Evangelicals and Republicans proud of their influence in Russia and Uganda

R

rdean

Americans’ Role Seen in Uganda "Kill the Gays" Bill

The theme of the event, according to Stephen Langa, its Ugandan organizer, was “the gay agenda — that whole hidden and dark agenda” — and the threat homosexuals posed to Bible-based values and the traditional African family.

The visitors discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how “the gay movement is an evil institution” whose goal is “to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.”

Now the three Americans are finding themselves on the defensive, saying they had no intention of helping stoke the kind of anger that could lead to what came next: a bill to impose a death sentence for homosexual behavior.

Who's Helping Finance Uganda's 'Kill the Gays' Bill?

The "intellectual" fuel for this grotesque law came from Christian fundamentalists in the United States. According to The New York Times:

Much of Africa's anti-homosexuality movement is supported by American evangelicals, the Rev. Kapya Kaoma of Zambia wrote in 2009, who are keen to export the American "culture war" to new ground. Indeed, American evangelical Christians played a role in stirring the anti-homosexual sentiment that culminated in the initial legislation in Uganda.

-----------------------------------------

And in Russia?

-----------------------------------------

How US Evangelicals Helped Create Russia's Anti-Gay Movement

The World Congress of Families' Russian Network

Larry Jacobs, vice president of the Rockford, Illinois-based World Congress of Families (WCF), an umbrella organization for the US religious right's heavy hitters, told the audience that American evangelicals had a 40-year track record of "defending life and family" and they hoped to be "true allies" in Russia's traditional values crusade.

Since Jacobs first traveled to Russia for the Sanctity of Motherhood conference, he and his WCF colleagues have returned regularly to bolster Russia's nascent anti-gay movement—and to work with powerful Russian connections that they've acquired along the way. In 2014, the World Congress of Families will draw an international group of conservative activists together in Moscow, a celebratory convening that Jacobs foreshadowed on that first visit, when he ended his speech triumphantly: "Together, we can win!"

Since 2010, WCF has helped host at least five major gatherings in Russia where American evangelicals put their views before Russian audiences.

WCF has lent its support to anti-gay politics elsewhere in Eastern Europe—Serbia, Lithuania, Romania—but it has had its biggest and most notable successes in Russia. Indeed, the rise of anti-gay laws in Russia has mirrored, almost perfectly, the rise of WCF's work in the country, with 13 new anti-gay laws passed since Jacobs first traveled there. When I ask Jacobs if WCF's work has contributed to this pattern, he laughs and says, "Yes, I think that is accurate."

"The Russians," Jacobs has said, "might be the Christian saviors of the world."

"Putin is repeating our words," he boasts.

------------------------------------------------------

Considering that such a very small percentage of the population is gay, why do so many right wingers think if they can stop gay sex, people will have more children?

Are they saying gays will marry women and have children if they are scared about being killed? Do right wingers really want their daughter or sister to marry a gay?

Is going after gays a "stepping stone" before going after other minorities?

Plenty of evangelicals in the Democratic Party also. African Americans majority have unfavorable opinion of gays.
But that does not fit well with the PC liberal crowd as they give them a free pass.

ONLY WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION COUNTS FOR ANYTHING!! little man's ideas are worthless trash!

ONLY WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION COUNTS FOR ANYTHING!! little man's ideas are worthless trash!

Then what is this love thy neighbor crap?

Love your neighbor enough to give them the truth and warn them of the cost of being God rejectors and lovers of sin as the wages of sin is death and hell.

Love your neighbor enough to give them the truth and warn them of the cost of being God rejectors and lovers of sin as the wages of sin is death and hell.

Feeling scared and I fell to my knees
As something rushed me from the trees
Took me to an unholy place
And that is where I fell from grace

Then they summoned me over to join in with them
To the dance of the dead
Into the circle of fire I followed them
Into the middle I was led

\m/

But kill, imprison or discriminate against those not towing the line?

But kill, imprison or discriminate against those not towing the line?

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. Romans 1:26_

We are in shooting wars, have passed 17 trillion and growing debt to our kids to fund the growing moocher class, parents are not educating their kids and folks are worried about the gay boogeyman.
More and more the religious right are making damn fools of themselves.
And we wonder why we keep getting our asses kicked come election time.

Plenty of evangelicals in the Democratic Party also. African Americans majority have unfavorable opinion of gays.
But that does not fit well with the PC liberal crowd as they give them a free pass.

Evangelicals in the Democratic Party?

By Religious Affiliation | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

Couldn't find much information on it. PEW says 27% lean towards the Democratic Party, but that doesn't mean vote Democratic every time.

And while some blacks don't like gays, some gays don't like blacks. Some blacks don't like Hispanics. Some Hispanics don't like Muslims. Some Muslims don't like Hindus. And some Democratic poor think the educated are snobs.

That's why we call the Democratic Party a coalition party. Because even though there are so many different kinds of people, they pretty much work together. Unlike the GOP which is 90% white and Christian. Republicans just follow their leader.

Look at how many GOP policies we've discussed right here on the USMB and how many Republicans say those very same policies, which we prove with video and direct quotes, are lies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back