EV chargers are not being built and not planned to be built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libby von H

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2023
People in England are getting a great laugh out of this

Biden's electric road to nowhere: Two years after he vowed to spend $7.5 billion building 500,000 charging stations only SEVEN have been plugged in​

• Only seven electric vehicle charging stations built with Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funds are currently operational
  • $5 billion was allocated to go toward the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program
PUBLISHED: 17:17 EDT, 29 March 2024

America has been subjected to political pressure against EV's and it stopped trying to be the leader in the markets. Since that, China has taken over the market and there's no chance of America catching up, even if America wanted to be involved.

It's become a question on whether America made a wise choice?

Biden's electric road to nowhere: Two years after he vowed to spend $7.5 billion building 500,000 charging stations only SEVEN have been plugged in​

• Only seven electric vehicle charging stations built with Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funds are currently operational
  • $5 billion was allocated to go toward the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program
I'm surprised they're up to seven. The last time I looked they had built one. It's hard to find anybody who will even quote the average cost to install a home charging station or commercial charging station.

So $7+ billion would buy almost seventy million of those huh. Are there 70 million EVs on the road? No. More like something over 10 million EVS are on the road world wide.

More illustration of how government doing ANYTHING that should be left to the private sector is hugely inefficient and enormously more expensive.

Yes there is a serious shortage of them. They are very expensive....they break down frequently....annnnnd copper thieves will cut the heavy leads to get at the metal.

I imagine if you want to compare apples and oranges.

Are you arguing gas cans can replace gas stations?
Nope. But you can call AAA and they'll come out with a gas can and have you on your way in about five minutes. But if you're driving an EV they send out a generator truck almost certain fueled by fossil fuels and likely several hours before you're back on the road.

You're the one who answered my post with the price for a portable charger. And you object when I point out how all the EV owners in America having one would be a tiny fraction of the $7 billion the government has allocated for charging stations?

THREAD LOCKED - Violates the rules for starting a thread.
1711825482755.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back