Expand military while reducing aspects that prevent war

We already spend more than the next 5+ countries combined on military, no we don't need to spend more.
Yes we do, we spend more than those other countries because we have more to protect worldwide, it comes with being a super power

No, no we don't. We just need the military to spend more efficiently. We have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of unused tanks sitting in a lot in Indiana that the Army didn't even want. That's the type of spending we have. We don't need to spend more, we just need to spend what we have or less on the right things.

That would certainly help but we need more money

You sure sound like a Lib to me. Have a problem? Throw money at it... instead of using reasoning and management skills to solve the issue.
I'm an Independent that leans conservative. I believe in a strong military.

You can have a strong military without spending all your money on it. Do all successful businesses get that way because they spend the most money?

Kids Should Boycott Military Service. No Reason To Die With An Idiot In The White House.
One thing is sure, You will waste your life defending the kind of country that the GOP wants to have. This country is now a country not worth serving. Besides you will be abandoned if you become disabled as a result of your service. You will get a voucher for your care.

No...the idiot, obama, is gone......Trump actually wants to use the military intelligently...unlike obama...

get used to it , if the President gets his way a lot more money will be spent on the military and thats a good thing Lew .

It's wasteful spending. It's like somebody who owns a mansion adding an extension to their house.

Yes we do, we spend more than those other countries because we have more to protect worldwide, it comes with being a super power

No, no we don't. We just need the military to spend more efficiently. We have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of unused tanks sitting in a lot in Indiana that the Army didn't even want. That's the type of spending we have. We don't need to spend more, we just need to spend what we have or less on the right things.

You sure sound like a Lib to me. Have a problem? Throw money at it... instead of using reasoning and management skills to solve the issue.

Our military is already immensely more powerful than ever country combined.
-------------------------------------------------------------- gonna update the military as its rebuilt , President and ' I ' want more and better nukes and delivery systems Aaron .

get used to it , if the President gets his way a lot more money will be spent on the military and thats a good thing Lew .

No, no it's not. Government officials spend money that's budgeted to them on things regardless of whether the military needs them or not, either because it is a favor to contractors that they are friends with, or so that they can show they will need more money the next budget year. What we need to do is start lowering the budget and making them be more frugal and start tightening down areas of NEED instead of WANT.

-------------------------------------------------------------- gonna update the military as its rebuilt , President and ' I ' want more and better nukes and delivery systems Aaron .

It never needed rebuilt. It has become increasingly more powerful as the years have gone by.

It's always great to watch progressives squirm when a Republican wants to increase military strength. Just goes to show libs only want a neutered and weak military.
Werent they all in favor of reducing foreign aid before the election too...seem to remember multiple posts on it

Fine, then take money out of an area that is budgeted for something else that is less important. That's how real life works. If the motor in your car blows up, you cancel your vacation to use the money to fix your car, you don't go on vacation and then take out a loan to fix your car.

No, no it's not. Government officials spend money that's budgeted to them on things regardless of whether the military needs them or not, either because it is a favor to contractors that they are friends with, or so that they can show they will need more money the next budget year. What we need to do is start lowering the budget and making them be more frugal and start tightening down areas of NEED instead of WANT.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- everything has changed , better get used to it Lew !!

It's always great to watch progressives squirm when a Republican wants to increase military strength. Just goes to show libs only want a neutered and weak military.
Werent they all in favor of reducing foreign aid before the election too...seem to remember multiple posts on it

You are right, but in fairness they were always for that while the Republicans were always for increased military spending. Nobody's position really changed much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- everything has changed , better get used to it Lew !!

No, no it hasn't. Government spending has always been high. If Trump wants to follow through with his promises, then less money would be budgeted to the military, because other countries that are part of NATO where the U.S. military does so much work, will start paying us back. Sounds to me like he is walking back on another campaign talking point that all his rubes fell for.

The Navy needs more sailors. Usually when an Aircraft carrier is deployed the crew of another Carrier takes over, there are not enough sailors to fully man every ship.

The Navy needs more sailors. Usually when an Aircraft carrier is deployed the crew of another Carrier takes over, there are not enough sailors to fully man every ship.

Ok, well then put an enlisting freeze on the Air Force or Army and tell people they need to enlist in the Navy. You think the Navy doesn't have enough people because of the amount of money budgeted to the military? Please tell me you don't.

these silly libs don't seem to understand that an 'Old Guy' American is in charge as President . Old guys think a heck of a lot differently than these bear loving , hip hopping millenials .

Ok, well then put an enlisting freeze on the Air Force or Army and tell people they need to enlist in the Navy. You think the Navy doesn't have enough people because of the amount of money budgeted to the military? Please tell me you don't.
No, I'm saying that if every branch of the service needs more people then there HAS to be more money allocated for training, pay, uniforms, etc. That would certainly add money to the annual budget and that's just one aspect of the problem

The military needs more money. The Navy needs more ships, the Army and Marines need more troops and the Air Force needs more pilots and spare parts..

We already spend more than the next 5+ countries combined on military, no we don't need to spend more.

Because we protect those next 5 countries...while they spend their money on their welfare programs....

We need to rebuild he navy......get our ship levels back up...

Forum List

Back