Exercising his Free Speech: Pastor Jones may burn Korans on 9-11

He and his congregation have every right to make themselves look like idiots... as long as they are in compliance with local fire ordinances and such.

then why doesn't our great leader just say so instead of trying to shut Jones down.....?

....Oh....i know why....he's just scared shitless of stepping on the toes of these anti-Americans....

muslim-outrage.jpg

Oh, Has Jones been arrested now?

Why waste time on that.....this is what the radical muslims already have in mind for him.....

freedom_of_speech_demotivator.jpeg

The good pastor is perfectly aware of the response his actions will yield. Our soldiers will be jeopardized, our ability to work with Iraqi and Afghan citizens will be jeopardized, increased AlQaida recruitment

He just doesn't care

He has the right to burn the Koran and is willing to let others face the consequences of his actions

Some Christian

Seems like he's just a Christian holding his views forth in the typical liberal format....and he cares...

You moan about the problems overseas....but our soldiers are quite capable of taking care of themseves...and besides, i thought most muslims were "moderate" by and large so why are you worried about a few more "radicals"....?

You need to know there are two kinds of jihad.....radical and stealth....

...our soldiers can fight the radical jihad.....but Pastor Jones is engaging the steath jihad....

Pastor Jones is a fucking idiot more concerned about getting his face on TV than the potential consequences of his actions

Is that the liberal line of spit for today....?

I don't pretend to know his mind but i do read he has a meeting with Abdul Rauf tomorrow....and i suppose whether or not he conducts a symbolic burning will depend on the outcome of that meeting...

No, it is NOT on the good pastor's head....that is your liberal mind of mush at work...

Any killing of Americans, domestic or abroad, because they don't like Pastor Jones burning of Korans, is strictly on the heads of those who would kill...
...and if they kill because a man simply exercises his free speech...then they are anti-American...

If an American were to kill Pastor Jones because he burned a Koran....that person would be arrested and tried for breaking the law...

The good pastor is perfectly aware of the response his actions will yield. Our soldiers will be jeopardized, our ability to work with Iraqi and Afghan citizens will be jeopardized, increased AlQaida recruitment

He just doesn't care

He has the right to burn the Koran and is willing to let others face the consequences of his actions

Some Christian

Seems like he's just a Christian holding his views forth in the typical liberal format....and he cares...

You moan about the problems overseas....but our soldiers are quite capable of taking care of themseves...and besides, i thought most muslims were "moderate" by and large so why are you worried about a few more "radicals"....?

...our soldiers can fight the radical jihad.....but Pastor Jones is engaging the steath jihad....

Hey Squeaking Chicken, do you actually KNOW what it's like to serve overseas? The way you are treated in other countries is dependent on how America is perceived in that country.

This one happened the DAY AFTER my ship had pulled out of Naples. Interestingly enough, I had been there shooting pool and hanging out just the day before.......

5 Die in Blast Outside U.S.O. in Naples
By ROBERTO SURO, Special to the New York Times
Published: April 15, 1988

* Sign In to E-Mail
* Print

ROME, April 14— At least five people were killed, including an American sailor, and 15 others, including several American sailors, were wounded tonight by an explosion in front of a club for American troops in Naples.

Hours after the explosion, the police were still trying to determine its exact nature, but they said witnesses and physical evidence indicated that a bomb had been placed in or under a car parked in the narrow downtown street outside the U.S.O. club.

''It was a very powerful bomb probably made of a large amount of explosives,'' said a police investigator in Naples. Several parked cars caught fire, filling the street with flame and smoke, the police said.

Navy spokesmen in Washington were intially quoted in news agency reports as saying at least one sailor was dead. The Navy withdrew the report later, saying no American sailor had been killed. But late tonight the Pentagon confirmed that a Navy enlisted woman had been killed in the blast. Her name was withheld until her family is notified.

Injuries were suffered by ''an unidentified number of sailors'' from two United States Navy frigates, the Capodanno and the Paul, which are in Naples as part of a routine deployment with the Sixth Fleet, according to Capt. George Vercessi, a Navy spokesman in the southern Italian port. The Capodanno is based at Newport, R.I., and the Paul at Mayport, Fla.

The police counted 4 Americans among the 15 wounded who were taken to local hospitals. Date of Raids on Libya

A senior officer at the Naples police headquarters said that there were no immediate claims of responsibility but that the nature of the explosion pointed toward ''anti-American terrorism of Middle East origins.'' He noted that today was the second anniversary of the United States bombing raids on the Libyan cities of Tripoli and Benghazi, but he added that no evidence was immediately available to indicate who might be responsible.

The bombing in April 1986 of a West Berlin discotheque frequented by American military personnel prompted the air raids on Libya after the Reagan Administration charged that Libya was responsible. Clubs for American soldiers in Greece have also been targets of bombings, and a grenade attack on a U.S.O. club in Barcelona, Spain, in December killed an American sailor.

