Everyone call the White House

I say let the kid's punishment be to make a Public Service Announcement about how you shouldn't be stupid and try to bring a gun to Mexico.

Then they can let him go.

Now, for a little reverie.....

"...in 1904, when the 64-year-old Perdicaris and his stepson found themselves taken hostage from their villa in Tangier, Morocco by a scruffy band of rifle-toting Berber tribesmen on horseback.

The bandits' chieftain was flamboyant, black-bearded Mulai Ahmed er Raisuli, and he wanted to extort a heavy ransom...

For President Theodore Roosevelt, it was an opportunity ... to issue one of his most blood-curdling proclamations, a statement that helped ensure his re-election while sending Americans wild with joy:

"Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead!"
1904: Teddy's Big Stick

That kind of stuff is done for domestic consumption. It rarely works in international diplomacy. As a matter of fact, it can often have the opposite effect vs. quiet diplomacy. The problem with saying anything in that vein to the nation today, unlike in Teddy's day, is that all news is international and nothing said can be said solely for the domestic market.

Calm down, Goober....

rev·er·ie
/ˈrevərē/
Noun
A state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream: "I slipped into reverie".
An instrumental piece suggesting a dreamy or musing state.
Synonyms
daydream - dream

Why are you posting your daydreams in 'Politics'? :eusa_eh:

This is at least the third topic about this idiot.

He decides rather than flying to Costa Rica to surf, he will drive there from the US.

He also decides to bring his trusty shotgun with him.

Does he bother to spend the ten minutes it takes to find out what the various laws are about trucking a shotgun through the 5 countries he has to go through to get to Costa Rica?

Does he discover that Mexico, for instance, requires an advance permit? Does he discover other countries require all manner of permits and doctor-certified psych evals and advanced approval to bring a weapon into their respective countries?

No. Of course not. Because he is a simpleton. He figures he will just declare his weapon at the border and they will make an exception to their harsh gun control laws just for this idiot 19 year old surfer dude.

I mean, go ahead and read that letter in the OP. It is screamingly obvious he believed he could just declare his gun at the border. He clearly didn't take ten minutes to check online before he left home to find out the gun laws of Mexico.

He's lucky Mexico caught him, and not Nicaragua or Honduras. He could have been disappeared.

2mxen41.jpg

you are a fucking liar

I just called the white house and said ignore this stupid fuckin' petition because asshole Joe Wilson signed it.

Here's the U.S. State Department's travel warning for Mexico.

Gun battles between rival TCOs or with Mexican authorities have taken place in towns and cities in many parts of Mexico, especially in the border region. Gun battles have occurred in broad daylight on streets and in other public venues, such as restaurants and clubs. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area. TCOs use stolen cars and trucks to create roadblocks on major thoroughfares, preventing the military and police from responding to criminal activity. The location and timing of future armed engagements is unpredictable. We recommend that you defer travel to the areas indicated in this Travel Warning and to exercise extreme caution when traveling throughout the northern border region.

The number of kidnappings and disappearances throughout Mexico is of particular concern. Both local and expatriate communities have been victimized. In addition, local police have been implicated in some of these incidents. We strongly advise you to lower your profile and avoid displaying any evidence of wealth that might draw attention.

Carjacking and highway robbery are serious problems in many parts of the border region and U.S. citizens have been murdered in such incidents. Most victims who complied with carjackers at these checkpoints have reported that they were not physically harmed. Carjackers have shot at vehicles that fail to stop at checkpoints. Incidents have occurred during the day and at night, and carjackers have used a variety of techniques, including bumping/moving vehicles to force them to stop and running vehicles off the road at high speeds. There are some indications that criminals have particularly targeted newer and larger vehicles, especially dark-colored SUVs. However, victims driving a variety of vehicles, from late model SUVs to old sedans have also been targeted. While violent incidents have occurred at all hours of the day and night on both modern toll ("cuotas") highways and on secondary roads, they have occurred most frequently at night and on isolated roads. To reduce risk, if absolutely necessary to travel by road, we strongly urge you to travel between cities throughout Mexico only during daylight hours, to avoid isolated roads, and to use toll roads whenever possible. The Mexican government has deployed federal police and military personnel throughout the country as part of its efforts to combat the TCOs. U.S. citizens traveling on Mexican roads and highways may encounter government checkpoints, which are often staffed by military personnel or law enforcement personnel. TCOs have erected their own unauthorized checkpoints, and killed or abducted motorists who have failed to stop at them. You should cooperate at all checkpoints.

Don't fucking drive around Mexico.

Don't take a fucking shotgun down there and show it to corrupt cops.

