Evolution Is Not A Theory..........................

Belief systems work like this:
I believe in God and Jesus.
NO ONE can disprove my belief in God and Jesus. NO ONE
NO ONE can prove my belief in God and Jesus. NO ONE.
Science can be proven. Evolution is science.
End of story.
My religious beliefs are so strong that science does not conflict with them.
Evolution is PROVEN? Where? When?

Dang, I musta slept through THAT class...
:eek:

The implication here being that if you simply wait long enough, evolution will simply be overturned. Or the fact that new discoveries change some aspect of the time line means that the theory is in doubt.

Of course your position doesn't change, it's based on belief not evidence. If it changed at all it would no longer be your belief by definition.
Actually, what's gonna convince people, is fulfillment of prophecy. Global collapse, enactment of a world identification system (it's already encoded into law, "Real ID"), and a world leader that seems to bring peace.

...for awhile...

You'll remember this post in a few years...

Yes, let your religion continue to capitalize on grief, as it is the religion of love.

Your contradictory deity amuses me.

End of story.

Roughly the same level of evidence as gravity.

But you probably don't believe in that either.

Gravity is science.
If one jumps off of a 16 foot roof onto the concrete head first no religion is going to save his ass.
That doesn't change.
How many different religions are there? 147?
Religions are BELIEF SYSTEMS.
Evolution is a belief system. It's indissolubly tied to Humanism, which fully admits "Religious Humanism".

It takes less faith to believe in an extradimensional designer than in random chemical accidents...

The tornado blasting through the junkyard and a Boeing 747 flies away, ya' know...

And the creator was created by....?
Define time for a photon. It exists from moment to moment, but by traveling at the speed of light its time is zero. The question has no meaning, does it?

A Creator existing outside of time has no beginning, because He exists simultaneously at ALL times.

...even before time itself began, ignoring the lunacy of the idea of "before"....

Gravity is science.
If one jumps off of a 16 foot roof onto the concrete head first no religion is going to save his ass.
That doesn't change.
Evolution is a belief system. It's indissolubly tied to Humanism, which fully admits "Religious Humanism".

It takes less faith to believe in an extradimensional designer than in random chemical accidents...

The tornado blasting through the junkyard and a Boeing 747 flies away, ya' know...

Still misusing the word random, I suggest you look it up.

Yes, let your religion continue to capitalize on grief, as it is the religion of love.

Ya' totally lost me. The prophecy is a one-world-government, with a mark on one's hand or forehead; without which one cannot buy or sell.

REAL ID fills the bill.
Evolution has the same testability as gravity? Really?

How are red blood cells found in a T-Rex partially fossilized specimen, when red blood cells do not survive more than a thousand years?

Define time for a photon. It exists from moment to moment, but by traveling at the speed of light its time is zero. The question has no meaning, does it?

A Creator existing outside of time has no beginning, because He exists simultaneously at ALL times.

...even before time itself began, ignoring the lunacy of the idea of "before"....

If its time was zero it would arrive everywhere simultaneously, I suggest you figure out how c is defined before using it in an argument.

Ya' totally lost me. The prophecy is a one-world-government, with a mark on one's hand or forehead; without which one cannot buy or sell.

REAL ID fills the bill.

How are red blood cells found in a T-Rex partially fossilized specimen, when red blood cells do not survive more than a thousand years?

So your claim is red blood cells do not exist?

I'm sorry, I'm tired, I've had a bunch of food, it's 1 AM in the morning and your argument is too incredulous to respond to right now, good night.

Maybe if you stopped trying to put God in between science and knowledge in your mind it wouldn't have to be a thing.

For all he has done for me that would be like rejecting him. No thank you.

You have no idea what science has done for you. For EVERYONE.
Oooohhhh, I'd LOVE to discuss what evolution has done. It was the foundation for Nazism and Hitler's regime. Fifteen million dead. It was the basis of Stalinism --- more than a hundred million dead. It is the basis for every Communist despotic tyranny in history. It is Eugenics, and untold millions executed because "unborn people are not really people".

AMERICA, otoh, was founded on the principle that "certain inalienable rights are granted by NATURE and NATURE'S GOD, among these LIFE LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS".

You'd really like a whole new Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and even a different SONG, wouldn't you?

"Oh thus be it ever, When free men shall stand,
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blessed with victory and peace, the HEAV'N rescued land,
PRAISE the POWER that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just.
AND THIS be our motto, IN GOD IS OUR TRUST.
And the Star-Spangled Banner, in triumph shall wave,
O'r the land of the free, and the home of the brave!!!"

That's from memory. Still gives me chills....

Last edited:

REAL ID fills the bill.

So your claim is red blood cells do not exist?

I'm sorry, I'm tired, I've had a bunch of food, it's 1 AM in the morning and your argument is too incredulous to respond to right now, good night.
Red blood cells do not SURVIVE sixty-five-million-years!

That beasty was running around far more recently!

Knights --- slaying dragons --- guess what they were REALLY killing.....

I saw a video on this that was very convincing; putting names to the "dragons". Warm-blooded dinosaurs breathing hot breath down the necks of aspiring heroes, doesn't take much imagination to invent "fire-breathing-dragons".

