Every Third Child In Gaza Stunted by Hunger

Rhodes -

It depends exactly when and where we are talking about, because the UN have been in Lebanon for many years, since long before Hezbollah even existed. The original mandate did not mention Hezbollah at all for this reason - there was no Hezbollah.

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon, or UNIFIL, was created by the United Nations, with the adoption of Security Council Resolution 425 and 426 on 19 March 1978, to confirm Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon which Israel had invaded five days prior, restore international peace and security, and help the Government of Lebanon restore its effective authority in the area.[1]

The first UNIFIL troops were deployed in the area on 23 March 1978; these troops were reassigned from other UN peacekeeping operations in the area (namely the United Nations Emergency Force and the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force Zone).[1]

During the occupation, UNIFIL's function was mainly to provide humanitarian aid.[2]

UNIFIL's mandate is renewed by United Nations Security Council annually. Current mandate expires on 31 August 2012

United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UN forces in Lebanon were indeed supposed to help prevent terrorist groups re-establish themselves after the last fight between Israel and Hezbollah. They completely failed to act.

Lebanon is still a Hezbollah strong hold though right?

Very much so - but UNIFIL has never been asked to do anything about Hezbollah.

I have no problem with blaming the UN for its obvious failings, but you can not criticise the UN troops for not performing tasks they have never been asked to do - that is the failing of the Security Council.

For instance - UN troops in Rwanda reported the location of four major caches of weapons days before the start of the genocide, and asked for specific permission to shoot they way in, seize the weapons, and shoot their way out if necessary.

That permission was denied by the UNSC.

I was in Golan a few years back, and talked to a lot of local people about the UN, and heard oonly good things about them. They've done what they said they would do, and done it very well.

I'd have no problem at all assigning the UN to monitor the borders of a future Palestinian state, or to monitor Jersualem, but they'd have to have a mandate to do what they need to do.

The UN commander in Rwanda was such a coward that he stood by while his own troops were being slaughtered and did nothing to help them.

Lebanon is still a Hezbollah strong hold though right?

Very much so - but UNIFIL has never been asked to do anything about Hezbollah.

I wonder if you are as oblivious to reality as you sometimes seem to be or is it something more insideous:
Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source.

Barak added that he had instructed the IDF and Israel's security forces to use "all means" to find the perpetrators of the attack and bring them to justice.

Did they ever find the perps?

Rhodes -

It depends exactly when and where we are talking about, because the UN have been in Lebanon for many years, since long before Hezbollah even existed. The original mandate did not mention Hezbollah at all for this reason - there was no Hezbollah.

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon, or UNIFIL, was created by the United Nations, with the adoption of Security Council Resolution 425 and 426 on 19 March 1978, to confirm Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon which Israel had invaded five days prior, restore international peace and security, and help the Government of Lebanon restore its effective authority in the area.[1]

The first UNIFIL troops were deployed in the area on 23 March 1978; these troops were reassigned from other UN peacekeeping operations in the area (namely the United Nations Emergency Force and the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force Zone).[1]

During the occupation, UNIFIL's function was mainly to provide humanitarian aid.[2]

UNIFIL's mandate is renewed by United Nations Security Council annually. Current mandate expires on 31 August 2012

United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UNIFIL provided humanitarian aid all right. They allowed Hizbollah to set up artillery positions within a hundred meters of their camps. Artillery to fire into Israel. And the Hizzies knew Israel wouldn't return fire.

Hossfly -

They allowed Hizbollah to set up artillery positions within a hundred meters of their camps

When was this?

I know one problem with UNIFIL has been geographic limitations on their mandate (i.e. they can't chase terrorists up the Bekaa Valley as that is outside their area of operations), but they should stop artillery positions right on their doorstep.

Hossfly -

They allowed Hizbollah to set up artillery positions within a hundred meters of their camps

When was this?

I know one problem with UNIFIL has been geographic limitations on their mandate (i.e. they can't chase terrorists up the Bekaa Valley as that is outside their area of operations), but they should stop artillery positions right on their doorstep.

UNIFIL has never undertaken any action against terrorists and has never done anything to impede terrorist attacks against Israel launched from southern Lebanon.

Hossfly -

When was this?

Just one report about UNIFIL laxity. Later IDF dropped a few rounds on the UNIFIL camp to get their undivided attention. That's a good way to deal with enablers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR70wkgRK58]Col. Richard Kemp: Implications of IDF Withdrawal From the West Bank - YouTube[/ame]

Hossfly -

When was this?

