Evangelist Bill Graham hospitalized

We havent stumbled across any evidence of god either.

Why should that matter, at one point each religion also didnt have its "lore" created either.

Not small, one has a precedent established, the other does not. One has proven it can exist because it HAS existed, the other hasnt.

We have witness to their "beliefs" but not evidence that what they "believed" actually existed, happened or was the truth. Lets not forget other religions that predate some of more current ones and how they had gods that interacted with us humans....that would count as eyewitness accounts but no one has any problem accepting those gods and those events didnt really take place.

Just cause they "claim" it dosent make it true. They need to produce evidence and they havent. You can make claims but they arent accepted as truthful, valid or credible until you have produced the evidence to support them.

Again, they need to show evidence then. I can show evidence of a life existing on at least one planet.

Agnostic and Atheism derive their reality from one fact only, so many believe in somthing based on faith (zero evidence) so we need a term to describe those who DONT subscribe to that faith. Its why we dont have words for those who dont believe in pink unicorns.

Staying out of the controversy and going "middle of the road" is an appeasement position. I think you take the word appeasement as a negative but it isnt neccessarily so...its however you personally look at it I guess. Some would think its a good thing to do, others would find it negaive...it is what it is.

No there isnt. There are what people claim, there are gaps in our knowledge but there isnt evidence of a "god".

Ruby, would you attempt to talk sense to someone ensconced in a psychiatric institution because he consistently carries on conversations with a fictitious **** Commo - that he had conveniently tranformed into a fascistic capitalist to suit his hateful philosophy - in the firmament? I think not.

This is what you are faced with when you try talking sense to AmeriChristians. You do realize there are light-years between them and non-American Christians, don’t you?

Take it from me, Ruby. Before they appeared on our doorstep proselytising for their money-changer Christ, we furriners used to simply lampoon the absurd antics of Americhristians. Now we have had personal exposure to this filthy bacillus, we have finally became aware of the inseparable connection between America’s bi-partisan War Partei and its insane brand of Christinsanity.

Anyone with half a brain could see that the patently anti-authoritarian Christ wouldn’t piss up an American Proddie's (this includes AmeriCaffliks) arse if his guts were on fire.

In his book, Conservatives Without Conscience, John Dean, the onetime whistle blower of the infamous Nixon-Watergate affair, brilliantly summarizes the work of Bob Altmeyer, an outstanding social psychologist from the University of Manitoba, who has spent the past thirty years documenting the fact that individuals who tend to be politically conservative (the most extreme referred to as neoconservatives and nearly all Christian fundamentalists) possess an "authoritarian personality," a deeply imbedded predisposition to act in ways that oppose, are in essential conflict with, Jesus' command that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. According to such research, the neoconservatively-oriented Christian fundamentalist tends to:

oppose equality, be power-oriented (likely to dominate those they believe to be inferior and/or different from themselves, and to submit to those they have chosen to defer), highly prejudiced, pitiless, mean-spirited, militarily aggressive, chauvinistic, Republican, capitalist, socially-politically conservative, conventional (status quo oriented), highly religious, rather pious, trusting of untrustworthy leaders, narrow-minded, defensive, intolerant, bullying, dogmatic, hypocritical, highly self-righteous, able to entertain ideas that are highly contradictory, gripped by a rather low degree of self awareness (a seeming inability to understand the underlying dynamics of their own personality), and the possession of rather rigid patterns of thought (a tendency to think in terms of "black and white," rather than demonstrating a willingness to struggle with highly complex ideas or issues).

Go here

The Free World is starting to realize that Americhristians are a greater threat to world freedom than Genghis Khan and his Golden Horde ever were.

The time has come to exterminate this faux virtuous vermin from the face of the earth - before it establishes its Global Calvinazi Co-Prosperity Sphere!

Heil Henderson!

no...I responded to you, when you said:

But as matts points out, one poster was absolutely giddy over his death. That isn't what I'd call scrutinizing the man's beliefs in an objective discussion.

