Everything's Big in Texas...

I disagree.

No one can "afford it [Bigger Government]" and hopefully Texans will decrease its size in the next 10 years.

However, many government jobs at the state and local level are MANDATED AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. So whether or not a state increases or decreases their government jobs is often not a reflection of that state's values, but rather National Laws. Therefore, the implied arguement that Texas itself has chosen to expand government is a little silly.

So Texas was singled out for federal government mandates?

So if a governor promises to shrink the size of his state's government, he's really lying because he has no control over it?

First, you are comparing apples and oranges: The article is about TOTAL Government employees. The Governor has no control over the number of Texas residents employed by the FEDERAL government. He also has no control over LOCAL government employees (mostly teachers).

The only way you could hold the size of a state's government accountable to the Governor, is to look at the growth of STATE employees, and these are often mandated positions created through, but not financed, by Federal Statute.

A. you have nothing to prove that any Governor ever "promised to shrink the size of his state's government."

B. You have no evidence that STATE EMPLOYMENT increased in Texas.

However, the vast majority of government jobs are in education, which is why you naturally have more government jobs in states with larger populations (of children). Examples of very expensive federally mandated LOCAL teaching jobs are Special Education teachers and ESL teachers. Additionally, NCLB requires states to hire a number of people to administer the manditory state testing program.

So there's no such thing as a small government conservative and no such thing as conservatives who want smaller government and few government employees?

Unreal.

Yeah, somehow he neglected the other article from the same source:

Texas adds 732,800 jobs in 10 years; no other state tops 100,000 | The Business Journals

For reference to all you Libs out there that might not know what "Private-sector jobs" are: That's jobs OUTSDE Government.

If my math is correct Texas increased private sector jobs by 9% in 10 years.

Government jobs increased 17% over the same period.

If I'm correct, you're Statistical "Analysis" is bias 100% of the time.

You're not, so toodaloo.

If my math is correct Texas increased private sector jobs by 9% in 10 years.

Government jobs increased 17% over the same period.

If I'm correct, you're Statistical "Analysis" is bias 100% of the time.

You're not, so toodaloo.

Apparently you're as reading impaired as you are mathematically handicapped: TEXAS doesn't control all he government jobs in TEXAS, only the STATE jobs.

And if you weren't bias, then you would compare the differences between TX and another state.

Just do CA.

So Texas was singled out for federal government mandates?

So if a governor promises to shrink the size of his state's government, he's really lying because he has no control over it?

First, you are comparing apples and oranges: The article is about TOTAL Government employees. The Governor has no control over the number of Texas residents employed by the FEDERAL government. He also has no control over LOCAL government employees (mostly teachers).

The only way you could hold the size of a state's government accountable to the Governor, is to look at the growth of STATE employees, and these are often mandated positions created through, but not financed, by Federal Statute.

A. you have nothing to prove that any Governor ever "promised to shrink the size of his state's government."

B. You have no evidence that STATE EMPLOYMENT increased in Texas.

However, the vast majority of government jobs are in education, which is why you naturally have more government jobs in states with larger populations (of children). Examples of very expensive federally mandated LOCAL teaching jobs are Special Education teachers and ESL teachers. Additionally, NCLB requires states to hire a number of people to administer the manditory state testing program.

So there's no such thing as a small government conservative and no such thing as conservatives who want smaller government and few government employees?

Unreal.

What's "unreal" is you're ability to spew non sequiturs whenever you're agruement falls apart.

I'll make it simple:

Exactly when did the governor of Texas "promise to shrink the size of his state's government?"

If you cannot answer, it won't surprise me.

Texas leads in Job-Creation period. I'll put Governor Rick Perry's Job-Creation Record up against any other Governor/President in this Country. And guess what? He'll win every time. Rick Perry has been creating Jobs in Texas while all other States have been losing Millions of Jobs. I actually think he would be a very good Republican Candidate for President. I hope he runs.

We're about to do away with personal and coroprate income taxes here in LA... I think it's a great move.

Thanks TX!

Rick Perry is a proven Job-Creating Machine. No one else in the country can compare. He has created Jobs while all the rest have lost Millions of Jobs. Every Governor/President should aspire to be like him. The Republicans should push him to run for President. He would be a very strong Candidate.

Rick Perry is a proven Job-Creating Machine. No one else in the country can compare. He has created Jobs while all the rest have lost Millions of Jobs. Every Governor/President should aspire to be like him. The Republicans should push him to run for President. He would be a very strong Candidate.

:eusa_eh:

What did he do?

So you pretty much don't know what your talking about.

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Latinos are mostly conservative. Like you.
Depends on where the Latino is. And there are different strains of conservatives. Social conservatives care about things like pro-life, anti-gay marriage, pro-death penalty and anti-gun control. Most Latinos who fall here. While I support the death penalty and gun rights, I support abortion rights in the first trimester and gay marriage rights. I am not what people would call a social conservative.

Then you have economic conservatives. They are against big goverment, want low taxes, want low spending, are against entitlements and are against welfare. The majority of Latino don't fall here and NO Latino Nation would be considered economically conservative outside of Chile.

