Expand military while reducing aspects that prevent war

It's always great to watch progressives squirm when a Republican wants to increase military strength. Just goes to show libs only want a neutered and weak military.
Werent they all in favor of reducing foreign aid before the election too...seem to remember multiple posts on it

You are right, but in fairness they were always for that while the Republicans were always for increased military spending. Nobody's position really changed much.
Defense spending as a percentage of the budget is really low.......we are on pace to collect close to 4 trillion dollars.....if you cant pay for the rest of govt with 3 trillion....well maybe theres the prob eh

The Navy needs more sailors. Usually when an Aircraft carrier is deployed the crew of another Carrier takes over, there are not enough sailors to fully man every ship.

Ok, well then put an enlisting freeze on the Air Force or Army and tell people they need to enlist in the Navy. You think the Navy doesn't have enough people because of the amount of money budgeted to the military? Please tell me you don't.
No, I'm saying that if every branch of the service needs more people then there HAS to be more money allocated for training, pay, uniforms, etc. That would certainly add money to the annual budget and that's just one aspect of the problem

We don't have a draft...I've never talked to anyone that said they decided to join the military because the uniforms were new and more expensive.

The military needs more money. The Navy needs more ships, the Army and Marines need more troops and the Air Force needs more pilots and spare parts..

We already spend more than the next 5+ countries combined on military, no we don't need to spend more.

Because we protect those next 5 countries...while they spend their money on their welfare programs....

We don't protect Russian and China. :rolleyes:

The Navy needs more sailors. Usually when an Aircraft carrier is deployed the crew of another Carrier takes over, there are not enough sailors to fully man every ship.

Ok, well then put an enlisting freeze on the Air Force or Army and tell people they need to enlist in the Navy. You think the Navy doesn't have enough people because of the amount of money budgeted to the military? Please tell me you don't.
No, I'm saying that if every branch of the service needs more people then there HAS to be more money allocated for training, pay, uniforms, etc. That would certainly add money to the annual budget and that's just one aspect of the problem

We don't have a draft...I've never talked to anyone that said they decided to join the military because the uniforms were new and more expensive.
New money is needed for recruitment. Probably an across the board pay raise as well. The Navy offers many, many career opportunities that apply to civilian jobs after your time is up.

We spend 10 times as much as Russia on the military budget, and Russia has a brand new nuclear missile that flies at supersonic speeds that is supposed to be impervious to missile defense systems, and they are a Super Power... and people here think we should spend more to create a better nuclear arsenal with updated delivery systems and to keep our Super Power status. :lmao:

New money is needed for recruitment. Probably an across the board pay raise as well. The Navy offers many, many career opportunities that apply to civilian jobs after your time is up.

No, no we don't. :lmao: You want to spend more on recruitment, then spend less on something else. It's that simple. Again, the most successful business don't get that way by just spending more money every time there is a problem.

The military needs more money. The Navy needs more ships, the Army and Marines need more troops and the Air Force needs more pilots and spare parts..

We already spend more than the next 5+ countries combined on military, no we don't need to spend more.

Because we protect those next 5 countries...while they spend their money on their welfare programs....

We Protect Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Canada........that costs a lot of money...that they aren't paying...

No, no we don't. :lmao: You want to spend more on recruitment, then spend less on something else. It's that simple. Again, the most successful business don't get that way by just spending more money every time there is a problem.

He actually knows how to run things...I'd trust his judgement and the generals he hired vs. a left wing, anti military, anti American poster.....

It's always great to watch progressives squirm when a Republican wants to increase military strength. Just goes to show libs only want a neutered and weak military.

Funny Conservatives can't make up their damn minds. First they call Libs warmongers, then they say that Libs want a weak and watered down military. :rolleyes:

I want an efficient military within a much smaller budget, and to avoid war as much as possible except in extreme situations where it is warranted like with North Korea.
That's the biggest problem. They want to start all this shit while trying to cut the military and give out warning notes.

We need to rebuild he navy......get our ship levels back up...
Yes, exactly. this, in my opinion, is priority number 1

We have 10 supercarriers. The most next to us? Nobody. We operate the only supercarriers in existence.

"What makes the U.S. Navy stand out the most is its 10 aircraft carriers—more than the rest of the world put together. Not only are there more of them, they’re also much bigger: a single Nimitz-class aircraft carrier can carry twice as many planes (72) as the next largest foreign carrier. Unlike the air wings of other countries, which typically concentrate on fighters, a typical U.S. carrier air wing is a balanced package capable of air superiority, strike, reconnaissance, anti-submarine warfare and humanitarian assistance/disaster relief missions."

The Five Most-Powerful Navies on the Planet

We Protect Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Canada........that costs a lot of money...that they aren't paying...

...and Trump said he would make NATO start ponying up for it. So is he going to follow through with that, or is he going to back track and just increase the budget? You swallowed another line of his shit, and sit and praise him like he knows what he is doing.

He actually knows how to run things...I'd trust his judgement and the generals he hired vs. a left wing, anti military, anti American poster.....

People keep turning down positions working for him in the military... because he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

I'm not left wing, anti-military, anti-American. I'm being realistic. The military needs to be better managed, not just given a blank check. It's pretty fucking simple.

Bernie Sanders‏Verified account @SenSanders 44m44 minutes ago
Bernie Sanders Retweeted The Associated Press

We spend more than the next 12 nations combined on defense. We should be investing more in our people, not the military industrial complex.

Bernie Sanders added,

The Associated PressVerified account @AP
BREAKING: White House: President Donald Trump's upcoming budget to ask for $54B increase in defense budget.
44 replies423 retweets756 likes

You act as though we gain no benefit.

We were in the Middle East to protect the flow of oil. We protect a country like Japan & we get military bases there.

Yopu think your orange buddy will retract that presence?

We already have a strong military.

Republicans have been running the house for 4 years so they must want a weak military. Republicans allowed sequester to take place cutting the military & vet benefits.

Trump will cut State & Foreign Aid. Two items that prevent war & the need for our military.

You & your orange buddy are both too stupid to get it.
If the Military's readiness is fucked it doesn't matter how powerful they are.

Republicans have been running the house for 4 years so they must want a weak military. Republicans allowed sequester to take place cutting the military & vet benefits.

Trump will cut State & Foreign Aid. Two items that prevent war & the need for our military.

Who fucked it?

Who fucked it?
Not sure, who was the Commander-in-Chief for the last 8 years ?

Forum List

Back