Evil corporation tells strikers to go fuck themselves

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
If I wanted to make this up I would not have thought of this. The best part, she said this at a paid blogger conference.

Arianna Huffington scoffed at a group of unpaid Huffington Post contributors that announced on Wednesday they would stop contributing content to the site, weeks after its $315 million sale to AOL was announced. Huffington, speaking alongside AOL chief Tim Armstrong at PaidContent’s 2011 Conference in New York on Thursday, dismissed the notion that all bloggers should be paid, given the wide platform HuffPo gives them.
She argued that blogging on the Huffington Post is equivalent to going on Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart or the “Today” show to promote their ideas.
And, she said, there are plenty of people willing to take their place if they do.

I am still waiting to see the liberal outrage.

Arianna Huffington: 'Go Ahead, Go On Strike -- No One Will Notice' | The Wrap Media

why do you seek liberal outrage? and why should anyone care about this? if you are willing to 'donate' your work..which is what these bloggers did.....why do you care?

again when this board is sold...do you expect a part of the profits?

why do you seek liberal outrage? and why should anyone care about this? if you are willing to 'donate' your work..which is what these bloggers did.....why do you care?

There is a difference between me posting on this board, and me taking the time to research and write an article or new story. One is fun, the other is labor, and should be compensated. Especially if the new format of the HuffPo is to be the flagship of the new AOL online news portal that is going to compete with the New York Times and other online newspapers. If you want quality work, you should pay for it.

Man it's like I have a big sidewalk to shovel and you notice it and come over and ask me if I will let you shovel it and I say well sure if you want to. Heck I know a lot more people who would like their walks shovel also if your in the move for it. and after you do this service that you so willing wanted to do for nothing you now want me to be feeling bad and pay you, or you won't be doing it anymore.

OK so be it.

Now how does a union that has a contract to do work you want done, have anything to do with a group of Blogger who never were asked to go out and do a job, who now demand payment for the job?

You sound like a sheep farmer who ask is told that hey if you need a place to park your sheep you can use my field, only to have the sheep farmer to come back and say hey you need to pay me for my sheep providing you with a way to cut your grass.

You right falling off the cliff people are funny at least. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

All you need to do is copywrite your work and ask to be paid for it, and if I want the artical then I will have to pay you. Otherwise find someone who will.

There is a difference between me posting on this board, and me taking the time to research and write an article or new story. One is fun, the other is labor, and should be compensated. Especially if the new format of the HuffPo is to be the flagship of the new AOL online news portal that is going to compete with the New York Times and other online newspapers. If you want quality work, you should pay for it.

What was the contract? As a photographer I've done LOTS of work on speculation. 'Bones is right - now that there's money in the trough, let the market decide if it's reading the thing because of these guys or because of the broad who took the business risk and put it together in her own name.

The Market should also decide if there are enough starving writers out there that people are eager to read who're willing to do the job for free. If there are, kudos to the broad who took a risk.

THAT'S Liberal thinking.

What was the contract? As a photographer I've done LOTS of work on speculation. 'Bones is right - now that there's money in the trough, let the market decide if it's reading the thing because of these guys or because of the broad who took the business risk and put it together in her own name.

The Market should also decide if there are enough starving writers out there that people are eager to read who're willing to do the job for free. If there are, kudos to the broad who took a risk.

THAT'S Liberal thinking.

How ridiculous can you get.

They are not asking to be paid for the past work, they are asking to be paid for future work. How is asking to be paid for work that you will be doing in the future wrong? They helped build the site, it is making gobs of money, they deserve some of it if she wants to keep using their work.

By the way, these people are not amateurs who cannot write, they already have their own site, they just liked the idea of the extra exposure they could get at HuffPo. Now that HuffPo has grown, should they keep working for free?

And you think I am spouting liberal ideas.

Visual Art Source

Do a little research, this is the second thread I posted on this issue already. I just thought Adrianna's response deserved a thread of its own.

THAT'S Liberal thinking.

They are not asking to be paid for the past work, they are asking to be paid for future work. How is asking to be paid for work that you will be doing in the future wrong? They helped build the site, it is making gobs of money, they deserve some of it if she wants to keep using their work.

By the way, these people are not amateurs who cannot write, they already have their own site, they just liked the idea of the extra exposure they could get at HuffPo. Now that HuffPo has grown, should they keep working for free?

Visual Art Source

Do a little research, this is the second thread I posted on this issue already. I just thought Adrianna's response deserved a thread of its own.

That, is exactly what I just said! So I guess I think you're ridiculous too.

:beer: To being ridiculous!!

If the readers quit reading when the writers go on strike, management will have 3 choices:

Let the concept go under so nobody wins.

Find other writers who are willing to work for free so management wins.

Hire the writers they have so that both management and labor win.​

All I'm saying is let the market decide - She is literally risking the business on finding more free clap-trap that people are willing to pay for ad space to support - if she's wrong, I'll bet a dollar that she hires the writers she knows AND they get a better deal because she started negotiations off as a ruthless business ****.

THAT'S Liberal thinking.

Visual Art Source

If the readers quit reading when the writers go on strike, management will have 3 choices:

All I'm saying is let the market decide - She is literally risking the business on finding more free clap-trap that people are willing to pay for ad space to support - if she's wrong, I'll bet a dollar that she hires the writers she knows AND they get a better deal because she started negotiations off as a ruthless business ****.

I agree the market should decide. I already decided to boycott HuffPo before this happened. This just gives me a way to rub the faces of liberals in their hypocrisy. Plus, as a writer myself, and a union member, I think writers should get paid.

The thing I find amazing is that if someone else was doing this the liberals would be up in arms. Can you imagine what they would be saying if Fox did not pay most of its staff?

If I wanted to make this up I would not have thought of this. The best part, she said this at a paid blogger conference.

Arianna Huffington scoffed at a group of unpaid Huffington Post contributors that announced on Wednesday they would stop contributing content to the site, weeks after its $315 million sale to AOL was announced. Huffington, speaking alongside AOL chief Tim Armstrong at PaidContent’s 2011 Conference in New York on Thursday, dismissed the notion that all bloggers should be paid, given the wide platform HuffPo gives them.
She argued that blogging on the Huffington Post is equivalent to going on Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart or the “Today” show to promote their ideas.
And, she said, there are plenty of people willing to take their place if they do.

I am still waiting to see the liberal outrage.

Arianna Huffington: 'Go Ahead, Go On Strike -- No One Will Notice' | The Wrap Media

Too friggin' cool. :lol:

Visual Art Source

I agree the market should decide. I already decided to boycott HuffPo before this happened. This just gives me a way to rub the faces of liberals in their hypocrisy. Plus, as a writer myself, and a union member, I think writers should get paid.

The thing I find amazing is that if someone else was doing this the liberals would be up in arms. Can you imagine what they would be saying if Fox did not pay most of its staff?

I hate to seem like a dick on this point but what you really mean there is "Social Democrat". Liberals are all for the market deciding.

These guys were getting millions of page hits and views from HuffPo.

I feel like people might need to learn a bit about internet business. The relationship between HuffPo and Visual Art Source (an otherwise tiny website that gets a few thousand hits) was already much more beneficial to VAS than HuffPo - there are literally thousands of unpaid contributors and syndicated columns already contributing, and as Arianna said, there are thousands more waiting to take their spots.

This is a perfect example of market forces.

Forum List

Back