Europe's Forthcoming Energy Crisis - President Trump Warned Germany About Reliance On Russia - They Laughed. They Won't Be Laughing This Winter.

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Trump in 2018:

“Reliance on a single foreign supplier can leave a nation vulnerable to extortion and intimidation. That is why we congratulate European states, such as Poland, for leading the construction of a Baltic pipeline so that nations are not dependent on Russia to meet their energy needs,” Trump said. “Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course.”

“It’s very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia. Where, you’re supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia,” Trump said. “So we’re supposed to protect you against Russia, but they’re paying billions of dollars to Russia, and I think that’s very inappropriate.”

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they will be getting 60-70% of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline, and you tell me if that’s appropriate, and I think it’s not.”

Here is a short video of the German delegation at the UN laughing at Trump when he said the words in the first paragraph above...

As usual, Trump called this one right, and it's going to be perhaps the most important issue that many European countries experience this Winter. People are likely to die.

Germany is starting to realize that Trump was right. Although they plan to shut down their last remaining nuclear plants this year, they recently announced that they will keep two on standby just in case....

The crisis has already begun despite it still being summer. Gas prices have already increased ten-fold...

France exports electricity to other European nations, including Germany. Half of its nukes are currently off-line for maintenance, and if they don't get back to power by Winter, the crisis will be exacerbated.

Smart Germans (aren't they all) are stockpiling firewood. Wood stoves and firewood are in short supply for most. Who would have thought that there were "preppers" in sophisticated First-World Germany?!

We Americans will hopefully learn a lesson from this. While Dems here will say that the current Admin is doing a great job on domestic energy supply, I think we all know that our Commander in Chief had declared a war on fossil fuels, and he is following through on it, telling us that we are going through "a great transition" to cleaner energy from windmills and solar panels which have no chance in the near term of supplying adequate amounts of energy.

When the crisis comes to Europe this Winter, we should all take note as we watch parts of Europe revert to the Dark Ages, and we should take action by contacting our Representatives in Congress and demand that they take action to prevent America from turning back the clock a hundred years.

Last edited:
Germany just shut down its aluminum smelting plants due to crazy energy costs.
As more and more energy intensive manufacturing plants shut down, what will happen?

Fewer Mercedes? Fewer BMWs? Fewer Audis? Mass layoffs? People unable to pay for utilities?

Lessen to America, Trump knows energy, just ask Germany.

Trump in 2018:

“Reliance on a single foreign supplier can leave a nation vulnerable to extortion and intimidation. That is why we congratulate European states, such as Poland, for leading the construction of a Baltic pipeline so that nations are not dependent on Russia to meet their energy needs,” Trump said. “Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course.”

“It’s very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia. Where, you’re supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia,” Trump said. “So we’re supposed to protect you against Russia, but they’re paying billions of dollars to Russia, and I think that’s very inappropriate.”

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they will be getting 60-70% of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline, and you tell me if that’s appropriate, and I think it’s not.”

Here is a short video of the German delegation at the UN laughing at Trump when he said the words in the first paragraph above...

As usual, Trump called this one right, and it's going to be perhaps the most important issue that many European countries experience this Winter. People are likely to die.

Germany is starting to realize that Trump was right. Although they plan to shut down their last remaining nuclear plants this year, they recently announced that they will keep two on standby just in case....

The crisis has already begun despite it still being summer. Gas prices have already increased ten-fold...

France exports electricity to other European nations, including Germany. Half of them are currently off-line for maintenance, and if they don't get back to power by Winter, the crisis will be exacerbated.

Smart Germans (aren't they all) are stockpiling firewood. Wood stoves and firewood are in short supply for most. Who would have thought that there were "preppers" in sophisticated First-World Germany?!

We Americans will hopefully learn a lesson from this. While Dems here will say that the current Admin is doing a great job on domestic energy supply, I think we all know that our Commander in Chief had declared a war on fossil fuels, and he is following through on it, telling us that we are going through "a great transition" to cleaner energy from windmills and solar panels which have no chance in the near term of supplying adequate amounts of energy.

When the crisis comes to Europe this Winter, we should all take note as we watch parts of Europe revert to the Dark Ages, and we should take action by contacting our Representatives in Congress and demand that they take action to prevent America from turning back the clock a hundred years.

Germany gets about 20-25% of their gas from Russia (and the Stans).. I'm wondering what Russia is going to do with that gas and that very expensive Nordstream2 pipeline. I mean Russia can't eat that gas. Trump doesn't know shit from shinola.

I wonder why it is Trumpers need to spend every day hoping for some kind of disaster to happen.
Riddle me this,
Why when Trump told Germany NOT to depend on Putin for energy, the Germans laughed at him?
Now they are over a barrel and the winter is coming.

Then riddle me this,
Why when democrats were told not to declare war on energy, to remain energy independent, they didn't listen? Now CA is having blackouts and there aren't even millions of new EVs hammering the power grid. Democrats put green ideology over responsible power planning. Democrats don't understand how to build powerplants

Last edited:
Germany gets about 20-25% of their gas from Russia (and the Stans).. I'm wondering what Russia is going to do with that gas and that very expensive Nordstream2 pipeline. I mean Russia can't eat that gas. Trump doesn't know shit from shinola.
They just don’t pump the gas. Are you fucking stupid?

Riddle me this,
Why when Trump told Germany NOT to depend on Putin for energy, the Germans laughed at him?

Then riddle me this,
Why when democrats were told not to declare war on energy, to remain energy independent, they didn't listen? Now CA is having blackouts and there aren't even millions of new EV hammering the power grid. Democrats put green ideology over responsible power planning..
Merkel and the dems are putin’s puppets

They just don’t pump the gas. Are you fucking stupid?

Gas comes from oil wells. Maybe they'll store it but storing gas above ground is for fools. Maybe they'll flare it off like they did before they built that extremely expensive Nordstream2 pipeline. That's double the waste. I thought Putin was smart. Apparently I was wrong.

Gas comes from oil wells. Maybe they'll store it but storing gas above ground is for fools. Maybe they'll flare it off like they did before they built that extremely expensive Nordstream2 pipeline. That's double the waste. I thought Putin was smart. Apparently I was wrong.
Crude comes from wells. You just stop pumping. It’s a simple fucking concept.

Trump in 2018:

France exports electricity to other European nations, including Germany. Half of them are currently off-line for maintenance, and if they don't get back to power by Winter, the crisis will be exacerbated.

I forgot to mention....

Five of Six nuclear reactors in Europe's largest nuclear plant in the Ukraine are currently disconnected from the grid....

CERN will be shutting it Large Halon Collider to saver energy....

Switzerland is considering huge fines or worse for people who set their heat higher than 19C (66F)....

Could you imagine this coming to America? It could. Just look at California at the moment, where 2% of the population drives electric cars, but they are told not to charge them in the afternoon because they have shut down their nuclear plants to appease the Green lobby...

don’t you get he’d rather burn it, and let Europe suffer?

Europe is in the middle of storing gas...

Every EU country met there target of 60% by Sept 1st except Latvia who were caught out by a swift cut by Russia but they will catch up.

EU target for start of winter is 80%. This will is very achievable and EU is getting countries to share capacity. Republican led Texas could take a tip here.

EU target for next year is 90%.

This should serve them pretty well, as they know they would have enough gas to get them to March 1st at least if there is total ban on Russian gas and low winds...

This is how smart Governmet reacts... Please lets compare this to the Republican led Texas....

Forum List

Back