5 Die in Blast Outside U.S.O. in Naples - NYTimes.com

Yes, our soldiers and sailors can take care of themselves when they're on patrol, but what about when they're off duty? You can't always tell when or where a bomb is going to go off, or where it is.

This idiot burning the books will do a lot to fuck up what we've done in Afghanistan. Why? Because we've spent a whole bunch of time trying to get the moderates to trust us so that we can find and eliminate the Taliban. But, if this idiot preacher goes and burns the books, then the moderates who USED to trust us will now ally themselves with the Taliban yet again.

That is the first thing we're gonna lose over there. Then, with the locals helping out the terrorists, it makes it easier for the Taliban to recruit more fighters and get intel from the locals.

Yes you ignorant stool sample, burning these books will have a severe impact on our soldiers serving overseas, and.......don't forget.......there are many Muslims serving in the American military.

Where did you get your education about how things affect the military, some Cracker Jack box?

He just doesn't care

Some Christian

Hey Squeaking Chicken, do you actually KNOW what it's like to serve overseas? The way you are treated in other countries is dependent on how America is perceived in that country.

This one happened the DAY AFTER my ship had pulled out of Naples. Interestingly enough, I had been there shooting pool and hanging out just the day before.......

5 Die in Blast Outside U.S.O. in Naples
By ROBERTO SURO, Special to the New York Times
Published: April 15, 1988

* Sign In to E-Mail
* Print

ROME, April 14— At least five people were killed, including an American sailor, and 15 others, including several American sailors, were wounded tonight by an explosion in front of a club for American troops in Naples.

Hours after the explosion, the police were still trying to determine its exact nature, but they said witnesses and physical evidence indicated that a bomb had been placed in or under a car parked in the narrow downtown street outside the U.S.O. club.

''It was a very powerful bomb probably made of a large amount of explosives,'' said a police investigator in Naples. Several parked cars caught fire, filling the street with flame and smoke, the police said.

Navy spokesmen in Washington were intially quoted in news agency reports as saying at least one sailor was dead. The Navy withdrew the report later, saying no American sailor had been killed. But late tonight the Pentagon confirmed that a Navy enlisted woman had been killed in the blast. Her name was withheld until her family is notified.

Injuries were suffered by ''an unidentified number of sailors'' from two United States Navy frigates, the Capodanno and the Paul, which are in Naples as part of a routine deployment with the Sixth Fleet, according to Capt. George Vercessi, a Navy spokesman in the southern Italian port. The Capodanno is based at Newport, R.I., and the Paul at Mayport, Fla.

The police counted 4 Americans among the 15 wounded who were taken to local hospitals. Date of Raids on Libya

A senior officer at the Naples police headquarters said that there were no immediate claims of responsibility but that the nature of the explosion pointed toward ''anti-American terrorism of Middle East origins.'' He noted that today was the second anniversary of the United States bombing raids on the Libyan cities of Tripoli and Benghazi, but he added that no evidence was immediately available to indicate who might be responsible.

The bombing in April 1986 of a West Berlin discotheque frequented by American military personnel prompted the air raids on Libya after the Reagan Administration charged that Libya was responsible. Clubs for American soldiers in Greece have also been targets of bombings, and a grenade attack on a U.S.O. club in Barcelona, Spain, in December killed an American sailor.

5 Die in Blast Outside U.S.O. in Naples - NYTimes.com

Yes, our soldiers and sailors can take care of themselves when they're on patrol, but what about when they're off duty? You can't always tell when or where a bomb is going to go off, or where it is.

This idiot burning the books will do a lot to fuck up what we've done in Afghanistan. Why? Because we've spent a whole bunch of time trying to get the moderates to trust us so that we can find and eliminate the Taliban. But, if this idiot preacher goes and burns the books, then the moderates who USED to trust us will now ally themselves with the Taliban yet again.

That is the first thing we're gonna lose over there. Then, with the locals helping out the terrorists, it makes it easier for the Taliban to recruit more fighters and get intel from the locals.

Yes you ignorant stool sample, burning these books will have a severe impact on our soldiers serving overseas, and.......don't forget.......there are many Muslims serving in the American military.

Where did you get your education about how things affect the military, some Cracker Jack box?

Get a grip soldier....you do know that this is a war....?

Are/were you a soldier fighting for freedom or not? Would you compromise our rights just so you have an easier time of it? wow.

Last edited:
I say let him burn them and it's awesome how he keeps broadcasting who and where he is. This is one of those things that will burn itself out.

He is free to exercise his freedom of speech and the government cannot take action against him. Obama acknowledged that and has not tried to use the law to stop him

But there is nothing in the first amendment that says there are no consequences for your exercise of free speech.

