Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
Well, then stop responding to and reading my posts and letting yourself get so upset by them. The fact of the matter is, washing a person's feet doesn't help them in any REAL way. It is just another silly superstition.

Isn't this a public forum? I'm not in the least upset by you as I find you to be ...

I'm not in the least bit upset. Why should I be? Sorry, but I will continue to post my views about religion. If you don't like, then you are free to not read it. :D

Thak]
I didn't mock them. I just stated a fact that it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Try to learn what mocking someone means.

Why don't you post an example. The point is that washing a condemned person's feet isn't doing anything to help their situation. End of story.

You're recalcitrant.

Sorry, I just found your post of "washing feet" to be silly and off topic. Now, those are condemned men who are still being condemned to death by people who call themselves "religious." Hypocritical is what you people are. Nothing more, and you aren't anything special. If there was a "god" he would be disgusted, I'm sure.

Have a good day!

Bye-bye now.

And? Washing feet proves what exactly?

It is symbolic of what Christ did for his disciples. It is an example to serve one another in lowliness of heart and mind, seeking to build one another up in humility and love; to be the server and not the served.

And? What did he actually DO for those people?

Instead of being cynical and snide, why don't you visualize, if you can, what it meant to the apostles, who walked barefoot with dirty feet to have someone whom they considered to be their Savior humble himself to wash their feet. It was customary to wash your feet before eating.
Now, visualize, if you can, what it meant for the prisoners to have their feet washed by the Pope, the Vicar of Christ,

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I'm sure they are quite capable of washing their own feet. That is just being ridiculous and has nothing to do with the topic.

You're childish and unable to feel empathy.
The Pope, the Vicar for Christ, became a servant and washed the feet of the outcast, the prisoners, as an act of love.
The Pope, the Vicar for Christ

:uhoh3:

now back to reality

Well, to be fair, sometimes religion does do some good in the world, like with charity and other such things, but their views are totally backwards, regressive, against any kind of progress, and they rebuke the truth and reality. They have also caused a lot of trouble and mayhem in the world and can be very "exclusionary." If the people who post on this forum are any kind of representation of what religion is all about, I can do without it being a part of MY life.

I believe the answer is, NOT MARRIED, NO SEX!. That shouldn't be impossible in a "modern" society where humans don't consider themselves animals. The problem isn't unwanted babies among the married couples. The problem is unwanted babies among the unmarried.

Married people also get abortions for various PERSONAL reasons that aren't any of your business, nor is it any of your concern to stick your nose into their business.
The vast majority of abortions are performed on unmarried women. Are you denying this? I don't stick my nose in anyone's business unless they are creating a foul odor that I can't escape.

It's like gay marriage. Everything seems OK until the gay couple go to a baker, photographer, bed and breakfast establishment, and a minister who accepts such behavior is sinful and without social merit.

It like the guy who thinks walking around nude is natural and parents cringe at the thought of him walking around the playground.

I fully realize that there are cases where a life is sacrificed for a life. It is when people make excuses for their own behavior patterns at the expense of what is right I find selfish and unreasonable.

It's not your business what other people do. Worry about your own sins and take care of yourself.
But what if it is considered sinful to hire an unmarried pregnant woman. Her sins then becomes someone else's sin.

I believe the answer is, NOT MARRIED, NO SEX!. That shouldn't be impossible in a "modern" society where humans don't consider themselves animals. The problem isn't unwanted babies among the married couples. The problem is unwanted babies among the unmarried.
for a Troll sincerity is a blessing ... all single mothers should be put in Jail !!!!

Single mothers should not be put in jail, bur all rapists should be.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
Well, to be fair, sometimes religion does do some good in the world, like with charity and other such things, but their views are totally backwards, regressive, against any kind of progress, and they rebuke the truth and reality. They have also caused a lot of trouble and mayhem in the world and can be very "exclusionary." If the people who post on this forum are any kind of representation of what religion is all about, I can do without it being a part of MY life.
Most colleges, universities, hospitals, orphanages, alcoholic/drug rehab centers, pregnant women shelters, and even soup kitchens were the result of "backward" Christian intervention.

At conception, is the being in a woman's body "alive"?

Is it anything other than human?

A dandelion is alive.

The Question is at what point after conception is this potential human being precious enough to warrant protecting it over the wishes of the mother or the father.

The Question is at what point does the government have the authority to step in on behalf of a potential human being and demand the child is in fact a child with the same rights as any other human being.

Another Question is at what point does a stranger with religious conviction have any say in the process of saving or aborting an unwanted pregnancy.