Then there is immigration. The conservative stance is repeal the birthright clause, close and fence the border, implement everify, no amnesty, no free healthcare, education or welfare for illegals. I fall on the conservative side here, most Latinos don't.

So, what good increases in government has Texas spent its tax revenue on in the last 10 years?

That's their business. Each state can do what they want. It's the United States of America. Not America with states. You don't understand how this is supposed to work. That's the problem.

IOW, you're blindly defending bigger and bigger government in Texas - BECAUSE ITS REPUBLICANS -

and yet you have no idea what the bigger government is actually doing.

I'm not defending anything. I'm explaining a principle to you. You can't do what you don't have the money for. If you have the money then you can do whatever the hell you want. The Federal government is broke. Do you understand that?

Let me know when the Texas/Perry-Haters start creating Jobs. Because so far none can compare to Texas Job-Creation. The Hopey Changey One might want to consult Rick Perry on this issue. He could sure use the help no?

What everyone is overlooking, is the state of liberal-democrat economies all across America. Utter failure. This administration should being holding advisory meetings with Texas' governor and take some damn notes.

yup and hes also a deficit machine! Texas is looking at a huge budget shortfall and a huge deficit.

"Politifact verifies claims from Democratic opponent Bill White that our state's debt has doubled under Rick Perry. When he assumed office in December 2000, Texas held $13.7 billion in debt. Adjusting for inflation, that's today's equivalent of $16.6 billion. As of August 2009, we held $34.08 billion in debt. Rick Perry has more than doubled our state's debt, even after you adjust for inflation."

and

"Texas lawmakers unveiled a Spartan budget late Tuesday night that slashes $31 billion in spending to close the state's massive budget deficit. Education, Medicaid and corrections would be hit particularly hard.

House legislators were forced to rely on spending cuts to close the shortfall -- estimated at between $15 billion and $27 billion -- because Republican leaders pledged not to raise taxes. They also did not touch the state's projected $9.4 billion rainy day fund, one of the most flush in the nation.

The spending plan calls for a 13% hit to public education and a 7.6% drop in higher education support. Among the cuts, funding for pre-K Early Start programs would be slashed, and four community colleges would be closed."

Good Job Perry, he was also the guy so said we should let all the banks fails as well...... haha idiot

Last edited:

:eusa_eh:

What did he do?

Let me know when the Texas/Perry-Haters start creating Jobs. Because so far none can compare to Texas Job-Creation. The Hopey Changey One might want to consult Rick Perry on this issue. He could sure use the help no?

I'm still at a loss to understand what exactly you think Perry did?

At Gov. Perry's urging, the Legislature has established and consistently funded two additional tools to attract and create Texas jobs - the Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) and Emerging Technology Fund (ETF). The TEF functions as a "deal closing" fund, enabling Texas to compete directly with incentives offered elsewhere in the country, its investments tied directly to job creation. Meanwhile, the ETF helps early-stage tech companies grow their ideas from the laboratory into the marketplace, in the process helping keep Texas at the forefront of new technologies.

The Key word is "Fund."

Perry supports Funding for business development, not for Gubment Cheese.

Texas leads in Job-Creation period. I'll put Governor Rick Perry's Job-Creation Record up against any other Governor/President in this Country. And guess what? He'll win every time. Rick Perry has been creating Jobs in Texas while all other States have been losing Millions of Jobs. I actually think he would be a very good Republican Candidate for President. I hope he runs.

So do I.

...including government!!!

Texas, Florida lead in government job growth

by G. Scott Thomas

Friday, May 27, 2011

Texas led the states with the largest growth in government jobs over the past 10 years.

Big government grew a bit bigger in 43 states and the District of Columbia during the past decade.

Texas posted the largest 10-year upswing in federal, state and local government jobs, adding 286,800 positions, according to an On Numbers study of employment data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Texas, Florida lead in government job growth | The Business Journals

Wouldn't that be because of a high rate of economic and population growth? Lots of families moving in means an increase in teachers who are government employees.

A more interesting stat would be the rate of growth in government employees relative to the entire workforce and on a per capita basis.

by G. Scott Thomas

Friday, May 27, 2011

Texas led the states with the largest growth in government jobs over the past 10 years.

Big government grew a bit bigger in 43 states and the District of Columbia during the past decade.

Texas posted the largest 10-year upswing in federal, state and local government jobs, adding 286,800 positions, according to an On Numbers study of employment data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Wouldn't that be because of a high rate of economic and population growth? Lots of families moving in means an increase in teachers who are government employees.

A more interesting stat would be the rate of growth in government employees relative to the entire workforce and on a per capita basis.

well said, spending ahead of pop growth and inflation is the sin....if hes committed it.*shrugs*

by G. Scott Thomas

Friday, May 27, 2011

But they are not STATE employees (except in Hawaii), and the Governor of the state has no control over how many are hired.

No wonder Conservatives are a plague on the United States. They prop up people like the murdering secessionist traitor, Rick Perry.

Texas is running huge deficits as well. Thats WITH every conservative economic trick in the book.

No wonder Conservatives are a plague on the United States. They prop up people like the murdering secessionist traitor, Rick Perry.

Texas is running huge deficits as well. Thats WITH every conservative economic trick in the book.

ah so hes a murderer now? for god sakes:lol:

Forum List

Back