Exercise/diet motivation...

Im doing really good on healthy eating, this week has been stressful and I so badly wanted to get a run in because I know it would make me feel better. But I didn't do it.

I spent 5 hours on a school project last night and I just felt stessed wish I would have exercised first.

Im doing really good on healthy eating, this week has been stressful and I so badly wanted to get a run in because I know it would make me feel better. But I didn't do it.

I spent 5 hours on a school project last night and I just felt stessed wish I would have exercised first.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Eating right is just as valuable if not more valuable than exercise. Give yourself a +1 for diet discipline!!

Of course you could take a run right now!! Go!!! what are you doing here on a computer? GO!!!!

:thup:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Eating right is just as valuable if not more valuable than exercise. Give yourself a +1 for diet discipline!!

Of course you could take a run right now!! Go!!! what are you doing here on a computer? GO!!!!

True the energy boost would keep me up late though.

I have to do that in the morning.

True the energy boost would keep me up late though.

I have to do that in the morning.

:thup: I'll check with you tomorrow.

I have to make sure I workout as soon as I get home from work, if I sit down of think I'll just put my feet up for 5 minutes, I never get up again.

I have to make sure I workout as soon as I get home from work, if I sit down of think I'll just put my feet up for 5 minutes, I never get up again.

Yup! If I don't exercise in the morning the odds are very great that it will never get done that day.

Yup! If I don't exercise in the morning the odds are very great that it will never get done that day.

Here's my take.

If you are performing an activity that challenges and excites you, something that you want to do - it doesn't matter what time of day you exercise! If you love it - you'll find a way to fit it in your schedule.

If you dread whatever exercise regimen you're following (first thing that comes to mind is running on an indoor treadmill :eek:) - it's only a matter of time before you'll start making excuses. For these people - either get the "pain" over with as early as possible and exercise in the morning-before the excuses can start - or change what you're doing!!

I go back and forth with my motivation. What I use to keep me on track is the Endomondo app. I have the free version on my iphone. It calculates how far and how long I've walked, run, rode, swam, hiked, strength trained, etc....gives me the caloric expenditure and a number of other measurements. For some reason this really motivates me.

Here's my take.

If you are performing an activity that challenges and excites you, something that you want to do - it doesn't matter what time of day you exercise! If you love it - you'll find a way to fit it in your schedule.

If you dread whatever exercise regimen you're following (first thing that comes to mind is running on an indoor treadmill :eek:) - it's only a matter of time before you'll start making excuses. For these people - either get the "pain" over with as early as possible and exercise in the morning-before the excuses can start - or change what you're doing!!

I go back and forth with my motivation. What I use to keep me on track is the Endomondo app. I have the free version on my iphone. It calculates how far and how long I've walked, run, rode, swam, hiked, strength trained, etc....gives me the caloric expenditure and a number of other measurements. For some reason this really motivates me.

For me, if I don't get it done early, time and lack of energy usually get in the way. I also like to try different things ... walking/running, yoga, intervals, hiit. Mixing it up keeps in interesting!

Yep. First Lady Michelle Obama is completely right. Just get up and MOVE.

The best part is that the more you move the more you want to move more.

I've walked thousands of miles because of my dogs. I don't think of that as exercising, I just think of that as walking the dogs. It's part of my life.

Thank you dogs, for making me walk thousands of miles I wouldn't have if I didn't have you.

mua7b.jpg

Exercise is great for you but using it to try to lose weight is useless and will only frustrate you. The amount of insanely vigorous activity needed to do much good is flat out stupid.

Eat whole natural foods (meat, fish, poultry, veggies, eggs, nuts, legumes) and toss all the carb crap. Eat 3 to 5 times per day and your blood sugar will normalize and your body will burn fat naturally. You won't be hungry and all the sugar cravings will go away. This is a lifestyle, not a temporary solution.

Exercise is great for you but using it to try to lose weight is useless and will only frustrate you. The amount of insanely vigorous activity needed to do much good is flat out stupid.

Eat whole natural foods (meat, fish, poultry, veggies, eggs, nuts, legumes) and toss all the carb crap. Eat 3 to 5 times per day and your blood sugar will normalize and your body will burn fat naturally. You won't be hungry and all the sugar cravings will go away. This is a lifestyle, not a temporary solution.

