdom doesn't call for taking away this stimulating boost right now when the economic recovery is still in a fragile state!

Another very good reason for holding off on the stopping of unemployment checks right now is that when it is stopped nationwide the pain from this government act on the American people is going to be significant, many of these unemployed won't be able to make their mortgage, rent, car/credit card payments, utility bills etc.. This social impact will be palpable, a new level of the hardship this recession has thrust on the American people will be evident. The American people need the current government to drop this situation on the newly elected government's lap especially the new Republican controlled House of Republicans and give them a real wake up call. Because this new Republican government is so misguided they offer no hope to the American worker as a whole on the middle income jobs front!

These Republicans with their lower business taxes and trickle down economic policies are delusional if they thing this is going to generate the numbers of middle class jobs needed by the American people! These Republicans fail to recognize that American business managers have as their priority increasing profit not creating good paying jobs. These Republicans have to gain a commitment to bring back manufacturing to America. Plenty of manufactured items used in American households and in other capacities in America have a price point where they could pay an American worker manufacturing such product a middle class wage. Republicans have to abandon their refusal to support anything that restricts free markets or free trade. Too many ordinary people get hurt with a pure free market system. Countries have to have a domestic industry to compete in a free market system otherwise the whole system is a sham, it is a government's duty to preserve a domestic industry for those goods whose prices can support such an industry - a government has a duty to work to provide decent livable wage jobs for their citizens. Republicans will tell you the answer here is we need American businesses to be doing research and development and come up with new products that people around the world will need and Americans will find good employment in making these new products. The American people have been hearing this crap from their politicians for the past twenty five years with nothing to show we have heard it about the solar power indusrty and the wind power industry and electric car battery industry and what happens American business invent this technology and other countries manufacture the products and little American employment comes from it. Republicans need to get the message from the American people enough is enough do whatever you have to fix this situation but fix it renegotiate the trade agreements allowing countries to protect their domestic industries so that a third of the products consumed domestically come from domestic industries or just start doing what the Chinese and other foreign governments do providing grants and low interest loans to businesses building and running domestic manufacturing industries and put tariffs on foreign imports to protect these industries as needed. Stopping Americans unemployment checks is a bomb and it should be dropped on the next Congress because maybe it will change that Congress for the better otherwise rest assured more unemployment bombs are coming!

If Congress needs help paying for this legislation, American businesses have foreign generated profits sitting off shore because they don't want to pay the thirty-five percent U.S. corporate tax rate on this revenue if they bought it back into the country. Congress for a year or two should lower the tax on this revenue stream to around ten percent, the U.S. treasury would get tens of billions of dollars they would not otherwise get from this tax and they could use this to pay for an unemployment insurance extension. Plus, all this offshore money coming back into the U.S. would have an economic stimulating effect for the American economy, it would be a two-for!

The retailers have a trillion they are setting on, let them hire the unemployed. The unemployed do not get enough to be spending anything in a store anyway. And no job, no house. Why should we feel sorry for them? If they lose their house as capitalism demands, that is an opportunity to spark investments and buying by other people. Republican's plan is to let capitalism fix the economy, so I really cannot find a reason to help the unemployed just because they lost their job to out sourcing and cut backs. They should have worked harder and made the corporation more profits, and they might still be there. Do you want to reward failure? And you start messing with off-shore accounts and the corporations will be out of here, and setting in India or China where they can conduct business without government interference. You can save the world or the unemployed Losers. When they turn to crime, lock their asses up.

Last edited:

Don't tax corporations.

Who's calling for any of that? Degree of difficulty: You have to quote real people, not the hateful horseshit your head is full of.

Ahhh, what am I saying? All you've got is hateful horseshit. :cool:

Don't tax corporations.

Genius.....it's "Voila"....."Wallah"... Jesus Christ....
As for the rest of your post....:bsflag:

The unemployed did not choose to be unemployed and the vast majority of them do not want to subside on meager handouts. They are unemployed due to aggregious behaviour from those who are supposed to be leaders and experts.

Help them get jobs or extend their benefits.

There are many budget items to cut to pay for this:

_Accelerate TARP repayments
_Reduce involvement in Iraq
_Reduce involvement in Afghanistan
_Make a few less fighter jets
_Ban all pork

Boener wanted to shift stimulus funds. That is money being spent here. I would look to all overseas accounts first.

From this Independent's viewpoint Republicans are looking very shallow and selfish on this one.

Last edited:

People drawing unemployement do have the requirement to look for work. At least three contacts a week.

You dont know much about this do you?

Yes, they must extend unemployment beyond the nearly 2 years it already runs. Because we don't want people having to go out to look for work during the Xmas season, right? They should be home, enjoying the holidays with lots of presents courtesy of the US taxpayer.

What a 'tard. People need to get off their asses and get a job. If they end up on the street then we can see about doing something. But people are resourceful. They will find something to do.

15,000,000 unemployed.

3,000,000 job openings.

Get it?

Sounds like there are alot of unemployed people who dont want to do the heavy lifting needed to create a job for themselves. It's a shame too.

So how does this make it right to extend benefits beyond 2 years? Are you honestly suggesting people cant find a job or acquire the skills needed to create one within a two year period?

People drawing unemployement do have the requirement to look for work. At least three contacts a week.

Three contacts a week is hardly looking for work. I could make those in an hour.

See, looking for work, or creating it, should be your 9-5 job while you are unemployed.

The unemployed did not choose to be unemployed and the vast majority of them do not want to subside on meager handouts. They are unemployed due to aggregious behaviour from those who are supposed to be leaders and experts.

Help them get jobs or extend their benefits.

There are many budget items to cut to pay for this:

_Accelerate TARP repayments
_Reduce involvement in Iraq
_Reduce involvement in Afghanistan
_Make a few less fighter jets
_Ban all pork

Boener wanted to shift stimulus funds. That is money being spent here. I would look to all overseas accounts first.

From this Independent's viewpoint Republicans are looking very shallow and selfish on this one.

Your list will end up promoting a permanent entitlement for not working.
Check the news from Europe. The British Govt is going to slash formerly expected lifetime unemployment benefits. Your suggestion creates just that. Unemployment insurance is designed to be a temporary stipend for those who are not working through no fault of their own.
With countless extensions those capable of working will continue ot sit home while taxpayers fund their lifestyle. That is not going to sit well with the producers. The elections of 2010 were just the tip of the iceberg. The American people in general are willing to help. We are not willing to be a supporting agency for those who CAN work, but will NOT work.
Permanent unemployment benefits are unsustainable. There MUST be a limit.
BTW, that stimulus money has been if anything, a drain on the economy.

Three contacts a week is hardly looking for work. I could make those in an hour.

See, looking for work, or creating it, should be your 9-5 job while you are unemployed.

As a person who has interviewed many potential employees, trust that any of those can talk their way OUT of employment..lol. It is so easy...lie, lie, lie.

I say reduce the size of unemployment checks and set a one year expiration date for food stamps.

The best way to help people out of their poverty is to make them uncomfortable.--Benjamin Franklin

Forum List

Back