I see. So it is that you wish to take exception to the term I used? Fact is, your statement denotes satisfaction over another man's death, and is to the point of celebratory. You're happy the man died because you don't agree with his politics.

If "giddy" does not suit you, feel free to choose what you feel is a more accurate desciptive term.

I see. So it is that you wish to take exception to the term I used? Fact is, your statement denotes satisfaction over another man's death, and is to the point of celebratory. You're happy the man died because you don't agree with his politics.

If "giddy" does not suit you, feel free to choose what you feel is a more accurate desciptive term.

there is not one iota of celebration in my statement. I never met the man. I am neither happy nor sad about his death. It is a part of living and something none of us can escape. Jerry Falwell's time on earth came to an end. So what? I was merely stating an opinion as to where he should spend his afterlife given my views on the way he spent his life on earth. From my perspective, Jerry Falwell's prompt journey to hell would reconfirm my understanding of what my faith believes happens to people after lives spent like his. Giddy does not enter into the equation.

So if you say the sky is yellow, it's up to you to prove it's blue if I say you're wrong?

I think not.

Bottom line for me is that when someone makes a claim then it is up to that person to prove his claim. If a prosecutor says that someone committed a crime it is up to toe prosecutor to prove that he committed the crime. It does not fall upon the defendant to prove that he did not commit the crime. It is as simple as that.

Bottom line for me is that when someone makes a claim then it is up to that person to prove his claim. If a prosecutor says that someone committed a crime it is up to toe prosecutor to prove that he committed the crime. It does not fall upon the defendant to prove that he did not commit the crime. It is as simple as that.

exactly. which is why it is funny to see him dodge the very thread he used as evidence in his claim.
I hope gunny is not a lawyer.

Matts ....wake up, son. I made a general statement and mentioned no names. I hardly expected anyone to take PERSONAL offense. Imean, GMAFB. The story itself is really a non-issue unless you live and die by Billy Graham.

As I said before ... some people just need to pull the sticks out of their asses and try to have a sense a humor. Guess I should have known none of you SP, PC could ever manage to pull THAT off.

Im sure we'll remember that the next time someone makes a lionfood joke and sand gets in your panties because all you seem to see everywhere are "christian haters"

:rofl:

Matts ....wake up, son. I made a general statement and mentioned no names. I hardly expected anyone to take PERSONAL offense. Imean, GMAFB. The story itself is really a non-issue unless you live and die by Billy Graham.

As I said before ... some people just need to pull the sticks out of their asses and try to have a sense a humor. Guess I should have known none of you SP, PC could ever manage to pull THAT off.

No problem. I’m not upset. There is nothing personal about it. You, like so many other people, made a specific statement but when you were called to back it up, you couldn’t or wouldn’t do so. I like catching people who I suspect can’t prove their false or exaggerated statements. It is just my thing.

No problem. I’m not upset. There is nothing personal about it. You, like so many other people, made a specific statement but when you were called to back it up, you couldn’t or wouldn’t do so. I like catching people who I suspect can’t prove their false or exaggerated statements. It is just my thing.

LMAO. You think you caught me at something? Only thing I got caught at was thinking anyone here had a sense of humor, and you surely didn't do THAT.

I've damned sure worn your ass out enough that you KNOW the assertion you're making is BS.

"I've damned sure worn your ass out enough"

careful, gunny.. We are not asking so you don't need to tell...

just admit that you have egg on your face and move on. You were busted talking silly shit and was called to task for it and we all see you tap dancing.

Even if you lock this thread it will still be true.

"I've damned sure worn your ass out enough"

careful, gunny.. We are not asking so you don't need to tell...

just admit that you have egg on your face and move on. You were busted talking silly shit and was called to task for it and we all see you tap dancing.

Even if you lock this thread it will still be true.

Kind of hard to bust me talking silly shit when that was exactly how it was intended. A fact you keep refusing to accept because you just feel this need to attack me.

Probably that multi-faceted rant of yours I tore apart still bugging you. Get over it and move on, dude.

