EVS Are Not So Great

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California

Simply put, EVS are too much aggravating bullshit. They limit your range and take up hours of your time. To charge at home, you need a special electrical system installed. This is very expensive and time consuming. Most of the charging stations on the road will take up hours of your time. What happened is that some woke idiots got sucked in by hoopla and jumped in to chaos.

If you don't like them, don't buy one. Your problem is solved. Some people seem to have to just search for things to get upset over.
Considering that most companies are talking about going fully electric and dropping their ICE lines by 2035 there is plenty of reasons to be upset.

Considering that most companies are talking about going fully electric and dropping their ICE lines by 2035 there is plenty of reasons to be upset.

If that would be the case, many of the issues people note today will be solved. If not, and it's highly likely they will not, there will still be plenty of ICE vehicles. But everyone understands this but still feel this need to stomp their feet.

1651142705076.png

it actually only burns about 30% of that fuel...but still

Last edited:

Yes there are environmental issues involved with ANY mass-produced material.

The key difference for the EV is that it doesn't pollute every second it is turned on. It may require some metals that ICE cars don't but both require metals and electronics and plastics etc.

The ICE vehicle will ALWAYS be damaging the environment and climate every second it is being used as it is supposed to be used. The EV won't.

The key difference for the EV is that it doesn't pollute every second it is turned on. It may require some metals that ICE cars don't but both require metals and electronics and plastics etc.

The ICE vehicle will ALWAYS be damaging the environment and climate every second it is being used as it is supposed to be used. The EV won't.
WRONG. Used up EV batteries are not recycled, so their metals are gone forever and they pollute our
storage yards with junk.

Watermelon Wackos: Green on the Outside, Red on the Inside

"Pollution" is like spitting in the ocean. Except in unheard-of concentrations, it is harmless. It is a dishonest and biased scare-story term; true scientists would use an objective term for it, such as "byproducts."

The only creatures it is harmful to are insects, bacteria, and killer viruses. The real problem the Gaiaists have with it is that it makes their false god, Nature, feel violated. The primitive and mindless worship of Nature is the very essence of anti-scientific thought.

Simply put, EVS are too much aggravating bullshit. They limit your range and take up hours of your time. To charge at home, you need a special electrical system installed. This is very expensive and time consuming. Most of the charging stations on the road will take up hours of your time. What happened is that some woke idiots got sucked in by hoopla and jumped in to chaos.

I sent the link to the video to a buddy of my that keeps talking about buying a Tesla. Sure, he's got the money to cough up $100grand for a Tesla & all the trimmings, but all that agravation is going to wear thin in no time at all.

Watermelon Wackos: Green on the Outside, Red on the Inside

Yes, those of us who buy EV's are commies. What a joke.

"Pollution" is like spitting in the ocean.

Wrong.

Except in unheard-of concentrations, it is harmless.

I can think of a couple of pollutants that can kill you with less quantity than you could see with your eyes.

The only creatures it is harmful to are insects, bacteria, and killer viruses.

Apart from spreading grossly dangerous misinformation what is your point in detail?

The real problem the Gaiaists have with it is that it makes their false god, Nature, feel violated. The primitive and mindless worship of Nature is the very essence of anti-scientific thought.

Wow. You typed a lot of words there and somehow wound up with a fractally incorrect nearly content free post! You deserve some sort of medal.

I sent the link to the video to a buddy of my that keeps talking about buying a Tesla. Sure, he's got the money to cough up $100grand for a Tesla & all the trimmings, but all that agravation is going to wear thin in no time at all.

LOL "$100grand". I take it you don't know what you are talking about. The Tesla Model 3 was retailing for about $37K 3 years ago. We bought a Chevy Bolt for $36K. Which is still less than the average American gasoline car.

Huh.

Another anti-EVer who doesn't know what they're talking about. Color me impressed!

I love my EV hybrid. Eat sh*t and die peasant Viktor :stir:.

I'm surprised to hear that. But, hey, congrats! I love my full EV. It's a great thing not having to deal with wildly spiking gas prices.
I can understand if Viktor bought one and had problems, but he didn't say that. He's just spewing garbage.

LOL "$100grand". I take it you don't know what you are talking about. The Tesla Model 3 was retailing for about $37K 3 years ago. We bought a Chevy Bolt for $36K. Which is still less than the average American gasoline car.

Huh.

Another anti-EVer who doesn't know what they're talking about. Color me impressed!
Pardon me for imposing any adjustment to your favored beliefs, but the $100grand is the rounded off total that starts w/ the $70+ my friend told me for the Tesla (he wouldn't stoop to lower himself w/ the lying Volksvagen EV nor did he mention the Volt) --and then there's the tax & liscence, add to that all the adapters plus the yada yada and (my guess) $100 grand is about right.

However, I'm not in the market for an EV. I live in a rain forest & my wife does the driving --in a $7K car.

Pardon me for imposing any adjustment to your favored beliefs, but the $100grand is the rounded off total that starts w/ the $70+ my friend told me for the Tesla (he wouldn't stoop to lower himself w/ the lying Volksvagen EV nor did he mention the Volt) --and then there's the tax & liscence, add to that all the adapters plus the yada yada and (my guess) $100 grand is about right.

The Model 3 was about $37K. Your friend was clearly looking at something like a Model S. You don't have to buy the top of the line.

Forum List

Back