Espn Is So Proud Of Themselves Today. They Got Peterson Suspended

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Well, they got their way. Adrian Peterson is essentially on paid leave indefinitely and ESPN Radio is pounding their chests over it. Now the lead topic "Isn't this a great country?" And "Stop the spanking!!!!"

They're saying stop the madness by stopping spanking.

Pathetic.

I have mixed feelings about this, but journalists are a really smug bunch, aren't they? Screwing up lives is what they live for

I remember getting slapped in the face for what seemed like an hour by my Mom and didn't suffer any permanent damage. I also remember getting hit in the head by my Mom with a metal broomhandle over something my sister did.

Going after my parents with a lawsuit sure would have helped the situation, *rolls eyes*. They had enough troubles to deal with. I made it through and left home as soon as I could and that ended the abuse, but I don't feel retribution is the answer. Ruining my Mom's life would never solve anything. That's what ESPN did.

Peterson drew blood on his son's backside. That's beyond spanking. It's child abuse. Would it be a greater Country if they ignored it?

oh just wait for it

they'll ( the players) be wailing racism any day now

I hope they SUE Espn and all these other stations.

they've stepped over their BOUNDS of what they are on air for

oh just wait for it

Al Sharpton is raising Hell over the fact that the NFL didn't hire any black women as spousal-abuse advisors.

Well, they got their way. Adrian Peterson is essentially on paid leave indefinitely and ESPN Radio is pounding their chests over it. Now the lead topic "Isn't this a great country?" And "Stop the spanking!!!!"

Pathetic.

I have mixed feelings about this, but journalists are a really smug bunch, aren't they? Screwing up lives is what they live for

I think that what he did constituted child abuse: cuts on scrotum and back.

However, a three ring circus is not going to solve a damn thing.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

Mixed feelings?

Screwed up lives?

How about protecting the least among us from monsters who beat them bloody with a tree branch?

I can't believe anyone could have mixed feelings about beating a baby like he did. Especially since we now know he has been brought up on charges for it before. He has a history of child abuse with that baby, the dead child and his older child.

How much more will it take for people to put the blame where it belongs?

I remember getting slapped in the face for what seemed like an hour by my Mom and didn't suffer any permanent damage. I also remember getting hit in the head by my Mom with a metal broomhandle over something my sister did.

Going after my parents with a lawsuit sure would have helped the situation, *rolls eyes*. They had enough troubles to deal with. I made it through and left home as soon as I could and that ended the abuse, but I don't feel retribution is the answer. Ruining my Mom's life would never solve anything. That's what ESPN did.

Jeeeez.

So, that's your reasoning? You're fine with it so everyone else should be beaten too?

What if this baby, the dead child and the older child don't want to be beaten bloody?

Glad they got him. Of course it was always about making money, so when sponsors started going away ....

Pathetic.

Mixed feelings?

Screwed up lives?

How about protecting the least among us from monsters who beat them bloody with a tree branch?

I can't believe anyone could have mixed feelings about beating a baby like he did. Especially since we now know he has been brought up on charges for it before. He has a history of child abuse with that baby, the dead child and his older child.

How much more will it take for people to put the blame where it belongs?
Peterson killed one of his kids?

That's news to me.

Sorry, I don't see what good destroying lives does. I have the advantage of looking back and putting it in perspective. If the guy is really abusing everyone around him, get rid of him, but if it's just your average disciplining going on here, I think that this is a bit extreme.

Liberals seem to have this belief that the guilty shouldn't be punished for their behavior. But piss a liberal off in any way and they become hypocrites. All of the sudden they stop making excuses for people and stop looking the other way and they turn on them. If Peterson was beating cops you people would jump to his defense. You see some advantage to making an example of him, so you do.

Last edited:

Jeeeez.

So, that's your reasoning? You're fine with it so everyone else should be beaten too?

What if this baby, the dead child and the older child don't want to be beaten bloody?
Sorry, but I don't see you folks crying one bit over all of the babies you've murdered, so spare me.

What really bothers me about this is the way these media driven events ruin lives. We all of the sudden have similar stories popping up all over the place and then it quickly becomes the topic De Jour, and pretty soon all you need is an accusation from a former gf and the guy is gone from the team.

All of these years of trying to destroy football by whining about head injuries and they discovered all they had to do was bring up the asswhippings that blacks give their girlfriends and spouses. The crime and the violence in the black community all of the sudden becomes a problem worth dealing with. White guys do it too, but blacks do it in overwhelming numbers. Heck, I've been talking about this issue for years. Only now does it become an issue worth dealing with.

Last edited:
Maybe some good can come from this. The left will have to admit that large numbers of blacks beat their wives and sometimes their kids, but I see a lot of the innocent suffering for the actions of others. In their push to punish men in general I see a lot of lives being ruined yet again just so the left can push their agenda of some imaginary GOP war on women, or their vendetta against violent sports.

They've been able to turn the KKK into Republicans. Maybe they can turn black males into Republicans long enough to get a woman in the White House, or in the short-term get women to vote this November for Democrats.

Last edited:
Generally not a fan of ESPN radio or TV views on various issues, but I'm with them on this one. Peterson and anyone else who would beat a kid so savagely shouldn't be allowed to represent teams and the NFL.

Look up the tweets Peterson made about the incident. He's an animal who sees absolutely nothing wrong with his form of discipline and, worse, has no clue there's an acute difference between spanking discipline and beating a youngster bloody for simply pushing a fellow playmate aside.

The big elephant in the room most are trying to avoid IMO is this type of learned behavior by many in the black community. Kids grow up seeing older males beating women and children, assume that's the way things ought to be and copy such behavior as they grow and mature. It's a vicious cycle they see absolutely nothing wrong with since nearly eveyone seems to buy into it.

Charles Barkley, a guy I like and heretofore respected, just fluffed this incident off by saying that's life in the black south where he was raised...all the parents did it according to him.

Then I heard this black guy Lemon on CNN blaming such black behavior on friggin' slavery! His incredible logic being evil white slave owners frequently beat blacks so they copied it from them and it continues to this day among many of his community. That's completely absurd and contrary to normal human behavior to me. Blacks at the time certainly didn't like getting beaten, but now a 150 or so years later they're inflicting the same punishment on their own? That would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

The solution to such violence is within the black community itself, but remains to be seen if they admit it and work to change it.

oh just wait for it

What's up with persecuting all these black guys? Has the NFL decided that black guys gotta go?

Forum List

Back