Generally speaking ... weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym. However, exercise can certainly be a help in losing weight and the benefits of exercise are tremendous. Everyone should try to do some kind of exercise/movement every day.

Veggies, fruits, legumes .... all carbs. Nothing wrong with pasta or rice either, just don't over do it. You mean toss the processedcarbcrap.

Several of the peeps posting in here all suffered losses last year and are having a hard time getting back on track. Most of us know what we need to do ... it's just that some days are better than others.

So I found this other app called 'Human'. It tracks movement (it can be anything, of any intensity). Walking, running, kickboxing, going up and down the stairs. It doesn't seem to track things like yoga or say if you're cooking but rather more 'movement-y' things. It's very simple, move 30 mins a day and you met the goal. A small circle across the bottom turns orange. 60 mins, that circle turns a pretty blue. 90 min, yellow. You can see a weeks worth of circles at a time. Each day you reach your 30 mins you move up a level ... which changes the background pic. They are beautiful pics ... some days it's the same pic all day, other days it tracks the sun and changes ... same pic, morning through evening. It's a nice looking, clean app. It doesn't track calories or miles or steps ... just movement. I quite enjoy it.

I bought one of these last week.

31B3RRB1CZL._SY300_.jpg
41ZwOZXCJqL.jpg

It's called an XVEST. It's an 84 lb weighted vest. You can adjust the weight from 1lb all the way to 84lbs. It is made of super heavy duty ballistic nylon with the extra strong Velcro to adjust and fasten around the waist and shoulders. It positions the weight perfectly - seriously - you can run in these things - though they do recommend no more than 10% of body weight be added if running. It is real;y snug and tight around your chest and back - fully supporting your spine.

I loaded 20 lbs into the thing the day I bought it (on Craigslist for a huge discount!!) and went for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood. 48 mins later - I felt like I ran a 10k! I was amazed at how tough it was!.

I have been walking with it for the same 3 mile track (which has a very nice hill!) everyday this week. I now feel very comfortable with the 20 lbs and am going to add another 10 lbs - bringing it up to aprrox. 15% of bodyweight. My goal is to eventually be able to walk 3-5 miles with the full 84lbs on!!

Stay motivated bitches!!! Stop making excuses and MOVE!!!

PS- one added benefit of this thing - my wife says I look like a Fire Fighter when I am wearing it......that damn redhead knows exactly how to play me! :lol:

I am now using 44lbs with the vest. I am doing Hindu Squats and Hindu push ups while wearing it.

31B3RRB1CZL._SY300_.jpg
41ZwOZXCJqL.jpg

It's called an XVEST. It's an 84 lb weighted vest. You can adjust the weight from 1lb all the way to 84lbs. It is made of super heavy duty ballistic nylon with the extra strong Velcro to adjust and fasten around the waist and shoulders. It positions the weight perfectly - seriously - you can run in these things - though they do recommend no more than 10% of body weight be added if running. It is real;y snug and tight around your chest and back - fully supporting your spine.

I loaded 20 lbs into the thing the day I bought it (on Craigslist for a huge discount!!) and went for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood. 48 mins later - I felt like I ran a 10k! I was amazed at how tough it was!.

I have been walking with it for the same 3 mile track (which has a very nice hill!) everyday this week. I now feel very comfortable with the 20 lbs and am going to add another 10 lbs - bringing it up to aprrox. 15% of bodyweight. My goal is to eventually be able to walk 3-5 miles with the full 84lbs on!!

PS- one added benefit of this thing - my wife says I look like a Fire Fighter when I am wearing it......that damn redhead knows exactly how to play me! :lol:

I am now using 44lbs with the vest. I am doing Hindu Squats and Hindu push ups while wearing it.

Oh, I just watched a vid with a guy doing a kickboxing workout with one of these on. I would imagine you burn and build more wearing this?

What are Hindu squats/push ups?

31B3RRB1CZL._SY300_.jpg
41ZwOZXCJqL.jpg

Oh, I just watched a vid with a guy doing a kickboxing workout with one of these on. I would imagine you burn and build more wearing this?

What are Hindu squats/push ups?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back