If their use of free speech results in Americans being killed at home or abroad, it is on the good pastors and his congregations head. If the community or country wants to blame them and not deal with them , then it is their right.

If he truly believes in god, then let him answer to god

No, it is NOT on the good pastor's head....that is your liberal mind of mush at work...

Any killing of Americans, domestic or abroad, because they don't like Pastor Jones burning of Korans, is strictly on the heads of those who would kill...
...and if they kill because a man simply exercises his free speech...then they are anti-American...

If an American were to kill Pastor Jones because he burned a Koran....that person would be arrested and tried for breaking the law...
Is your defense of someone wanting to burn an American flag or a Bible just as passionate? Or are you actually siding with the idiot Jones?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, the President included has stated that the idiot Jones is well within his rights to burn a Koran or two. But, as Avatar reminded us, it's a matter of wisdom. And wisdom is a commodity the Koran burners and their cheerleaders are desperately short of.

He is free to exercise his freedom of speech and the government cannot take action against him. Obama acknowledged that and has not tried to use the law to stop him

But there is nothing in the first amendment that says there are no consequences for your exercise of free speech.

If their use of free speech results in Americans being killed at home or abroad, it is on the good pastors and his congregations head. If the community or country wants to blame them and not deal with them , then it is their right.

Is your defense of someone wanting to burn an American flag or a Bible just as passionate? Or are you actually siding with the idiot Jones?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, the President included has stated that the idiot Jones is well within his rights to burn a Koran or two. But, as Avatar reminded us, it's a matter of wisdom. And wisdom is a commodity the Koran burners and their cheerleaders are desperately short of.

What i find totally fascinating about this guy is that singlehandedly he has the attention of the entire world of Islam....worldwide....

....even more than President Obama....

...maybe it takes a crazy to deal with crazies....perhaps it takes an insult to point out an insult....

He and his congregation have every right to make themselves look like idiots... as long as they are in compliance with local fire ordinances and such.

then why doesn't our great leader just say so instead of trying to shut Jones down.....?

....Oh....i know why....he's just scared shitless of stepping on the toes of these anti-Americans....

muslim-outrage.jpg

I'm not scared of these people.

As long as they are given Google Map directions to Rev Jones church, I'm pretty safe.

muslim-outrage.jpg

I'm not scared of these people.

As long as they are given Google Map directions to Rev Jones church, I'm pretty safe.

First they came after the pastor...

...then they came after...

If you got a phone call from the Department of Defense.....from a big wig General no less....wouldn't that consist of "doing something"....?? Or does that just an everyday happening to you....?

I don't see a call from a government official trying to persuade me as being a violation of my rights. The government official still has his own First Amendment rights. Unless there was some sort of threat or coercion, I don't see that it crosses the line.

Sure maybe it was just a "call of persuasion".....however, Generals typically have a habit of giving orders...one way or nother...how many calls does your pastor get from Generals from the Department of Defense.....?

Obama of course would be stupid to outrightly violate the Pastors rights....but it sure doesn't stop him from "leaning" on the guy....why doesn't he lean on immam Rauf too?
What general did Jones get a call from?

It wasn't a general Bodey........it was the SECDEF.

Apparently, the Squeaky Chicken thinks that he's got a good grip on what the military is all about.

It's glaringly apparent, even to the most CASUAL observer that he doesn't.

Ditto for the mosque people.

This guy has every right to oppose the ground zero mosque and burn Korans on 9/11......or have you freedom-loving liberals changed your minds about free speech....and forgotten about all those Bibles and U.S. flags that you've burned in the past...?

Don't be such a douchebag. Nobody said he didn't have the right, just that he's a flaming idiot.

What... specifically... makes him an idiot?

Americans dont burn books. At least we shouldnt. We should be more accepting of diverse cultures. We are the "melting pot" after all.

No one has disputed that they have the right to do so. We question the wisdom of doing so.

And I am encouraging people to encourage him to stop it because that's not what the Gospel of Jesus Christ stands for. Nor is it going to help anything. It's simply an inflamatory and very rude action. One that may cost our troops lives.

We have the power to speak freely. But with that power comes the responsibility to act maturely. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

Maybe we should take a cue from Peter Parker.

Everyone claiming no one has disputed his right OBVIOUSLY failed to read the other threads. More then one member of this board DIRECTLY stated he had no right and should be arrested.

No one has disputed that they have the right to do so. We question the wisdom of doing so.

And I am encouraging people to encourage him to stop it because that's not what the Gospel of Jesus Christ stands for. Nor is it going to help anything. It's simply an inflamatory and very rude action. One that may cost our troops lives.

We have the power to speak freely. But with that power comes the responsibility to act maturely. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

Everyone claiming no one has disputed his right OBVIOUSLY failed to read the other threads. More then one member of this board DIRECTLY stated he had no right and should be arrested.

Could you post one for us?

Who was that?

Forum List

Back