Does a sexual relationship no matter how brief imply the responsibility for the female to carry a conception to term and the male the responsibility to fund the potential child to it's 18th birthday?

Do the parents of the participants in the sexual relationship that conceived the conception have any rights?

What I am asking is for us to think more deeply than "pro life and pro choice".

for a Troll sincerity is a blessing ... all single mothers should be put in Jail !!!!

Single mothers should not be put in jail, bur all rapists should be.
Little Nip: Single mothers should not be put in jail ...

kindness is a virtue, and while you are at it why not toss the legal document binding you to your partner and live as though you are no different than anyone else and see how long you stay together ....

Married people also get abortions for various PERSONAL reasons that aren't any of your business, nor is it any of your concern to stick your nose into their business.
The vast majority of abortions are performed on unmarried women. Are you denying this? I don't stick my nose in anyone's business unless they are creating a foul odor that I can't escape.

It's like gay marriage. Everything seems OK until the gay couple go to a baker, photographer, bed and breakfast establishment, and a minister who accepts such behavior is sinful and without social merit.

It like the guy who thinks walking around nude is natural and parents cringe at the thought of him walking around the playground.

I fully realize that there are cases where a life is sacrificed for a life. It is when people make excuses for their own behavior patterns at the expense of what is right I find selfish and unreasonable.

It's not your business what other people do. Worry about your own sins and take care of yourself.
But what if it is considered sinful to hire an unmarried pregnant woman. Her sins then becomes someone else's sin.

Here is the problem with religion in a nutshell. What a disgusting comment! Shame on you!

The Constitution says that all persons have a right to their life, right to due process and the right to the equal protections of our laws. It is you who is distorting that which the Constitution says...
Regarding the US Constitution, instead of focusing on what it does not say, can you show us what is says about the unborn "person"? No? LOL!
In the Roe/Wade case, SCOTUS decided "that the word 'person,' as used in the Fourteenth Amendment, does not include the unborn."
---
Let's clarify Constitutional references to the UNborn ...
I believe Hillary knows the law; has anyone with a legal degree disputed her statements?

Todd: When, or if, does an unborn child have constitutional rights?

Clinton: Well, under our laws, currently, that is not something that exists. The unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights. Now that doesn`t mean that we don’t do everything we possibly can in the vast majority of instances to, you know, help a mother who is carrying a child and wants to make sure that child will be healthy, to have appropriate medical support. It doesn’t mean that you don’t do everything possible to try to fulfill your obligations, but it does not include sacrificing the woman’s right to make decisions. And I think that’s an important distinction that under Roe v. Wade we’ve had enshrined under our Constitution.

Hillary Clinton: ‘The Unborn Person Doesn’t Have Constitutional Rights’

I did not think of Hillary as a Libertarian, but she is having me rethink ...

"I have traveled all over the world. I have seen what happens when governments make these decisions whether it was forced sterilization, forced abortion in China, or forced childbearing in Communist Romania.

So, I don't think that we should be allowing the government to make decisions that really properly belong to the individual."

"I have traveled all over the world. I have seen what happens when governments make these decisions whether it was forced sterilization, forced abortion in China, or forced childbearing in Communist Romania.

So, I don't think that we should be allowing the government to make decisions that really properly belong to the individual."

Hillary *puke*. She is very dishonest. She says what she knows people want to hear of course. She's a politician. :D

Hillary *puke*. She is very dishonest. She says what she knows people want to hear of course. She's a politician. :D
---
Yes, ALL politicians say what they want their voters to hear, but an informed voter can cut thru most BS if they examine what a politician says & esp does AS A WHOLE pattern.

I have no reason to disbelieve her libertarian statements from last week (her position on abortion).
If it comes down to Clinton vs Trump, i believe Hillary is a lesser problem overall.

Last edited:

---
Yes, ALL politicians say what they want their voters to hear, but an informed voter can cut thru most BS if they examine what a politician says & esp does AS A WHOLE pattern.

I have no reason to disbelieve her libertarian statements from last week (her position on abortion).
If it comes down to Clinton vs Trump, i believe Hillary is a lesser problem overall.

If it comes down between the two of them, I don't think I'll be voting. I couldn't, with good conscience, vote for either of them.

---

If it comes down between the two of them, I don't think I'll be voting. I couldn't, with good conscience, vote for either of them.
---
I understand. I've been registered as an Independent for 30 years and have not voted many times myself.

---

Vote even if you vote a write in candidate.

---

Vote even if you vote a write in candidate.

Well, because so many people fall for the "don't vote 3rd party because they don't have a chance" perhaps I will do that just to be a rebel. Lol. :D

Forum List

Back