Every Third Child In Gaza Stunted by Hunger

Maybe if the terrorists would label which shipments were weapons and which ones were food.......

Are you under the impression that Israel doesn't send the Gazans food?

Throughout 2006, the Karni crossing remained only partially operational, costing Palestinians losses of $500,000 a day, as less than 10% of the Gaza Strip's minimal daily export targets were achieved. Basic food commodities were severely depleted, bakeries closed and food rationing was introduced

Blockade of the Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe if the terrorists would label which shipments were weapons and which ones were food.......

Throughout 2006, the Karni crossing remained only partially operational, costing Palestinians losses of $500,000 a day, as less than 10% of the Gaza Strip's minimal daily export targets were achieved. Basic food commodities were severely depleted, bakeries closed and food rationing was introduced

This is an act of war yet the Palestinians are expected to sit on their hands.

And Palestinians arbitrarily firing rockets into Israeli neighborhoods is what, if not the exact same thing?

Your terrorist buddies should have taken Gaza and refrained from launching rockets in the first place. Now they're going to whine about Israel's response?

Last edited:
And Palestinians arbitrarily firing rockets into Israeli neighborhoods is what, if not the exact same thing?

I would say it is a lot worse than a blockade.

But responding to those attack by punishing the entire population of Gaza is not in Israel's interests, IMO. To my mind it does more to encourage terror than end it.

But responding to those attack by punishing the entire population of Gaza is not in Israel's interests, IMO. To my mind it does more to encourage terror than end it.

If the Palestinian majority does nothing to thwart the acts of the "so-called Terrorist minority" and they are starving because of it, I'd say if you sleep with dogs... You get fleas.

It is a response to Israel's acts of war.

If the Palestinian majority does nothing to thwart the acts of the "so-called Terrorist minority" and they are starving because of it, I'd say if you sleep with dogs... You get fleas.

I don't disagree with that - but my points is always what is best for Israel in the long term.

And punishing the Palestinians wholesale isn't it. It just feeds the anger.

If Israel were smarter they'd offer the Gazans a very big, juicy carrot to go with that stick. That would pressure Gazns to subdue the terrorist minority, IMO.

I don't disagree with that - but my points is always what is best for Israel in the long term.

And punishing the Palestinians wholesale isn't it. It just feeds the anger.

If Israel were smarter they'd offer the Gazans a very big, juicy carrot to go with that stick. That would pressure Gazns to subdue the terrorist minority, IMO.

The Palestinians have been trying to work out a ceasefire for years.

But Israel won't have it.

Yeah....I think it's largely 50/50 on that one.

It doesn't help that the PA and Hamas can't present a united front, of course.

In retrospect, I wonder if most Palestinians feel they should have accepted what they were offered at Camp David all those years ago. It wasn't a perfect deal...but it was better than what they have now.

Tood -

And since when is blocking aid convoys from reaching Gaza "defending itself" from anything?

How does cutting down trees, destroying crops or holding people without trial consitute "defense"?

I tell ya, if you think this is a conflict with one good team and one bad team, you'll never understand a thing about it.

There are no good guys here - only shades of grey and black.

Blocking weapons from coming into Gaza is defending itself.

I have no problem with Israel blocking weapons...but blocking shipments of food, medicine, etc?

I'm getting the impression you haven't been following the news on this terribly closely?

Again you just keep lying. Food and medicine are getting into Gaza and have been getting into Gaza throughout. You simply spout anti-Israeli propaganda.

In retrospect, I wonder if most Palestinians feel they should have accepted what they were offered at Camp David all those years ago. It wasn't a perfect deal...but it was better than what they have now.

The Fatah, Hamas fight is caused by the US.

Camp David sucked. Camp David would have put the West Bank where Gaza is now.

It's possible.

I read one book by the Israeli author Tanya Reinhart which said the offer was completely unacceptable, and that no leader could have accepted it...but other sources say it was the best deal likely to ever be offered.

Possibly both statements are true, unfortunately.

Blame everything on the US. So easy and stupid.

As for the Camp David proposals, I thought they were not ideal and could have been better. But the Palestinians are unlikely ever to get a deal that will be nearly as good now.

Do these help you to understand?

The Hudna or temporary peace: the value of Arab Truces

The PLO Charter

Hamas Charter

A technique of propaganda called "turnspeak"

Enjoy

It's possible.

I read one book by the Israeli author Tanya Reinhart which said the offer was completely unacceptable, and that no leader could have accepted it...but other sources say it was the best deal likely to ever be offered.

It may have been the best deal offered but it still sucked. That is why there is no peace agreement. All offers suck.

Of course Israeli propaganda said it was great.

It's possible.

It may have been the best deal offered but it still sucked. That is why there is no peace agreement. All offers suck.

We all know you are against peace and compromise racist.

Your lack of compassion for victims of war crimes and lack of concern about people committing war crimes says everything that needs to be said about you. You obviously have no heart, and that is the world we live in, a world filled with heartless and soulless things that call themselves human.Sherri

At this point, I've placed this feces on ignore, but I do find it hilarious how it pretends to question others' compassion while it rails over and over against jews. Despicable, 1930s-style anti-semitic trash, found on most poli-forums until banned...

Camp David sucked? what should you think Israel should do besides just all comitting mass suicide and let the Palestinians have everything? :rolleyes:

It's possible.

We all know you are against peace and compromise racist.

What compromise? All the concessions were from the Palestinians.

Forum List

Back