Equal Protection? Why isn't the AG suing the other 32 states?

I mean for crying out loud! EQUALITY???????????? REALLY?????????

As IF, it's equal for someone in Afghanistan to get the same number of days to vote as someone who just lives a mile away (like I do) from where I vote, as compared to the THOUSANDS OF MILES SOMEONE IN THE MILITARY MIGHT BE FROM WHERE HE VOTES?

And libs think they can tell us with a straight face this is about equality?

What the hell is EQUAL about that!

I mean this is just overt in your face military vote disenfranchisement and liberals think they can win this argument with the public.

They must think we are really stupid or we just don't care.

AND LET ME TELL YOU, NEITHER IS TRUE ABOUT ME. I can see what Obama is pulling and I DO CARE!

They're LIARS. Plain and simple.

I frankly surprised the military only gets THREE EXTRA DAYS.

I would make it as least a week!

And Obama sues over three days! It's outrageous!

:eusa_silenced:And I bet its not only his legs that are crossed. His fingers too.

Uh, fuckface?

I have.

2acr.gif

Really? Good for you. Second Cav? So you are aginst what Obama is trying to do then...right?

No, because there's nothing wrong with trying to get back civilians' early voting, too.

:badgrin:Why? Because their bicycle might break down?

Next!

What liberal wants to try this one, I need more asses to kick!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Such an uproar about having more time to vote.....

While many states have mail in ballots that allow for the extra time...

Is there any issue democrats do not place double standards as their top priority?

You mean where Romney is on the rise, and the left has been caught oversampling Democrats?

Uh-huh...:eusa_hand::lol:

They always oversample Democrats.

Do you remember in 1980, when they claimed the country was equally divided between Carter and Reagan? Then Reagan CRUSHED CARTER, on election day?

They always over sample.

Manipulation. SAD we have too many simple minded folks that fall for the crap and won't check it out.
:badgrin:Its called being BRAINWASHED.

Really? Good for you. Second Cav? So you are aginst what Obama is trying to do then...right?

No, because there's nothing wrong with trying to get back civilians' early voting, too.

:badgrin:Why? Because their bicycle might break down?

Yeah, I know!

It's NOT like they don't have FOUR FREAKING YEARS to know voting will be November 6, 2012.

Some smartass can say "well the military know that too!"

Yeah, but THEY ARE A TAD BIT MORE BUSY THAN YOU AND I ARE, DON'T CHA THINK?????????

Tad more busy as, they see more in one day than we SEE IN OUR FREAKING LIVES, and they protect our LIVES TOO BOOT!

And they aren't owed three more freaking days????????????

It's outrageous.

Next!

Is there any issue democrats do not place double standards as their top priority?

I just find it intertesting they are targeting Ohio specifically.

Why Ohio? There are 31 other states that have THE SAME LAWS!

And why LESS THAN 100 DAYS BEFORE AN ELECTION IT NOW LOOKS LIKE OBAMA CAN LOSE???????

I mean I might believe this was about "fairness" IF Obama had sued earlier, and ALL THE STATES.

But he sues the ONE STATE HE DESPERATELY NEEDS TO WIN, and 100 days before an election.

It doesn't pass the smell test. It really doesn't.

Early voting in Ohio is out of control. Last year I went to the Board of Elections to pick up a request for absentee ballot for my wife. This must have been 3 weeks or so ahead of the elections. There were at least 10 people there filling out their ballots.....

Really? you need to drive to the board of elections 3 weeks early to vote instead of driving a block or 2 on election day? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Why not? Maybe they'll be on vacation. Maybe they have to work out of town that day. Maybe they just don't want to deal with the fucking lines on Election Day. In 2008 we had lines out the door on Saturday early voting days.

But that soldier in Afghanistan or even California..... Yeah they should have their ballots weeks ahead of time. Lord knows when they get a chance to fill them out and get them mailed back....

The Move Act requires that ballots are mailed to UOCAVA voters at least 45 days before the Election. In California, we mail them out 60 days before the election.

This injunction in Ohio has NOTHING to do with any of that.

Look, I voted absentee in 1980. I had no problems doing that.

But the idea that it's EQUAL with the military is just LUDICROUS.

I don't care where you are in the country, you still have a better chance of getting your vote in than someone stationed overseas, especially in some rat hole in Afghanistan.

If Obama wants this about equality then DRAFT every person who wants to vote early so they have to vote just like those men and women who DIE FOR US EVERY DAY, and then it's all equal.

Until then it's ALL BULLSHIT! Obama is targeting Ohio, because he needs Ohio to win, and JUST LIKE IN 2000, Obama like Al Gore knows he can't win, if all the military vote is counted.

Remember when they kept throwing away military votes, because they claimed they were posted dated too late, and the Secretary of State for Florida said that was ludicrous?

They did it to help Al Gore. You know it, I know it.

So Cut the crap. Democrats are fooling NO ONE!

You have no idea what you are blathering about. Military personnel are mailed their ballots AT LEAST 45 days before an election. Most states do 60 days. Ohio is trying, like many REPUBLICAN states, to do away with early voting. They want to leave their early voting days in place ONLY for the military. That's what they are being called on. Again, the UOCAVA (overseas and military) voters got their ballots mailed long before E-3. Leave the 3 day early voting in place for ALL voters.

Next!

I just find it intertesting they are targeting Ohio specifically.

Why Ohio? There are 31 other states that have THE SAME LAWS!

And why LESS THAN 100 DAYS BEFORE AN ELECTION IT NOW LOOKS LIKE OBAMA CAN LOSE???????

I mean I might believe this was about "fairness" IF Obama had sued earlier, and ALL THE STATES.

But he sues the ONE STATE HE DESPERATELY NEEDS TO WIN, and 100 days before an election.

It doesn't pass the smell test. It really doesn't.

It's a swing state that has 25 electoral votes. Yeah... that's the reason alright. You got it, tps.

The nation was divided between Carter and Reagan. Reagan's electoral college victory does not reflect the feelings of people (part of what is wrong with this system of indirect voting for president).
The important thing is that less than 53% of eligible people voted, so we have no idea of a real democratic sentiment. In fact, Reagan only won about 25% of the electorate.

25% of the electorate Gracie? Really? IF that were the case? He LOST. [Which he didn't]. YOU need to go back and recalculate. YOU are severely confused.
Reagan Victory Map, 1980

Attachments

• $1980.jpg
    $1980.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Libs have told us this law suit against Ohio military votes is about "equal protection" for all voters!

Military groups oppose Obama campaign lawsuit - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

They why isn't the AG suing the OTHER 32 STATES THAT HAVE THE SAME LAW IF THIS IS ABOUT "EQUAL PROTECTION?"

I'm still waiting for an answer. Why can't a lib give me that answer?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Attorney General isn't a plaintiff in Obama for America v. Husted,

which is the Ohio lawsuit.

Read it here:

ObamaForAmericaVHusted.php

74% of eligible voters did not vote for Reagan. That shows lukewarm enthusiasm at best. Electoral victory, yes. Moral victory? Not shown.
What does one, by the way, call subversion of the Constitution?

In the State of Ohio you can vote up to 3 weeks prior to the election. You cannot vote the 3 days prior to the election. Now if you have 3 weeks, what difference does 3 days make? The Obama team is trying to say it isn;t fair because the military can mail their ballots during those three days....

The truth is that in 2008 ACORN got many voters to the polls those last three days. The current Ohio administration at the time made it possible for them to pick up a homeless person, take them to the board of election, register them with a park bench as their address, and then permit them to vote on the spot....

Obama won Ohio by 4 %. He is worried about it this year.......

Forum List

Back