Im sure we'll remember that the next time someone makes a lionfood joke and sand gets in your panties because all you seem to see everywhere are "christian haters"

:rofl:

Doncha just love the Christian persecution complex – conveniently copied from their **** icons by the Moral Minority to put the Repubelickings in power – that completely reverses the hate equation?

How the very same self-righteous psalm-singers here, whose faith invented religious and race hatred, can so hypocritically and sanctimonious denounce their opponents as “Christian haters”? :rolleyes:

How these utterly counterfeit \!/’s can s-o-o conceitedly act out their class-based Pharisaic hatred of ‘sinners” - that their whimsical Chewsarse Crust absolutely abhorred - and claim they are doing “His” work?

How as soon as you drive an OT “sola scriptura” stake into their fetid fascistic chests, they faithlessly shape-change into NT only Nosferatus.

The thread on poofter interment is a classic example of the Biblical musical chairs these impostors continually play.

These haters are s-o-o ready to overlook that the death of divorced people, killers, paedophiles, and any other kind of ‘sinner” you care to mention, is celebrated in their “Don't ask, don't tell” cargo cultic churches, they forget their God’s injunction about straining out a gnat to swallow a camel.

Keep holding their holier-than-thou feet over their fantasized Hellfire, Shogun. The one thing these transparently contrived creeps can’t stand is getting hit with a ball of their own insufferably self-righteous shit. :clap2:

Doncha just love the Christian persecution complex – conveniently copied from their **** icons by the Moral Minority to put the Repubelickings in power – that completely reverses the hate equation?

How the very same self-righteous psalm-singers here, whose faith invented religious and race hatred, can so hypocritically and sanctimonious denounce their opponents as “Christian haters”? :rolleyes:

How these utterly counterfeit \!/’s can s-o-o conceitedly act out their class-based Pharisaic hatred of ‘sinners” - that their whimsical Chewsarse Crust absolutely abhorred - and claim they are doing “His” work?

How as soon as you drive an OT “sola scriptura” stake into their fetid fascistic chests, they faithlessly shape-change into NT only Nosferatus.

The thread on poofter internment is a classic example of the Biblical musical chairs these impostors continually play.

These haters are s-o-o ready to overlook that the death of divorced people, killers, paedophiles, and any other kind of ‘sinner” you care to mention, is celebrated in their “Don't ask, don't tell” cargo cultic churches, they forget their God’s injunction about straining out a gnat to swallow a camel.

Keep holding their holier-than-thou feet over their fantasized Hellfire, Shogun. The one thing these transparently contrived creeps can’t stand is getting hit with a ball of their own insufferably self-righteous shit. :clap2:

Let me guess ... you're not a Christian hater either?

7 pages and counting, Einsteins. Good to see y'all so f-ing smart. ;)

LMAO. You think you caught me at something? Only thing I got caught at was thinking anyone here had a sense of humor, and you surely didn't do THAT.

I've damned sure worn your ass out enough that you KNOW the assertion you're making is BS.

I wouldnt have expected you to fall back on the "it was just a joke"....thats so lame! You cant back up the statement, you tried to fudge it...that didnt work and now you are down to "it was just a joke"?!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHA! The real joke here is the dance you are doing to avoid revealing you are the type of coward who cant own up to making a mistake and admitting you were wrong.

I wouldnt have expected you to fall back on the "it was just a joke"....thats so lame! You cant back up the statement, you tried to fudge it...that didnt work and now you are down to "it was just a joke"?!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHA! The real joke here is the dance you are doing to avoid revealing you are the type of coward who cant own up to making a mistake and admitting you were wrong.

The problem with you and your ilk is, you jst can't accept a simple explanation when it's the truth.

You don't know jack shit. If I was TRULY set on hammering you dimwit Christain-haters, I'd do it and you would be able to do jakc shit but make lame-ass arguments and take incoming fire.

You couldn't take me on your best day and my worst. You're just "another" left-wingnut. Many have come before you and gone down just the same. When you can actually make a legit argument about something, let me know.

And WHO the fuck are YOU calling a coward? I didn't abandon MY nation because I didn't like who got voted in as President. Loser.

Forum List

Back