Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

And? Washing feet proves what exactly?

It is symbolic of what Christ did for his disciples. It is an example to serve one another in lowliness of heart and mind, seeking to build one another up in humility and love; to be the server and not the served.

What do you mean by "lowliness" of heart and mind? Sorry, but washing feet doesn't do that. It is just another silly religious thing.

As I said, it is symbolic (do you know what that means?)
Lowliness of heart and mind would be a feeling of not being important; worthy.
I assume you are an atheist, therefore, it's possible you do not acknowledge a higher power than yourself, which would most likely circumvent your humility; otherwise, you would not so readily and easily mock others.

If you find me sharing my "beliefs" as being mocking, then that's your problem.

That washing of the feet thing doesn't really mean anything. Sorry about that.

Sorry, but I haven't read what your beliefs are; however, you have mocked Jesus and the Pope for washing the feet of others, and believe me, you are not my problem.

It is symbolic of what Christ did for his disciples. It is an example to serve one another in lowliness of heart and mind, seeking to build one another up in humility and love; to be the server and not the served.

And? What did he actually DO for those people?

Instead of being cynical and snide, why don't you visualize, if you can, what it meant to the apostles, who walked barefoot with dirty feet to have someone whom they considered to be their Savior humble himself to wash their feet. It was customary to wash your feet before eating.
Now, visualize, if you can, what it meant for the prisoners to have their feet washed by the Pope, the Vicar of Christ,

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I'm sure they are quite capable of washing their own feet. That is just being ridiculous and has nothing to do with the topic.

You're childish and unable to feel empathy.
The Pope, the Vicar for Christ, became a servant and washed the feet of the outcast, the prisoners, as an act of love.

I have plenty of empathy. The fact of the matter is that washing a person's feet doesn't really help them at all, unless they can't reach their own feet to wash them. Means nothing at all.

You're missing the message.

What do you mean by "lowliness" of heart and mind? Sorry, but washing feet doesn't do that. It is just another silly religious thing.

I assume you are an atheist, therefore, it's possible you do not acknowledge a higher power than yourself, which would most likely circumvent your humility; otherwise, you would not so readily and easily mock others.

Sorry, but I haven't read what your beliefs are; however, you have mocked Jesus and the Pope for washing the feet of others, and believe me, you are not my problem.

I didn't mock them. I just stated a fact that it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Well, then stop responding to and reading my posts and letting yourself get so upset by them. The fact of the matter is, washing a person's feet doesn't help them in any REAL way. It is just another silly superstition.

Why are religious people so hostile and have no sense of humor? :eusa_eh: That is telling in and of itself, I think.

I'm not a religious person, but I do try to be respectful and kind to others.
I possess a great sense of humor, but I don't think you would understand it since you can't comprehend what's going on around you.

I didn't mock them. I just stated a fact that it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Try to learn what mocking someone means.

Well, then stop responding to and reading my posts and letting yourself get so upset by them. The fact of the matter is, washing a person's feet doesn't help them in any REAL way. It is just another silly superstition.

Isn't this a public forum? I'm not in the least upset by you as I find you to be ...

Why are religious people so hostile and have no sense of humor? :eusa_eh: That is telling in and of itself, I think.

I'm not a religious person, but I do try to be respectful and kind others.
I possess a great sense of humor, but I don't think you would understand it since you can't comprehend what's going on around you.

Examples? I'm just being honest. If that bothers you . . . oh well. Lol. :D I certainly comprehend what is going on around me. I don't believe for a moment that you aren't a religious person. If you weren't, you wouldn't put so much stock into someone washing another person's feet! Good grief! Get a grip. That isn't helping them in the big picture.

Isn't this a public forum? I'm not in the least upset by you as I find you to be ...

I'm not in the least bit upset. Why should I be? Sorry, but I will continue to post my views about religion. If you don't like, then you are free to not read it. :D

Examples? I'm just being honest. If that bothers you . . . oh well. Lol. :D I certainly comprehend what is going on around me. I don't believe for a moment that you aren't a religious person. If you weren't, you wouldn't put so much stock into someone washing another person's feet! Good grief! Get a grip. That isn't helping them in the big picture.

I guess this is what is mean by 'you can't fix stupid.'

Why don't you post an example. The point is that washing a condemned person's feet isn't doing anything to help their situation. End of story.

Why are you calling me stupid and getting yourself all worked up? All I said was that washing a person's feet means nothing. It doesn't mean anything. It isn't helping them in any way given their situation, now is it?

All of your "symbolisms" were stolen from pagan beliefs anyways. Lol. Did you know that? Do a little research before you call somebody else "stupid" when you blindly follow superstitious beliefs made up by ancient men.

I'm not in the least bit upset. Why should I be? Sorry, but I will continue to post my views about religion. If you don't like, then you are free to not read it. :D

Thak]

Why don't you post an example. The point is that washing a condemned person's feet isn't doing anything to help their situation. End of story.

You're recalcitrant.

Why are you calling me stupid and getting yourself all worked up? All I said was that washing a person's feet means nothing. It doesn't mean anything. It isn't helping them in any way given their situation, now is it?

The only person, as you say 'getting worked up' is you.
It's obvious you lack understanding, therefore, find someone else to give you the attention you crave.

Thak]

You're recalcitrant.

Sorry, I just found your post of "washing feet" to be silly and off topic. Now, those are condemned men who are still being condemned to death by people who call themselves "religious." Hypocritical is what you people are. Nothing more, and you aren't anything special. If there was a "god" he would be disgusted, I'm sure.

All of your "symbolisms" were stolen from pagan beliefs anyways. Lol. Did you know that? Do a little research before you call somebody else "stupid" when you blindly follow superstitious beliefs made up by ancient men.

No where have I called you stupid, but the label seems familiar to you.

The only person, as you say 'getting worked up' is you.
It's obvious you lack understanding, therefore, find someone else to give you the attention you crave.

Lol. Well, I guess you could always stop giving me the "attention" that I so crave. Look weirdo, this is a message board and I am discussing my views on religion. Get a grip. :D

Thak]

You're recalcitrant.

Sorry, I just found your post of "washing feet" to be silly and off topic. Now, those are condemned men who are still being condemned to death by people who call themselves "religious." Hypocritical is what you people are. Nothing more, and you aren't anything special. If there was a "god" he would be disgusted, I'm sure.

Have a good day!

Forum List

Back