Last edited:

If its time was zero it would arrive everywhere simultaneously, I suggest you figure out how c is defined before using it in an argument.
It's time is zero relative to us. If one could actually ACHIEVE the speed of light, in theory all eternity would pass by.

The exception is that the speed of light is an unattainable asymptote . Energy and mass approaching infinity, etcetera.

It's time is zero relative to us. If one could actually ACHIEVE the speed of light, in theory all eternity would pass by.

The exception is that the speed of light is an unattainable asymptote . Energy and mass approaching infinity, etcetera.

You have no evidence to support that conclusion first off. Second no, because the speed of light is an inconsistent property in practice.

The boat's been discovered, last time I heard.
Not a problem; it's just a question of "resuscitation".
Heck yes. We know how to build thermoses to block "convection, conduction, and radiation" --- the three means of heat transfer.
I have no problem with this either; we're about to engage "force field technology".
Does your TV turn on by remote command?
What does a Human look like when the water is removed?
I went to Mexico in 1991 to see an eclipse.
It's just a question of moving molecules around; no big deal for someone who built the place in the first place.
Heck, we can do that now; "artificial insemination".
More "moving molecules around". NBD.
Simple physics; if a force is applied equal to and opposite of one's weight, he can walk on anything.
No worse than "multiplying food" --- molecule manipulation.
Again, moving molecules; fixing whatever system failed, and a pair of "jumper cables".
More molecules.

Here's the $64,000 question --- why do you need to have things fit into what your are accustomed to understanding from your five senses?

Can your senses be lied to? Yup.

Take the last one --- can you successfully and credibly deny the guy was raised from the dead? Thousands of people saw Him. The records were not written long after the event, they were written while observers were still around; the records are credible, the testimony is credible --- and you "reserve the right to REJECT the story because it doesn't make sense to you".

With respect, where did you get the pedestal from which you assert the authority to believe things or not?

You know the problem is you are giving other people's opinions your own egocentric views. Things do not have to fit in my world according to my senses, but fit they have to into the puzzle. If I had something paranormal happen that does not fit with my world views, I would not dismiss it offhand. I also would never accept it offhand either. I think that is the difference between us.
The essence of a true scientist is being open minded to the possibilities.

...especially when a hyperdimensional Engineer fits the evidence better than "blind random accident" (selected by nature...)

Sigh...

Well, this post makes me see why I am a scientists and you are not.

End of story.

There is a change in allelic frequency in a population over time. That is the fact of evolution that we all know to be true, that was the observation that led to the theory.

Gravity is science.
That doesn't change.

Random chemical accidents? You mean the same chemical theories we know to be accurate? Why would it take any faith to believe in chemical reactions when you can test them for yourself?

For all he has done for me that would be like rejecting him. No thank you.

You have no idea what science has done for you. For EVERYONE.
Oooohhhh, I'd LOVE to discuss what evolution has done. It was the foundation for Nazism and Hitler's regime. Fifteen million dead. It was the basis of Stalinism --- more than a hundred million dead. It is the basis for every Communist despotic tyranny in history. It is Eugenics, and untold millions executed because "unborn people are not really people".

AMERICA, otoh, was founded on the principle that "certain inalienable rights are granted by NATURE and NATURE'S GOD, among these LIFE LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS".

You'd really like a whole new Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and even a different SONG, wouldn't you?

"Oh thus be it ever, When free men shall stand,
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blessed with victory and peace, the HEAV'N rescued land,
PRAISE the POWER that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just.
AND THIS be our motto, IN GOD IS OUR TRUST.
And the Star-Spangled Banner, in triumph shall wave,
O'r the land of the free, and the home of the brave!!!"

That's from memory. Still gives me chills....

You are just a liar and I refuse to read another uninformed made up post from you. I am a biologist and my family is Jewish. You have offended me deeply with your ignorance. I am reporting your post and putting you on ignore. I hope you think your god is happy with your disgusting behavior.

You know the problem is you are giving other people's opinions your own egocentric views. Things do not have to fit in my world according to my senses, but fit they have to into the puzzle. If I had something paranormal happen that does not fit with my world views, I would not dismiss it offhand. I also would never accept it offhand either. I think that is the difference between us.

...especially when a hyperdimensional Engineer fits the evidence better than "blind random accident" (selected by nature...)

Sigh...

Hello to a fellow scientist! What field are you in?

Astrophysicist myself. :)

Ahh biology, never did like that subject, fascinated by evolutionary biology though. (Though self educated on the topic.)

My family is Jewish too, incidentally...

Last edited:

Sigh...

Hello to a fellow scientist! What field are you in?

Astrophysicist myself. :)

Ahh biology, never did like that subject, fascinated by evolutionary biology though. (Though self educated on the topic.)

My family is Jewish too, incidentally...

Ah, interesting. I love biology and always have, I originally went into forensic microbiology and then I got a molecular biology degree too. In case you think the former exciting, it is following the sources of pathogenic microbial diseases, though I have done some freelance work for police departments and the FBI. I also opened a lab with several of my colleagues that is a private forensics lab. Our clients are usually insurance companies.

Forum List

Back