Even if burglar threatens you with gun, you can't shoot back

The problem with this story, if you get the whole story, is that he chased the burglar down and shot him in the back OFF his property. THAT is why he was charged. The headline I got on the story was that he shot him in self defense. Then when they went into the details, you realize he was chased down the street and shot.

The problem with this story, if you get the whole story, is that he chased the burglar down and shot him in the back OFF his property. THAT is why he was charged. The headline I got on the story was that he shot him in self defense. Then when they went into the details, you realize he was chased down the street and shot.

That's what I heard on 1010WINS.

In New York State, that's a crime.

The story never said this. The story never mentioned him chasing him down the street. Unless you have a link to another side of the story.

Another liberal lie.

In my state (Tennessee), once there is no longer a direct threat to one's life, all shooting (on the part of the victim, in this case the homeowner) must cease. This point was emphasized many times in my CCP classes.

In my state (Tennessee), once there is no longer a direct threat to one's life, all shooting (on the part of the victim, in this case the homeowner) must cease. This point was emphasized many times in my CCP classes.

howdy neighbor......i am in western nc.....where in tn are you? general location?

and yea once the threat is over you cannot shot...simple as that....

Surveillance video shows burglar has a gun, but the home owner still faces charges for firing back because one of the home invaders died.

Surveillance Video Shows Burglar Firing Into Home But Police Still Charge Resident For Shooting Back!

Depends on your state. Here in Missouri we have the Castle Amendment which allows shooting first to protect life, home, and property like your car. Don't have to give a warning or anything, someone breaks into your car, you can blow em away.

The story never said this. The story never mentioned him chasing him down the street. Unless you have a link to another side of the story.

Another liberal lie.

Not in this article, no, it didn't. But the information I read does detail that out, and that is why he was charged.

Another liberal lie.

You are awfully quick with the "liberal lie" charge.

The brothers chased the alleged burglars from the porch, and Youssef fired, striking a 33-year-old man from Roosevelt in the back. That man, Jazzmen Bryant, later died of his wounds.

Now, almost seven months later, Youssef Abdel-Gawad has been indicted on manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide charges.

“This is not why our founding fathers developed the system,” Ramy Abdel-Gawad said. “This is absolutely absurd to see a district attorney defending criminals.”

The District Attorney’s office said the man who died was shot in a neighbor’s backyard as he ran away. A pellet gun was recovered from the group of alleged burglars.
LI Man Facing Manslaughter Charge For Shooting, Killing Alleged Armed Burglar « CBS New York

Police conducted a seven month investigation into this..

The brothers chased the alleged burglars from the porch, and Youssef fired, striking a 33-year-old man from Roosevelt in the back. That man, Jazzmen Bryant, later died of his wounds.
Now, almost seven months later, Youssef Abdel-Gawad has been indicted on manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide charges.
“This is not why our founding fathers developed the system,” Ramy Abdel-Gawad said. “This is absolutely absurd to see a district attorney defending criminals.”
The District Attorney’s office said the man who died was shot in a neighbor’s backyard as he ran away. A pellet gun was recovered from the group of alleged burglars.

LI Man Facing Manslaughter Charge For Shooting, Killing Alleged Armed Burglar « CBS New York

I have to agree here that we need the whole story.. and unfortunately, with the state of our media, we either get the crybaby crowd where any legal owner of the firearm protecting themselves is wrong and angry and evil or whatever else.. or the Clint Eastwood crowd where they think it is like the movie version of the old west out there and any shooting is justified....

Like many many other times... I will wait for more accurate information to see everything that actually happened before making any judgement in this case

Another liberal lie.

Says the one of four burglars who actually was on the porch was chased away, with the others, and then shot in the neighbors yard as the were fleeing.

That's what I heard on 1010WINS.

In New York State, that's a crime.

Then he lives in the wrong State.

In Florida, if the burglar/robber has your personal property you are allowed to chase him and use whatever force is necessary to retrieve your property.

If I were chasing him and shot him, I PROMISE you, they would find my personal property on him.

See, people.... Even living in a dimocrap State is bad for you.

You need to think about that.

Oops, can't do that.

Even if burglar threatens you with gun, you can't shoot back

You have to wait until they throw popcorn at you. :D

Another liberal lie.

You are awfully quick with the "liberal lie" charge.

Police conducted a seven month investigation into this..

I've seen men get shot and continue to run for quite a distance.

Especially with a pussy-assed .38 and a hyped-up, frightened, adrenaline-filled young man.

Who's to say the good guy didn't shoot the dimocrap thief on his own property and the thief ran into the neighbor's yard?

I hope the defense Attorney has a brain. :dunno:

Like I said, in Florida the worst the good guy would get is a $20 fine for littering.

Forum List

Back