Ever had to jack up a 2020/newer car??

Also...looks like there is a pinch weld adapter ...

Screenshot_20230807-142205-042.png

Amazon product

My 2021 Cadillac doesn't have a spare, and never did. I ended up buying one because I drive out in the country a lot and AAA may be 1-2 hours away on a good day.
/----/ Manufacturers revived the spare, jack, and tire tools to save weight and help meet the EPA standards. It also saves them several hundred dollars per car. We go out and buy that stuff, which increases the weight and causes lower MPG. It's a stupid game.

Bonzi and I started to go to the store... WTF??... flat tire.
2020 Ford Fusion.
Well crap. Oh well, let's get the donut tire... WTF?? Where is it?? - GONE!!
And the jack, and the jack tools and the little mini compressor that comes with a Fusion.
What's this... 100s of them for sale on eBay??? Gee... how the hell you think that is possible??
OMG... wait till tomorrow when the dealership is open. (It's Sunday).
Jesus Christ!
Alright let's get the tire off anyway. I have a low profile floor jack no problem.
Wait... what is all this plastic everywhere? Where do you put the jack?? Owners manual.. no help.
Look online... some help, but finally find where the jack point is for the rear.
Floor jack won't fit the small point, due to the plastic everywhere can't see shit where to put it!!
Plan C - get the scissor jack out of the truck. I can position this ... got it.
Never in my 58 year life did I ever not know where to put a jack.
Jesus.

My 1988 Chevy Pickup and my 2000 Taurus, I can use most any jack and put it most anywhere on anything I want because everything is steel.

I think you're supposed to reduce the size of the pad of your floor jack with a piece of hardwood between the pad and the jack point.
Take a look at a Ford Fusion specific scissor jack...
It is a slot. It is seriously less than 1" wide.
It's friggin crazy

s-l1600.jpg

Forum List

Back