expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Kroenke already owns the land, and he has the financial strength to both build a stadium and withstand a relocation fee. Based on the 2013 Forbes rankings, the Rams’ franchise worth would double if they moved out to Los Angeles.

The city of Los Angeles and it's metropolitan area cant afford to invest public funds into a stadium.That fact alone probably eliminates oakland raiders owner mark davis and san diego chargers owner dean spanos from moving to Los Angeles,unless they can strike a deal with AEG for farmers field.Both owners would likely need some form of public financing to move and pay relocation costs.However,that doesn't mean a team with a wealthy owner cant take advantage of the situation.

WHAT ABOUT THE RAMS?

It would take an owner with a large cash reserve and the ability to think of long term revenue to make the move.Of all the teams currently available to move,there is one man who fits that description.The Rams Kroenke.Oh,and it's Kroenke who owns 60 acres of land in an already NFL approved area of town.

THEIR words saint louis apologists,NOT mine.cold hard facts why the raiders and chargers wont be able to move to LA despite their stadium issues but the Rams WILL be able to.

Misinformation about Los Angeles continues to dominate NFL discussion GRIDIRON MEDIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR LATEST NFL NEWS

Last edited:
Kroenke already owns the land, and he has the financial strength to both build a stadium and withstand a relocation fee. Based on the 2013 Forbes rankings, the Rams’ franchise worth would double if they moved out to Los Angeles.

The city of Los Angeles and it's metropolitan area cant afford to invest public funds into a stadium.That fact alone probably eliminates oakland raiders owner mark davis and san diego chargers owner dean spanos from moving to Los Angeles,unless they can strike a deal with AEG for farmers field.Both owners would likely need some form of public financing to move and pay relocation costs.However,that doesn't mean a team with a wealthy owner cant take advantage of the situation.

WHAT ABOUT THE RAMS?

It would take an owner with a large cash reserve and the ability to think of long term revenue to make the move.Of all the teams currently available to move,there is one man who fits that description.The Rams Kroenke.Oh,and it's Kroenke who owns 60 acres of land in an already NFL approved area of town.

THEIR words saint louis apologists,NOT mine.cold hard facts why the raiders and chargers wont be able to move to LA despite their stadium issues but the Rams WILL be able to.

Misinformation about Los Angeles continues to dominate NFL discussion GRIDIRON MEDIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR LATEST NFL NEWS

They won't build on the land he currently purchased, it is only 60 acres, Kroenke wants 300 plus acres to build a suitable stadium.

• Please, take back the LA Rams. I was a fan when they first moved here, but 15 years of zero effort to win will sour anyone. You clear the road; Ill help them pack their crap.
      THIS IS COMING FROM A SAINT LOUIS FAN.this is WHY they are leaving,they have no fan support there.31st of of the 32 teams with the jabs being the only worse one.lol

• Thank you Derek for a well written and researched piece. Something Mr. Graham should have done. But like all writers from the Buffalo area, they are too complacent or lazy, and the only way to get a trip to the Best Coast is by telling your boss your researching for an article.

• after two minutes of research on the internet, I found my remark about all Buffalo writers to be in error, however, I stand behind my statement about Mr. Graham.
      Thank you for mention that we in Los Angeles DO support our teams...win or lose. Thank you as well for stating the TRUE reason why the Rams and Raiders left...and why there isn't a new stadium built already (no public funds will be given).
  • SO VERY TRUE.

• A good article with a sound foundation and one that isn't slanted in on direction as Graham's article clearly was.
  • ALSO VERY TRUE.

• As a St. Louis native and Rams fan, I certainly don't want them to leave, but this was a well written article. It seems to objectively state the situation and I agree, the Rams are certainly candidates to return to their previous destination .ANOTHER COMMENT FORM A SAINT LOIS FAN.
    Good article Derek.The Bills should and I feel will stay if in Buffalo but another thing Graham left out when the Bill have struggled during the year they too have not sold out game at the end of the year in fact for anyone that has the Sunday Ticket Package there are many stadiums with empty seats.The NFL for a variety of reasons is a TV sport.The Sunday Ticket Package is a big reason why.
  • .WELL SAID.

• The Rams will more than double in value if they come home. I think this is a no brainer for Stan. Of course the city won't spend a dime. If he brings the money the city will agree. If LA would have upgraded the stadium they would have never left. Come on home Rams, the fans are still here.
    THIS GUY NAILED IT AND THATS WHY THEY ARE COMING BACK.

• graham is also not getting the fact that we don't want the Bills.

• WELL SAID AS WELL.
  • Excellent article.

There has been so much misinformation, even before the Rams and Raiders left Southern California.

The Rams were highly popular until around the early '90s. Both John Shaw and Georgia F. purposely dismantled a once proud franchise. They alienated the fans with bad trades, public tirades about how bad Anaheim was, losing records towards the end, and total contempt for the fans. How can any business survive with that kind of customer treatment? Pretty soon, fans got feed up and John and Georgia found a gullible city to pony up the cash in St. Louis.

Los Angeles is perfect for the Rams again. Sunny weather, potentially huge fan base, and accessible. Bring the Rams back home.

SAVED THE BEST COMMENT FOR THE LAST SINCE I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER MYSELF,THIS GUY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.:banana::clap2::clap2::clap2::happy-1::thup::thewave::thup::thup::thup:

"Missouri taxpayers-even those who cant name five Rams players-continue to pay $12 million a year for the dome."

In just six years, the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority will have burned through its $16 million savings, according to authority estimates. And if spending continues at that pace, in 15 years the Dome will be nearly $62 million in the hole.

62 million hole in Jones Dome future News

The indoor football stadium that the St. Louis Rams call home is running out of money as the NFL's team long-term future in the city remains murky.

And the stadium's future remains in limbo as lease negotiations between St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke and the stadium authority drag on. The Rams can break their 30-year lease after the upcoming season, which would be a decade early.

I'm going to tell you, they don't know how they're going to do it," he said. "But they want to know what it's going to take."

62 million hole in Jones Dome future News

Last edited:

Dont believe every article you read..The only part they got right on there is that the raiders and chargers arent.you are going to hear all kinds of disinformation from here on out till february 15th when the annoucement is made that they are moving back.Kroneke has had several meetings with the major and governor of LA.Its a done deal.He wants to move where Spanos and Davis have both said they want to stay in oakland and in san diego.

Where's '9-11 I. Job'? I thought he had the inside scoop on the Rams being in L.A. next year.
I addressed this post of his.its the one right before your post here.again as I just said,don't believe everything you hear.you are going to hear all kinds of disinformation from here on out till february 15th.

Don't be surprised a month later that you start seeing articles like that that say both the raiders and rams are both moving. the rams part will be correct,the raiders wont though.Its a done deal.even the people in saint louis are now coming out saying they dont think the rams will be there next year.

thats not the talk of oakland though. thats because they know something that these blowhard sports writers never mention when they talk about the raiders moving back with the rams as well,anytime theyse blowhard sportwriters mention that the rams and raiders will both be moving back,they always conveinetly leave out two key important details.which is 1. you have to have the approval of the majority of the owners to move and the majority dont want the raiders in LA because they are sore at the davis family because of al davis suing them to move there before.

2.the NFL suggested to davis to share levi stadium with the niners,he did not want to do that,so why would he move to LA and want to share with kroenke.both have said they dont want to share so it will only be the rams. i covered that in an earlier article i posted.

Forum List

Back