Evidence linking Obama to ACORN!

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Now that I have your attention for a moment:

Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Health | Reuters

"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

Overall, researchers said American adults age 64 and younger who lack health insurance have a 40 percent higher risk of death than those who have coverage.

The Harvard researchers analyzed data on about 9,000 patients tracked by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics through the year 2000. They excluded older Americans because those aged 65 or older are covered by the U.S. Medicare insurance program.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1576213 said:

:lol: You're kidding right? Why don't you go police the Republicans thread then bucko. You can start in the actual fifty ACORN threads and make your way to the other 2,000 same Obama threads.

Care to actually state what you think about this?

Are you suggesting that Obama isn't linked to ACORN? Because it's been pretty obvious since his campaign than there is a connection.

Are you suggesting that Obama isn't linked to ACORN? Because it's been pretty obvious since his campaign than there is a connection.

:lol: You and others have completely missed my point. Issues like this people tend to seem to care less about on this board. No, the topics that get the most attention are the following: Obama, ACORN, Democrats, and using the wars as some soundbyte to bash Obama. The real issues aren't debated as much as they should be because the real issues would actually involve not bashing someone.

Now that I have your attention for a moment:

Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Health | Reuters

"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

Overall, researchers said American adults age 64 and younger who lack health insurance have a 40 percent higher risk of death than those who have coverage.

The Harvard researchers analyzed data on about 9,000 patients tracked by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics through the year 2000. They excluded older Americans because those aged 65 or older are covered by the U.S. Medicare insurance program.

Thoughts?
You sly devil you.

:razz:

Ame®icano;1576213 said:

:lol: You're kidding right? Why don't you go police the Republicans thread then bucko. You can start in the actual fifty ACORN threads and make your way to the other 2,000 same Obama threads.

Care to actually state what you think about this?

Care to check the link I provided?

The study was released by Physicians for a National Health Program, an organization that favors a single-payer system. It takes into account socioeconomics, health behaviors and baseline health. The bottom line is that the uninsured are more likely to go without the kind of care that can save their life.

CaféAuLait;1578804 said:
So, um how many insured die each year? Millions? Hundreds of thousands?

You seem to not understand that 45,000 die a year due to a LACK of INSURANCE. As in they could of lived if they HAD INSURANCE and got TREATMENT for it. :eusa_eh:

CaféAuLait;1578804 said:

You seem to not understand that 45,000 die a year due to a LACK of INSURANCE. As in they could of lived if they HAD INSURANCE and got TREATMENT for it. :eusa_eh:

You still havent check the link in the post #7.

Ame®icano;1578844 said:

I have and you're wrong. You make not only false comparisons but false allegations.

For example, in this chart:

$deathq.jpg

If people who committed suicide had a public option to receive treatment for depression, then they might of had not killed themselves.

Adverse reactions to Prescription drugs is another. The poor can't afford the best and are sometimes forced to take lesser than stellar drugs in which the side effects are not put into play because they are desperate for recovery.

However, I wonder if you do know that chart is to show how many die a year from Marijuana, not even closely related to Health Care. Another thing that the Republicans are wrong about by the way, The War on Drugs. But that's a whole another issue.

The chart you use is therefore dishonestly used (as I've used it before in a Marijuana debate) and is missing several things. What about things like Cancer and other long-term treatments? Most of those things are adverse things in society that we can not always avoid. However, we can help those dying of cancer but can't afford the treatment.

As for who funded this thing:

The study, published Thursday and carried out by Harvard researchers and funded by a research grant, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from 25 percent in 1993.

Even the other study says at least 18,000 a year die however it is inaccurate. Attacking who released it doesn't make the statistics any less false.

Besides, statistics show that countries with "Socialized medicine" have not only better statistics when it comes to people going broke or dying due to health problems but it also has better life expectancy rates.

could have ? might have ? Cmon----:lol:

Well I'm assuming that's how they based it. I could be completely wrong but all I know is that according this study that 45,000 people die a year due to lack of insurance.

Ame®icano;1578844 said:

I have and you're wrong. You make not only false comparisons but false allegations.

For example, in this chart:

View attachment 8317

If people who committed suicide had a public option to receive treatment for depression, then they might of had not killed themselves.

Adverse reactions to Prescription drugs is another. The poor can't afford the best and are sometimes forced to take lesser than stellar drugs in which the side effects are not put into play because they are desperate for recovery.

However, I wonder if you do know that chart is to show how many die a year from Marijuana, not even closely related to Health Care. Another thing that the Republicans are wrong about by the way, The War on Drugs. But that's a whole another issue.

