Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
I believe the answer is, NOT MARRIED, NO SEX!. That shouldn't be impossible in a "modern" society where humans don't consider themselves animals. The problem isn't unwanted babies among the married couples. The problem is unwanted babies among the unmarried.

a68187f47638077b8195925351b5425c.jpg

I believe the answer is, NOT MARRIED, NO SEX!. That shouldn't be impossible in a "modern" society where humans don't consider themselves animals. The problem isn't unwanted babies among the married couples. The problem is unwanted babies among the unmarried.

Married people also get abortions for various PERSONAL reasons that aren't any of your business, nor is it any of your concern to stick your nose into their business.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

Married people also get abortions for various PERSONAL reasons that aren't any of your business, nor is it any of your concern to stick your nose into their business.
The vast majority of abortions are performed on unmarried women. Are you denying this? I don't stick my nose in anyone's business unless they are creating a foul odor that I can't escape.

It's like gay marriage. Everything seems OK until the gay couple go to a baker, photographer, bed and breakfast establishment, and a minister who accepts such behavior is sinful and without social merit.

It like the guy who thinks walking around nude is natural and parents cringe at the thought of him walking around the playground.

I fully realize that there are cases where a life is sacrificed for a life. It is when people make excuses for their own behavior patterns at the expense of what is right I find selfish and unreasonable.

for a Troll sincerity is a blessing ... all single mothers should be put in Jail !!!!

The vast majority of abortions are performed on unmarried women. Are you denying this? I don't stick my nose in anyone's business unless they are creating a foul odor that I can't escape.

It's like gay marriage. Everything seems OK until the gay couple go to a baker, photographer, bed and breakfast establishment, and a minister who accepts such behavior is sinful and without social merit.

It like the guy who thinks walking around nude is natural and parents cringe at the thought of him walking around the playground.

I fully realize that there are cases where a life is sacrificed for a life. It is when people make excuses for their own behavior patterns at the expense of what is right I find selfish and unreasonable.
---
You certainly have a right to express your opinions, unlike Islamic culture, but your opinions on other adult private matters should not reduce their liberty, like in Islamic culture.

It's not your business what other people do. Worry about your own sins and take care of yourself.

It is symbolic of what Christ did for his disciples. It is an example to serve one another in lowliness of heart and mind, seeking to build one another up in humility and love; to be the server and not the served.

What do you mean by "lowliness" of heart and mind? Sorry, but washing feet doesn't do that. It is just another silly religious thing.

It is symbolic of what Christ did for his disciples. It is an example to serve one another in lowliness of heart and mind, seeking to build one another up in humility and love; to be the server and not the served.

And? What did he actually DO for those people?

Instead of being cynical and snide, why don't you visualize, if you can, what it meant to the apostles, who walked barefoot with dirty feet to have someone whom they considered to be their Savior humble himself to wash their feet. It was customary to wash your feet before eating.
Now, visualize, if you can, what it meant for the prisoners to have their feet washed by the Pope, the Vicar of Christ,

Instead of being cynical and snide, why don't you visualize, if you can, what it meant to the apostles, who walked barefoot with dirty feet to have someone whom they considered to be their Savior humble himself to wash their feet. It was customary to wash your feet before eating.
Now, visualize, if you can, what it meant for the prisoners to have their feet washed by the Pope, the Vicar of Christ,

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I'm sure they are quite capable of washing their own feet. That is just being ridiculous and has nothing to do with the topic.

What do you mean by "lowliness" of heart and mind? Sorry, but washing feet doesn't do that. It is just another silly religious thing.

As I said, it is symbolic (do you know what that means?)
Lowliness of heart and mind would be a feeling of not being important; worthy.
I assume you are an atheist, therefore, it's possible you do not acknowledge a higher power than yourself, which would most likely circumvent your humility; otherwise, you would not so readily and easily mock others.

I assume you are an atheist, therefore, it's possible you do not acknowledge a higher power than yourself, which would most likely circumvent your humility; otherwise, you would not so readily and easily mock others.

If you find me sharing my "beliefs" as being mocking, then that's your problem.

That washing of the feet thing doesn't really mean anything. Sorry about that.

So, you want to wash their feet and then condemn them to death? Am I right?

And? Washing feet proves what exactly?

Doesn't mean anything in reality. I'm sure they are quite capable of washing their own feet. That is just being ridiculous and has nothing to do with the topic.

You're childish and unable to feel empathy.
The Pope, the Vicar for Christ, became a servant and washed the feet of the outcast, the prisoners, as an act of love.

So, you want to wash their feet and then condemn them to death? Am I right?

I'm not the Pope, so no I don't want to wash their feet nor do I want to condemn anyone to death.
People commit egregious acts; i.e., ISIS chops heads off people. But, I'm not their judge; however, who knows what I would to in order to save someone from them.

You're childish and unable to feel empathy.
The Pope, the Vicar for Christ, became a servant and washed the feet of the outcast, the prisoners, as an act of love.

I have plenty of empathy. The fact of the matter is that washing a person's feet doesn't really help them at all, unless they can't reach their own feet to wash them. Means nothing at all.

Forum List

Back