Good Christian Bitches

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
An ABC pilot called “Good Christian Bitches” has religious and women’s groups up in arms over what they describe as an extremely offensive and distasteful show title.

Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column that the show, which features the tagline “For Heaven’s sake, don’t let God get in the way of a good story!” could put Christians in an unfairly bad light.

“I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined,” she said. “A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country].”

And Yana Walton from the Women’s Media Center said Christians aren't the only ones who should be upset.

“It is not an appropriate term to use to describe any woman, regardless of their faith,” Walton said. “Entertainment media, especially music and films, have been normalizing misogynistic language for years.”

Read more: Critics Slam ABC Pilot 'Good Christian Bitches' for 'Inappropriate,' 'Damaging' Title - FoxNews.com

Do you think they should change the title? Do you think they will?

An ABC pilot called “Good Christian Bitches” has religious and women’s groups up in arms over what they describe as an extremely offensive and distasteful show title.

Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column that the show, which features the tagline “For Heaven’s sake, don’t let God get in the way of a good story!” could put Christians in an unfairly bad light.

“I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined,” she said. “A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country].”

And Yana Walton from the Women’s Media Center said Christians aren't the only ones who should be upset.

“It is not an appropriate term to use to describe any woman, regardless of their faith,” Walton said. “Entertainment media, especially music and films, have been normalizing misogynistic language for years.”

Read more: Critics Slam ABC Pilot 'Good Christian Bitches' for 'Inappropriate,' 'Damaging' Title - FoxNews.com

Do you think they should change the title? Do you think they will?

I say leave the title, because only two things can happen. 1) the show becomes a hit, and then they can make huge amounts of money that surely will be donated to the christian communities favorite charities. 2) people get offended and the show is yanked. Either way is a win, win. Those with thin skin and that can't laugh at themselves should learn how just for mental health benefits.

Being able to laugh at one's self is a good thing. There are people who should accept that SOME people who purport to be Christian are not. But, still, I think it's inappropriate material for a TV show. Religion, particularly Christianity and Judaism, get enough persecution as it is and this show would probably add fuel to the fire.

What if it was called:

"Good Jewish Bitches"

"Good Muslim Bitches"

"Good Mormon Bitches"

I like "Good Bitches, Bitches" myself......................

They should just call it "Bitches", then they will never run out of material.

Forum List

Back