EV road tax on it's way, assuming you can charge !

Open the hood of my Hyundai Accent and unplug the speed sensor connector from the transaxle. Total time: maybe 45 seconds. Will not add mileage. On my Duster, pull the gauge cluster (6 screws) and disconnect the speedometer cable. Total time: about 5 minutes.
Looks like no mileage tax for you.

Because no one is paying road taxes based on mileage today? Yes. I must be crazy. :rolleyes:
Yup, it's based on emissions. As the UK government can't charge a 'Road Tax', it's a Vehicle Excise Duty, which you'll probably know anyhow.

As an EV is full of electronics and computers, I suppose the car could report your mileage for tax purposes. As you drive about, the car sends the data out, and as you pass sensors along road junctions, the data is collected.

I'll be retired and EV free by the time all this crap kicks off, just sticking to diesel.

Because the average EV IS a little shitcan? Just that they cost six times as much and only last ten years.
But you were comparing mass. That requires you avoid such obviously biased choices and do nothing, really, but make you look ignorant and deceitful.

Forum List

Back