Etch-A-Sketch

They're stock closed up 140 points.

This is the first time in a couple of generations that the GObP/Repubs have had a positive effect on the economy.

All because Mittens cannot be trusted.

Cool.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh.....so now when a spokesperson says something that means the candidate said it?

I mean.....we've caught Obama spokespersons say some really stupid shit, give some really revealing speeches introducing Obama, or testify in front of congress and say exactly what we know Obama is thinking, yet you sycophants won't attach their words to Obama.

Thanks for showing us exactly how two-faced you are.

Actually, Mittens didn't say it and I never said he did. He just told lots of lies which caused his "top advisor" to say it about him - that his word is worthless and that he cannot b trusted. (Nothing we all didn't already know, though.) And, his own wife said she should do his talking because he's not competent to speak for himself.

As for your tiny little rant, you are confusing President Obama with Bush the Younger. If your memory is as convenient as most rw's, just check You Tube. Come to think of it, bush the Elder wasn't known for his integrity or truth telling either.

Who can forget his ringing words, "Read my lips, no new taxes" just before he raised taxes!!

Aw, the Bush dynasty. Long remembered but never missed.

He said that during the RNC acceptance speech......

Bush Sr was tricked into signing a tax-increase later drafted by the Democrats.

I remember when that happened.

Bush wanted his programs passed and he made the mistake of compromising with lying Congressional Democrats.

Yes, thanks for bringing that one up.

Still, I'd fire this prick for saying that shit. I expect there are idiots out there that think they're being clever by talking smack with the media, but this one blew up in his face. He may even be a Democrat plant.

The point is every candidate has to say what the public wants. If you want to attract voters you have to speak for them. If you want to appeal to Independents you have to speak to them. If you want to attract conservatives you have to speak for them as well. All successful candidates reboot at the end of the primary and restructure their message.

However your core principles can't waver.

Obama's core principles are America is bad and must be punished.

Romney's core principles are America is good and can be successful again if government would just get out of the way.

What a terrible way of thinking, right????

Last edited:

This is the first time in a couple of generations that the GObP/Repubs have had a positive effect on the economy.

Cool.

Oh.....so now when a spokesperson says something that means the candidate said it?

I mean.....we've caught Obama spokespersons say some really stupid shit, give some really revealing speeches introducing Obama, or testify in front of congress and say exactly what we know Obama is thinking, yet you sycophants won't attach their words to Obama.

I think the reason why this is so devastating for Romney is that it just confirms what a lot of people, conservatives and liberals alike, really suspect about the guy.

The only "vision" he has is of himself in the White House. He really doesn't stand for anything or has a purpose for wanting the job.

mitt-is-mean-etch-a-sketch.png

Cool.

I think the reason why this is so devastating for Romney is that it just confirms what a lot of people, conservatives and liberals alike, really suspect about the guy.

The only "vision" he has is of himself in the White House. He really doesn't stand for anything or has a purpose for wanting the job.

mitt-is-mean-etch-a-sketch.png

So, let me get this straight.....a time tested political tactic that every successful candidate uses is wrong in Romney's case but with Obama and everyone else it's right???

Kind of a double-standard, isn't it???

Last edited:
Romney is very conservative personally. However he seems to be more flexible and pragmatic when it comes to governing.

And this is a bad thing????

I think we've had enough of ideologues, don't you think?

So, let me get this straight.....a time tested political tactic that every successful candidate uses is wrong in Romney's case but with Obama and everyone else it's right???

First, it's a time-tested FAILED tactic. It's what Kerry did, it's what Bob Dole did. It's what McCain tried to do. People don't like phoniness in general. And in Romney's case it would be worse because he's already flip-flopped several times.

Romney is very conservative personally. However he seems to be more flexible and pragmatic when it comes to governing.

If Romney was a roaring success in "governing", he'd be talking a lot more of his successes as Governor. (This would be being 47th in job creation and getting run out of office after 4 years). Of course, he can't talk about that now because his highlights were legalizing gay marriage and socalizing medicine, not the kind of thing you want to talk to an audience that already doesn't trust you.

Romney's nomination has been him pretending he believes in conservatism and conservatives pretending he believes that because they just want to beat Romney so bad. This is making the best of a really bad blind date.

Look, I realize that you chronic ODS sufferers have to convince yourself that Romney is your dream date, but let's be honest, the only reason why you are nominating him is because you've looked at a poll that says that if the wind is blowing in the right direction, he might not get totally blown out by Obama.

And when he loses, you will blame him for the fiasco, rather than looking at the GOP's bigger problems on how it is losing people like me.

First, it's a time-tested FAILED tactic. It's what Kerry did, it's what Bob Dole did. It's what McCain tried to do. People don't like phoniness in general. And in Romney's case it would be worse because he's already flip-flopped several times.

If Romney was a roaring success in "governing", he'd be talking a lot more of his successes as Governor. (This would be being 47th in job creation and getting run out of office after 4 years). Of course, he can't talk about that now because his highlights were legalizing gay marriage and socalizing medicine, not the kind of thing you want to talk to an audience that already doesn't trust you.

Romney's nomination has been him pretending he believes in conservatism and conservatives pretending he believes that because they just want to beat Romney so bad. This is making the best of a really bad blind date.

Look, I realize that you chronic ODS sufferers have to convince yourself that Romney is your dream date, but let's be honest, the only reason why you are nominating him is because you've looked at a poll that says that if the wind is blowing in the right direction, he might not get totally blown out by Obama.

And when he loses, you will blame him for the fiasco, rather than looking at the GOP's bigger problems on how it is losing people like me.

I don't want to suck his dick.

I figure he has as good a chance as anyone.

Romney isn't pretending shit. He is what he is.

However Obama is pretending to be an American president when in fact he isn't.

He's also pretending to be what he's not, and it worked for him.

You want to accuse Romney of saying one thing to one group and another thing to another like Kerry did. He's not doing that. I see the same thing from him day in and day out.

You want to accuse Romney of saying one thing to one group and another thing to another like Kerry did. He's not doing that. I see the same thing from him day in and day out.

Mitt Romney has taken both sides of the issues of socialized medicine, gay marriage, abortion, taxes, whether Reagan was a great president or not.

What he said to folks in Mass. when he ran in 1994 and 2002 are different from what he's saying to a Conservative Audience in 2008 and 2012.

Mitt Romney has taken both sides of the issues of socialized medicine, gay marriage, abortion, taxes, whether Reagan was a great president or not.

What he said to folks in Mass. when he ran in 1994 and 2002 are different from what he's saying to a Conservative Audience in 2008 and 2012.

I imagine it would be boring if Romney never changed his speech. Stuff happens in the world and that tends to change what you speak about.

Using Kerry as an example is ridiculous because he was caught making contradictory statements in the same 24 hours.

Most of the righties will vote for Romney, assuming they're not too exhausted from pretending to be excited about him to actually make it to the polling location.

Where his will hurt him is with independents who already have their doubts about him. Santorum may turn out to be prescient - why vote for Romney if you're not sure he'd be that much different than what we already have? I mean, keeping Obama in there would save taxpayer money on moving vans and stuff.

It really doesn't matter if it was Reversible Mittens himself that said it or not...this is gonna stick. Remember "I was before it before I was against it"? This is that.

So your worst criticism of Romney is he's like the candidates you always vote for?

Think you can get away with that and not sound silly?

It really doesn't matter if it was Reversible Mittens himself that said it or not...this is gonna stick. Remember "I was before it before I was against it"? This is that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP2M0DTch8]Mitt Romney speaks French - YouTube[/ame]

He speaks french too..

Forum List

Back