Europe's Forthcoming Energy Crisis - President Trump Warned Germany About Reliance On Russia - They Laughed. They Won't Be Laughing This Winter.

Europe is in the middle of storing gas...

Every EU country met there target of 60% by Sept 1st except Latvia who were caught out by a swift cut by Russia but they will catch up.

EU target for start of winter is 80%. This will is very achievable and EU is getting countries to share capacity. Republican led Texas could take a tip here.

EU target for next year is 90%.

This should serve them pretty well, as they know they would have enough gas to get them to March 1st at least if there is total ban on Russian gas and low winds...

This is how smart Governmet reacts... Please lets compare this to the Republican led Texas....
Please provide a reference for you numbers. I am skeptical that it is even possible to store 80% of gas supply, but I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

In order to store 80%, you have to first import it or produce it, and its a huge amount. I see imports dropping. Thus, my skepticism (for these two reasons).

Thanks.

Last edited:
😂 Putin is extremely stupid. He can't win.
I hope that you are correct, but in this thread you have called both Trump and Putin stupid, and that does not seem like a smart statement to me.

I will skip my standard reply about why Trump is brilliant. I am sure I could come up with lots of reasons why Putin is smart too.

If you are smarter then them, you should run for office. Be sure to let us know when you do. :)

Maybe you are too smart for political office, and instead do Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, or Steven Hawking things. :)

Thank you, but you got it so wrong.

You said, "Germany gets about 20-25% of their gas from Russia (and the Stans).."

Your link says "Before the start of Russia’s war in Ukraine, just over half (55%) of gas consumed in Germany was imported from Russia."

Every EU country met there target of 60% by Sept 1st except Latvia who were caught out by a swift cut by Russia but they will catch up.

EU target for start of winter is 80%. This will is very achievable and EU is getting countries to share capacity. Republican led Texas could take a tip here.

This should serve them pretty well, as they know they would have enough gas to get them to March 1st at least if there is total ban on Russian gas and low winds...

This is how smart Governmet reacts... Please lets compare this to the Republican led Texas....
And when the "stored gas" supply is exhausted as well?

And NEXT winter?

And the winter beyond THAT?

This is about the Europeans not understanding ( or not wanting to believe, or turning a blind-eye towards ) the nature of Vladimir Putin and his regime.

When you make yourself dependent upon a bully strong-man and then the bully does the predictable and squeezes you, you get screwed-over big-time.

Western Europe spent 50+ years crouching under the American Shield and not having to do the Heavy Lifting on their own defense.

Fun-time's over.

The irresponsibility of European planners and energy developers has finally caught up with them.

This is the result of Europe's collective lack of courage and foresight in their dealings with Putin's Russia.

They're gonna be burnin' a lot more coal and wood this coming winter than they have been in the past few decades.

Meanwhile, they'd be well-advised to begin a joint collective crash building program for new nuclear and solar and wind plants for generating power.

That, and better-exploiting whatever is to be had from the oil reserves of the North Sea, etc.

Please provide a reference for you numbers. I am skeptical that it is even possible to store 80% of gas supply, but I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

In order to store 80%, you have to first import it or produce it, and its a huge amount. I see imports dropping. Thus, my skepticism (for these two reasons).

Thanks.

And when the "stored gas" supply is exhausted as well?

And NEXT winter?

And the winter beyond THAT?

This is about the Europeans not understanding ( or not wanting to believe, or turning a blind-eye towards ) the nature of Vladimir Putin and his regime.

When you make yourself dependent upon a bully strong-man and then the bully does the predictable and squeezes you, you get screwed-over big-time.

Western Europe spent 50+ years crouching under the American Shield and not having to do the Heavy Lifting on their own defense.

Fun-time's over.

The irresponsibility of European planners and energy developers has finally caught up with them.

This is the result of Europe's collective lack of courage and foresight in their dealings with Putin's Russia.

They're gonna be burnin' a lot more coal and wood this coming winter than they have been in the past few decades.

Meanwhile, they'd be well-advised to begin a joint collective crash building program for new nuclear and solar and wind plants for generating power.

That, and better-exploiting whatever is to be had from the oil reserves of the North Sea, etc.
Russia only supplies 40% of EU gas.

There are other suppliers and a lot is used to produccce electricity and they moving production to other alternatives.

There was a plan to have a pipeline from Quatar through Kurdish region o Syria but that got scumpered...

They are building alternatives for years... This is a hiccup more than a full strangle hold, gas prices dropped this week in Europe

I hope that you are correct, but in this thread you have called both Trump and Putin stupid, and that does not seem like a smart statement to me.

I will skip my standard reply about why Trump is brilliant. I am sure I could come up with lots of reasons why Putin is smart too.