The chart you use is therefore dishonestly used (as I've used it before in a Marijuana debate) and is missing several things. What about things like Cancer and other long-term treatments? Most of those things are adverse things in society that we can not always avoid. However, we can help those dying of cancer but can't afford the treatment.

As for who funded this thing:

The study, published Thursday and carried out by Harvard researchers and funded by a research grant, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from 25 percent in 1993.

Even the other study says at least 18,000 a year die however it is inaccurate. Attacking who released it doesn't make the statistics any less false.

Besides, statistics show that countries with "Socialized medicine" have not only better statistics when it comes to people going broke or dying due to health problems but it also has better life expectancy rates.

Dumb ass. people that commit suicide are not looking for help. You may want to actually learn what you are talking about. Mental Health Care is not gonna get any more coverage with a Government run health Insurance plan then it does now. Why? Cause dumb asses can not understand the need for it. They can not SEE the illness there for it does not really exist.

:lol: You and others have completely missed my point. Issues like this people tend to seem to care less about on this board. No, the topics that get the most attention are the following: Obama, ACORN, Democrats, and using the wars as some soundbyte to bash Obama. The real issues aren't debated as much as they should be because the real issues would actually involve not bashing someone.

We haven't missed shit. Your title and subsequent post indicates that there is no link. You are a liar and an idiot. Usual left wing tactics at work. Lie to get attention then when caught lie some more.

Once again for the slow and the terminally stupid, you want health CARE reform, start with tort reform, something NO ONE in Congress is talking about because the left is beholding to the Lawyers. Yoiu want health care reform, stop talking about the Government taking over the health care industry. They can not run Medicare in the black why would we now believe they can run the entire industry with out massive debt accumulating?

The reform the left wants is not reform at all. And they refuse to listen to the people on this issue, resorting to calling them murderers, terrorists and astro turf.

CaféAuLait;1578804 said:

Let's check his facts first, that being Dr. David Himmelstein, I found he had the wrong motives the minute he said the CEO for Aetna made $250K per day, big lie, now don't misunderstand, I am not defending the salary of the CEO, but he does not make $250K per day, so in turn, why would you believe the rest of his argument??

When someone uses the salary issue as part of their argument, you have to question the validity of their point.....

Dumb ass. people that commit suicide are not looking for help. You may want to actually learn what you are talking about. Mental Health Care is not gonna get any more coverage with a Government run health Insurance plan then it does now. Why? Cause dumb asses can not understand the need for it. They can not SEE the illness there for it does not really exist.

Are you insane? That has to be one of the dumbest quotes I have EVER read on here, and that's saying much considering how much bullshit I've read.

We haven't missed shit. Your title and subsequent post indicates that there is no link. You are a liar and an idiot. Usual left wing tactics at work. Lie to get attention then when caught lie some more.

Once again for the slow and the terminally stupid, you want health CARE reform, start with tort reform, something NO ONE in Congress is talking about because the left is beholding to the Lawyers. Yoiu want health care reform, stop talking about the Government taking over the health care industry. They can not run Medicare in the black why would we now believe they can run the entire industry with out massive debt accumulating?

The reform the left wants is not reform at all. And they refuse to listen to the people on this issue, resorting to calling them murderers, terrorists and astro turf.

You don't even get it, the whole idea of a "link" was to get people like you who are too busy caring about Obama and ACORN to care about other issues to read about this.

97% of every dollar in Medicare goes to treatment, how much goes to treatment in Private Health care? Not nearly as much as that.

http://tuibguy.com/?p=1534

And take your tort reform and shove it up your ass. Tort Reform is not going to solve this issue, I agree it needs to be done to a point but it's not going to solve much of anything. Besides, for someone so much about government takeover, Tort Reform would be the Government involving itself with the Free Market. Irony much? :eusa_eh:

We can agree on one thing though, the "left" as in Obama, Pelosi, and Reid do not want true reform on this issue. Neither do Baucus, too much owned by the Insurance comapnies and such. They're all willing to offer up the public option to Republicans like a lamb but they don't understand that the Republicans will just cry for more comprising on the Democrat side while they will not offer to compromise on anything themselves.

CaféAuLait;1578804 said:

Let's check his facts first, that being Dr. David Himmelstein, I found he had the wrong motives the minute he said the CEO for Aetna made $250K per day, big lie, now don't misunderstand, I am not defending the salary of the CEO, but he does not make $250K per day, so in turn, why would you believe the rest of his argument??

When someone uses the salary issue as part of their argument, you have to question the validity of their point.....
How much does 24 million break down to a day?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back