E. coli and sovereign default risk

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
German just published some dismal export numbers and the EU E coli outbreak story preceded the export story on Bloomberg TV. So are these two crises interlocked in some non-obvious way?

It's very natural to see associations where none exist.

Show magicians use that process when they wave a magic wand at the moment they pull the rabbit out of a hat knowing the audience will decide the wand caused the bunny. My guess is that we'll probably be hearing from pundits who'll be earning a living making this very same association and writing up 'proofs' of how say, Dick Cheney and Halliburton was behind the both.

It's very natural to see associations where none exist.

Show magicians use that process when they wave a magic wand at the moment they pull the rabbit out of a hat knowing the audience will decide the wand caused the bunny. My guess is that we'll probably be hearing from pundits who'll be earning a living making this very same association and writing up 'proofs' of how say, Dick Cheney and Halliburton was behind the both.
That was what I was wondering about, is this all smoke and mirrors or is the food contamination crisis keeping politicians' eyes off the ball? The current iteration of the sovereign debt crisis is being handled very poorly.

Forum List

Back