If you are smarter then them, you should run for office. Be sure to let us know when you do. :)

Maybe you are too smart for political office, and instead do Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, or Steven Hawking things. :)

Trump has an average IQ, very little education and severe dyslexia.. he can't read and has a very short attention span. Most people are smarter than Trump.

Putin is on an ego trip. I laughed when Putin said he got so tired of explaining things to Trump over and over again.

There are other suppliers and a lot is used to produccce electricity and they moving production to other alternatives.

There was a plan to have a pipeline from Quatar through Kurdish region o Syria but that got scumpered...

They are building alternatives for years... This is a hiccup more than a full strangle hold, gas prices dropped this week in Europe

Less than 25% of Europe's natural gas.

Trump is just unbelievably stupid.
Yeah, Trump is so stupid that even though he was just another stupid American president, he warned Germany that they were endangering their population by relying so heavily on Russia, and now it is all coming true just four years later.

PBS had the nerve to fact check Trump at the time, and they focused on Trump saying "energy" as opposed to "gas." They also literally called his comments an "attack on Germany," when he was trying to help them. What a joke....

The German press slammed him too. DW.com even noted that Germans fear Trump more than Putin!

What you should notice here is that the Press everywhere in the world cares less about your well being than Former President Donald Trump.

And these brilliant journalists aren't half as smart as he is.

Regards,
Jim

Yeah, Trump is so stupid that even though he was just another stupid American president, he warned Germany that they were endangering their population by relying so heavily on Russia, and now it is all coming true just four years later.

PBS had the nerve to fact check Trump at the time, and they focused on Trump saying "energy" as opposed to "gas." They also literally called his comments an "attack on Germany," when he was trying to help them. What a joke....

The German press slammed him too. DW.com even noted that Germans fear Trump more than Putin!

What you should notice here is that the Press everywhere in the world cares less about your well being than Former President Donald Trump.

And these brilliant journalists aren't half as smart as he is.

Regards,
Jim

Trump was trying to sell US natural gas to Europe. Don't you remember?

Forty-percent is a huge-a$$ed chunk of the total...

They may very well have had "plans" for such things for years... doesn't matter if Vlad caught 'em flat-footed and reduced their supply by 40% with the stroke of a pen, eh?

They should have begun planning and EXECUTING much, much sooner... had they done so, they would not be in their present dilemma, yes?

It's not like they didn't know... many years ago... that this was going to happen at some point down the road.

Well... they've reached that fork in the road, and they're unprepared.

Sux to be them.

Germany gets about 20-25% of their gas from Russia (and the Stans).. I'm wondering what Russia is going to do with that gas and that very expensive Nordstream2 pipeline. I mean Russia can't eat that gas. Trump doesn't know shit from shinola.

~~~~~~
I suggest you check your numbers.. According to other sources Germany gets at least 40% of its fuel needs from Russia.

**********​
**********​

Thanks for the links.

There is a big difference between filling 80% of storage capacity and storing 80% of needed Winter supply.

My skepticism remains.

I think that the fact that gas prices in Europe have skyrocketed already will tell you everything you need to know about the amount of storage capacity they have.

Really?

So why is everything being shut down in the middle of Summer?

Soon you might be able to state that 0% of EU gas is supplied by Russia. I am not thinking that will be a happy data point from the EU perspective.

It's too bad that Trump is not POTUS right now. Like how he sent hospital ships to the NYC and LA harbors during the pandemic, he would be mobilizing American energy production right now to help Europe's populace survive the coming crisis.

Meanwhile, Biden is doing squat.

Trump was trying to sell US natural gas to Europe. Don't you remember?
It's an utterly fantastic idea. Imagine how we would be in a different place today.

Gas prices in Europe currently up ten fold. We would be making money hand over fist, and Europe would be paying less. Win-win.

It may have even help avoid the war, although Trump's strong leadership might have been sufficient alone.

Thanks for the reminder of not only how brilliantly prophetic the America First POTUS was. :)

I wonder why it is Trumpers need to spend every day hoping for some kind of disaster to happen.
LOL...like we really need to "hope" that you liberals will create some kind of disaster, Joey! Our biggest problem is keeping track of them all! The Afghan pullout? The border? Fentanyl overdoses? Baby formula shortages? Gas prices nearly double? Violent crime out of control? Rolling blackouts? Inflation at record highs?
At this point...we're just hoping we make it through until November so we can vote you idiots out of office and return some sanity to Washington!

You do realize nobody believes you, Ted? France is starting up the nuclear reactors it shut down. Other EU nations are reversing anti fossil fuel legislation. They know they screwed up getting in bed with the Russians and now they're scrambling to keep from freezing this winter!

Forum List

Back