Even Wall Street thinks this tax bill is a loser

View attachment 164291

DURR!

According to Goldman Sachs, this tax bill will only increase growth by 0.3% for 2018-19 and then either flat-line, or contract the economy beginning in 2020.

That's a loser.

According to Goldman Sachs, this tax bill will only increase growth by 0.3% for 2018-19

Oh no! Increased growth.

Oh no! Increased growth at time of growth. paid for with DEFICITS that ALREADY look disastrous.

636452372725287683-11-03-17-Opposing-view-GOP-tax-plan-online-Online.png

Can ANYONE supporting these tax cuts explain to me why this is a good idea?

Looks like a good time to cut government spending.

According to Goldman Sachs, the former employer of Trump's chief economic adviser, this tax bill will only increase growth 0.3% for 2018 and 2019 before either flat-lining, or producing negative growth beginning in 2020.

Goldman Sees U.S. Tax Cut Boosting Growth 0.3% Point in 2018-19
The U.S. Congress will probably pass tax-cut legislation within the next two weeks, ushering in reductions that will boost economic growth by around 0.3 percentage point for next year and 2019, according to estimates by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

Goldman Sachs doesn't think the Republican tax bill would be a big boost to the US economy
We note that the effect in 2020 and beyond looks minimal and could actually be slightly negative," the Goldman economists wrote.

Even Wall Street thinks this bill sucks.

One guy said this and now it is all of Wall Street! Lol go back to your partisan hole.

Since the tax plan was even contemplate the market has been on a tear!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

View attachment 164291

DURR!

According to Goldman Sachs, this tax bill will only increase growth by 0.3% for 2018-19 and then either flat-line, or contract the economy beginning in 2020.

That's a loser.

According to Goldman Sachs, this tax bill will only increase growth by 0.3% for 2018-19

Oh no! Increased growth.

Oh no! Increased growth at time of growth. paid for with DEFICITS that ALREADY look disastrous.

636452372725287683-11-03-17-Opposing-view-GOP-tax-plan-online-Online.png

Can ANYONE supporting these tax cuts explain to me why this is a good idea?

Looks like a good time to cut government spending.

:rolleyes: Nope, good time to cut spending is BEFORE you fuck up already fucked up budget even further.

And here is another thing about cutting spending - IT IS CONTRACTIONARY. If we cut one trillion dollar in 2027 from government spending economy will contract by around 5% GDP and put us into recession.

Last edited:
The DOW went up 200 points today. Which Wall Street are you referring to?
Yes, this tax bill lets corporations keep their government gifts which drove up the corporate tax rate so high to begin with.

Now they get to keep those government gifts AND have a lower tax rate, and it comes out of YOUR ass.

Of course they like that. A lot.

And what's another trillion and a half dollars of federal debt, amiright? It's Okay When Trump Does It![emoji769]

Do you ever make sense? You’re just a continuous stream of red herrings.

Fact ever since the bill was being contemplated the market has been on a tear!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh shit if Trump presented a cure for all forms of cancer tomorrow his critics would say what took him so long.

LOL - yea - because fiscally irresponsible free-for-all on the back of deficits IS JUST LIKE curing cancer.

If you can't answer why this is a good idea just STFU please.

CU dividends. Investor/donor class is calling the shots.

The bill is not revenue neutral and should not have been eligible for a simple majority vote with no debate.

Didn't they promise to take away the corporate tax breaks?

Oh shit if Trump presented a cure for all forms of cancer tomorrow his critics would say what took him so long.

LOL - yea - because fiscally irresponsible free-for-all on the back of deficits IS JUST LIKE curing cancer.

Oh go fuck yourself dipshit all you do is post paint by the numbers far left talking points. Your the classic example of the type of person I’m talking about it won’t matter what Trump says or does you will oppose it so do us both a favor and go waste someone else’s time with your pointless responses.

According to Goldman Sachs, the former employer of Trump's chief economic adviser, this tax bill will only increase growth 0.3% for 2018 and 2019 before either flat-lining, or producing negative growth beginning in 2020.

Goldman Sees U.S. Tax Cut Boosting Growth 0.3% Point in 2018-19
The U.S. Congress will probably pass tax-cut legislation within the next two weeks, ushering in reductions that will boost economic growth by around 0.3 percentage point for next year and 2019, according to estimates by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

Goldman Sachs doesn't think the Republican tax bill would be a big boost to the US economy
We note that the effect in 2020 and beyond looks minimal and could actually be slightly negative," the Goldman economists wrote.

Even Wall Street thinks this bill sucks.
Oh no, this bill will be very good for stocks.

U.S. investors target 'buyback stocks' in bet on Trump tax plan

But as you say, not so good for the economy

Yea, that is pretty much my take on it. Corporations have been borrowing money and also using cash to buy back stock. In a low or no growth environment they will do the same thing with the money saved on taxes. More fuel to expand this already bloated stock bubble, IMO.

Oh go fuck yourself dipshit all you do is post paint by the numbers far left talking points. Your the classic example of the type of person I’m talking about it won’t matter what Trump says or does you will oppose it so do us both a favor and go waste someone else’s time with your pointless responses.

Nonsense. I first and foremost oppose BAD POLICY.

I also EXPLAIN WHY I OPPOSE IT. And instead of trying to explain why YOU support this bad policy you are content posting bullshit about how I just don't like Trump enough.

To even equate the 2, is silly. He said there were barriers in place for legitimate buyers with legitimate loans. Many people were paying more in rent for years than if they had enough for a down payment to buy, given the option.

He never stated for banks to extend past what people could afford, or Fannie or Freddie to buy up and guarantee unqualified, subprime loans, etc , which is exactly what was going on. That was not the purpose of a Fannie or Freddie. They were to guarantee qualified loans. They then used derivatives to hedge their interest rate risks, and screwed the pooch.
By 2005, the GSE's were bit players in the subprime bubble. Only ignoramuses focus on that little splinter and ignore the giant beam that was the private sector firms which were the prime drivers of the global derivatives bubble.

Bush was dancing to Wall Street's tune. That was the whole point of him trying to limit the GSE portfolios. To lower the GSE market share so the private sector could explode theirs.

And Bush most certainly was removing barriers to subprime borrowers and stoking the bubble. Your bias is severely impacting your reading comprehension.

Christ, it's almost as if you fools never heard of Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns or AIG or Merrill Lynch and so forth and so on.

Last edited:
Oh no! Increased growth.

Not overall. By 2027, growth will flat-line or be negative. That's what Goldman Sachs says. You figure they'd want this tax cut more than anyone and would use any wild justification they can for it.

One guy said this and now it is all of Wall Street! Lol go back to your partisan hole.

Not one guy, the company. The company of Goldman Sachs is saying this. Goldman Sachs isn't a person, it's a company.

Since the tax plan was even contemplate the market has been on a tear!

The market was on a tear before this, having gone from 7,500 to over 20,000 during Obama.

Fact ever since the bill was being contemplated the market has been on a tear!

The market's been on a tear for nearly 8 years now. The words you're looking for are "thanks, Obama".

Forum List

Back