Just one report about UNIFIL laxity. Later IDF dropped a few rounds on the UNIFIL camp to get their undivided attention. That's a good way to deal with enablers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR70wkgRK58]Col. Richard Kemp: Implications of IDF Withdrawal From the West Bank - YouTube[/ame]

I thought we saw the last of stooge Kemp when Stoner got bounced.

Hossfly -

When was this?

I thought we saw the last of stooge Kemp when Stoner got bounced.
Who was Kemp working for?
Do you disagree with Kemp's report?

Two Thumbs,

So, your response to Israeli genocide against Palestinian children is They should choose to live in peace instead of war?

Over half of the 1.7 million Palestinians who live in the Gaza concentration camp are children.

Sherri - your comment is nonsensical. Firstly, genocide typically implies a shrinking population. However, Pal/Arabs breed like rabbits, hence a growing population. Secondly, for a population that you claim is suffering, how is it that Pal/Arabs are shopping at luxury malls while a "genocide" is taking place?

Edit: I am not allowed to post links but do a search using the term "Palestine+luxury malls"

Last edited:
Two Thumbs,

So, your response to Israeli genocide against Palestinian children is They should choose to live in peace instead of war?

Over half of the 1.7 million Palestinians who live in the Gaza concentration camp are children.

Sherri - your comment is nonsensical. Firstly, genocide typically implies a shrinking population. However, Pal/Arabs breed like rabbits, hence a growing population. Secondly, for a population that you claim is suffering, how is it that Pal/Arabs are shopping at luxury malls while a "genocide" is taking place?

Edit: I am not allowed to post links but do a search using the term "Palestine+luxury malls"

From one side of his mouth TinHorn whines about the "plight" of those poor poor "Palestinians" and from the other he lauds their "resourcefulness" in smuggling in luxury automobiles through those tunnels for sale.

Two Thumbs,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHBwE0cx5dQ]Gaza 2011 - your next travel destination - YouTube[/ame]

Two Thumbs,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHBwE0cx5dQ]Gaza 2011 - your next travel destination - YouTube[/ame]
A pox upon Israel for the sheer carnage, destruction and total annihilation of Gaza!!

Every third child in Israel has thick coke-bottle glasses, where's the thread for that?

Hitler tried genocide

The jews haven't

but seriously, the world would actually be a better place w/o a people that think it's ok to use a baby to stop bullets.

Seriously, what human would think to do such a thing?

It’s dangerous and just plain wrong for any thinking human to justify the actions of "Palestinian" Arab terrorists. Their actions are undertaken with clear and identifiable connections to religious convictions and a sociopathic support system that furthers hatred and murder.

The Arab/Muslim institutionalized hatred of Jews that is embraced by “Palestinians” is furthered by cruel and manipulative Arabs/moslems who wish to use the 'plight' of the Palestinians they spurned from their own nations and lands many, many times as fodder to further their own agendas. The institution of insensate Jew hatred (which is a function of moslem orthodoxy), was furthered by other Arabs who care less about Palestinians than what the misfortune of the "Palestinians" could mean for their own political, financial, and social positions.

It’s dangerous and just plain wrong for any thinking human to justify the actions of "Palestinian" Arab terrorists.

I do agree with this - but it is telling in your statement that nowhere in your post do you refer to the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and millions of Muslims who are not terrorists and do not support terror.

Relating to the Arab world through the prism of the extremist outer edge is like relating to the US through the prism of Malcolm X or Jesse Jackson - it just is not a representative view.

It’s dangerous and just plain wrong for any thinking human to justify the actions of "Palestinian" Arab terrorists.

I do agree with this - but it is telling in your statement that nowhere in your post do you refer to the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and millions of Muslims who are not terrorists and do not support terror.

Relating to the Arab world through the prism of the extremist outer edge is like relating to the US through the prism of Malcolm X or Jesse Jackson - it just is not a representative view.

The vast majority of Palestinians and or Arabs support certain forms of terrorism, as do you.

I think what you're not addressing is that somebody voted in the Islamic terrorists currently occupying Gaza. Who do you think that somebody is?

The fundamental issue was never about the "Palestinians". The treatment of the Pals by the Syrians, Jordanians, Egyptians and others of your Moslem "brothers" has always been one of manipulation and exploitation, far more brutal and selfish than anything the Israelis themselves have subjected the Palestinians to. It has always and will always fundamentally be about Israel itself and the existence of infidels, (and especially the institutionalized Islamic revulsion of the Jews), in Muslim lands™. While Islamic nations take up the rallying cry of "Palestine!" for public relations and rhetorical purposes, we should recognize that any one of them would accept the instant death of every Palestinian in exchange for the elimination of the Israeli state in a heartbeat.

Forum List

Back