Perhaps I don't read enough of your posts....but the ones that I have read seem, in every case, to leave me shaking my head, muttering "idiot."

You're not alone. Anyone rational on this board already thinks you're an idiot.

Don't be so rough on yourself.

"Anyone rational....."

Pretending that you've conversed with rational folks?

Now, really....why would anyone even remotely rational admit to even a passing acquaintance with you?

Looking forward to that time when everyone will be murmuring about you, “nobody had a bad word to say about him…” and “he just lit up a room….”

Not too distant future?

^^^^^
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19157-1355463262-8.gif

That kind of stuff is done for domestic consumption. It rarely works in international diplomacy. As a matter of fact, it can often have the opposite effect vs. quiet diplomacy. The problem with saying anything in that vein to the nation today, unlike in Teddy's day, is that all news is international and nothing said can be said solely for the domestic market.

Calm down, Goober....

rev·er·ie
/ˈrevərē/
Noun
A state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream: "I slipped into reverie".
Synonyms
daydream - dream

This post is your default to excuse your vocabulary lacunae?

Ooops....did it to you again, huh?

You're not alone. Anyone rational on this board already thinks you're an idiot.

Don't be so rough on yourself.

"Anyone rational....."

Now, really....why would anyone even remotely rational admit to even a passing acquaintance with you?

Looking forward to that time when everyone will be murmuring about you, “nobody had a bad word to say about him…” and “he just lit up a room….”

Not too distant future?

^^^^^

Proved my point, didn't it.

"Anyone rational....."

Not too distant future?

^^^^^

Proved my point, didn't it.

Indeed. You are, by any measure, an idiot.

Calm down, Goober....

rev·er·ie
/ˈrevərē/
Noun
Synonyms
daydream - dream

What, post an irrelevancy in order to cloud an issue? If anyone was having a "reverie" it was you by wistfully bringing up TR. BTW, 'vocabulary" isn't an adjective, making your first sentence grammatically incorrect and your criticism of my post particularly ironic.

Seriously.

If you personally were going to drive through 5 or 6 third world countries with a gun, would you not spend a few minutes before leaving to find out their respective gun control laws?

And if you saw the US consulate warnings about Mexico regularly jailing Americans every month for bringing guns to their country, would you still drive down there with a shotgun?

Really?

Maybe he thought the mexican government worked the same as the US government did? We allow thousands of illegals to cross over with all kinds of weapons and drugs on a daily basis without batting an eye. Too bad our government wasn't as harsh with 'foreigners' entering illegally as Mexicans are when people enter their country legally at the border. Maybe we could learn something from the mexians here??? Ya think?

Seriously.

If you personally were going to drive through 5 or 6 third world countries with a gun, would you not spend a few minutes before leaving to find out their respective gun control laws?

And if you saw the US consulate warnings about Mexico regularly jailing Americans every month for bringing guns to their country, would you still drive down there with a shotgun?

Really?

Maybe he thought the mexican government worked the same as the US government did? We allow thousands of illegals cross over with all kinds of weapons and drugs on a daily basis without batting an eye. Too bad our government wasn't as harsh with 'foreigners' entering illegally as Mexicans are when people enter their country legally at the border. Maybe we could learn something from the mexians here??? Ya think?

The kid declared the gun here in the US and he declared it to the Mexican officals as soon as he crossed the border, but being the corrupt bastards that they are they seized him, threw him into prison, chained him to his bed, threatened his life, and sent a message to his parents that for a price they might think about releasing him.

all your fucked up little pictures and mutterings won't change the fact that you're a fucking liar.

Tell you what, fuckpuppet: why don't you point out, exacly, what he lied about?

Go ahead. Be very specific.

every fucking thing he said was a lie. start to finish. pencil dick

Ah, so if I'm reading you right, what you're saying is that you literally eat dogshit, and you fist your self at Shriner parades.

Thanks for clearing that up, m'am.

all your fucked up little pictures and mutterings won't change the fact that you're a fucking liar.

Joe Wilson did sign the petition. (fuck him)

And I don't give a fuck about someone who can't bother to read state department warnings before traveling.

his parents have enough juice with TeaBag congressmen, but they can't afford to bride some Mexican officials??? Seriously????

What did I lie about???

So, go ahead, plug your ears, nancy.

What, post an irrelevancy in order to cloud an issue? If anyone was having a "reverie" it was you by wistfully bringing up TR. BTW, 'vocabulary" isn't an adjective, making your first sentence grammatically incorrect and your criticism of my post particularly ironic.

So....you don't want to admit that you didn't know what 'reverie' meant?

One would think that you'd be used to the appellation 'stupid' by now.

Forum List

Back