ESPN apologizes for offensive Lin Headline

I thought the whole thing was HILARIOUS............A "Chink" In The Armor.........CLASSIC!

ESPN cracks me up, sometimes. They always go out of the their way to be "politically correct", but they somehow missed what the "other" definition of "chink" is!

I think they knew exactly what they were aiming for. I could imagine the sophomoric idiots who came up with it snickering back and forth like Beavis and Buthead thinking they got over a fast one on a politicly correct two minute hate target.

If I was a writer for ESPN, I'd write about how **** n' span the Jets are since Mark Sanchez's arrival.

I suppose we can no longer "call a spade a spade..."

I can't help but think this whole thing is a bit of an over reaction. I don't think people realized the potential racial association of "chink" when using the phrase "chink in the armor." Hell, I would almost bet that the person writing the headline is so young he or she probably had no clue to its double meaning.

I knew white people in American culture were an acceptable target for slurs based on race, but Asians? Imagine how many people would've been shit-canned and how much public outrage there'd be if they had headed up an article about, say, Cam Newton, and headed it with, "Chuckin' Pigskins and not Spears".

That said, I have to be honest. . . I would've found that headline hilarious, just like I found the Chink in the Armor thing pretty funny, despite the fact that I've got some Chinese ancestry. Growing up in an ethnic melting pot like Hawaii, I've fostered a deep appreciation for racist humor of all types.

I saw what you were trying to do, Dave Chapelle. I miss you :(

Forum List

Back