Too soon to discuss which SEC team will win the BCS Championship for '12 season?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WinterBorn, Feb 17, 2012.

1. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    Ok, so spring practice hasn't started, and the season is still over 6 months away....

LSU is going to be a powerhouse again and might have a good QB.

Bama lost some serious talent, but the cupboards are far from bare.

Arkansas will have their RB back and one of the best QBs around.

GA is looking strong.

Who will be the next SEC team to take home the crystal football?

2. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    Ok, I listed Arkansas as a potential championship team. They have plenty of talent and experience returning. They have a top level QB. They have one of the better RBs in the league this year. And finally, they have a tougher defense.

But what about a head coach?? Bobby Petrino has been suspended indefinitally because of his dalliances with an employee?

OOPS!!

3. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    I wouldn't count us out just yet. Losing Bobby was a major blow to our team, but with the assistant coaches calling the plays, I don't think we lose much on the field. John L. Smith as an interim coach was a great move to keep players motivated and the staff together. I'm hoping we pull an Ohio State and hire a big name head coach before 2012 is up so he can start recruiting and putting together his staff.

4. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Some recent crap BCS "championship games" : Alabama -Texas, Alabama-LSU.

Tide won both.

awfull teams/awfull games

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    Both games had the two best teams in the nation playing for the BCS Championship. Your opinions are your own. I have shown, several times, the reasons I disagree.

6. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    I agree that the Hawgs have the talent. I can see them running the table and dismantling whoever they play for the BCS Championship.

The biggest thing is the defense looks tougher this year. That will be a big deal.

7. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The BCS has good lawyers.............................

everybody hates the thing

wants a March Madness/NFL style no BS playoff system (SIXTEEN TEAMS- not 8 or 4)

8. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    The BCS system is a joke. But the idea of putting the two best teams in one championship game is a good one. It just needs to be determined on the field.

But stick with your post. Who would you have had play in the two championship games you mentioned? You obviously didn't like Alabama/Texas or Alabama/LSU. If those teams were so awful, who should have been in the 2009 & 2011 BCS Championship games?

9. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    In 2011 - I would have put Okla St or Stanford over LSU. (Butthat would have been impossible - since LSU beat Bama earlier in the season. So you can't shut LSU out.Or maybe even Oregon -even though they lost at LSU.

Very few teams get 2nd chances like Bama did against LSU in 2011 to win theNC.

Sure I could have come up with somebody better than Texas in 2009 - can't recall the top teams back then.

And you guys were lucky to get even a split NC before the BCS back in 1978 with USC - when SC beat you guys handily at your place.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  10. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    OK St or Stanford over LSU??? WTH? In the regular season LSU demolished everyone on their schedule except Alabama. They humiliated Oregon on a neutral field 40-27. They handed West VA their worst loss pf the season at 47-21. 9 of the 14 teams they played (from start to bowl game) were ranked at the time of the game. LSU whipped the Arkansas Razorbacks like they were a redheaded stepchild. Neither of the teams you mentioned were even close to being better. Plus, they had both lost a game previously that year. One lost to a team that LSU humiliated, and the other lost to an unranked nobody team.