Equal Protection? Why isn't the AG suing the other 32 states?

Really? Good for you. Second Cav? So you are aginst what Obama is trying to do then...right?

No, because there's nothing wrong with trying to get back civilians' early voting, too.

Civilians have ALL the time in the world as juxtaposed by Military abroad and what they might be doing.

I think you're out of line here.:eusa_hand:

No, you rightwingnuts are out-of-line making this into something it isn't.

But like I said, it's understandable, given recent polling numbers. :)

They're LIARS. Plain and simple.

I frankly surprised the military only gets THREE EXTRA DAYS.

I would make it as least a week!

And Obama sues over three days! It's outrageous!

Considering I've been overseas numerous times during voting contests?

We were warned to educate ourselves and to vote where appropriate and as law allowed...early.

I voted absentee one time. It was like a MONTH before election day (this was 1980) and it was for the State of Ohio.

And now they get three days?

No, because there's nothing wrong with trying to get back civilians' early voting, too.

Civilians have ALL the time in the world as juxtaposed by Military abroad and what they might be doing.

You mean where Romney is on the rise, and the left has been caught oversampling Democrats?

Uh-huh...:eusa_hand::lol:

They're LIARS. Plain and simple.

I frankly surprised the military only gets THREE EXTRA DAYS.

I would make it as least a week!

And Obama sues over three days! It's outrageous!

But as much as you wingnuts want to shout that it is, it's not trying to disenfranchise the military.

But I can see why you guys, including the Romney camp, feel the need to say this.

:D

Oh it's not trying to disenfranchise.

Despite the fact 15 military organizations says it is.

But because YOU SAY SO, that's more important than those 15 military organizations.

Hilarious!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Uh, fuckface?

I have.

2acr.gif

Really? Good for you. Second Cav? So you are aginst what Obama is trying to do then...right?

And AGAIN, only because you say so!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH GIVE ME A BREAK!

I HAVE SEVERAL NEWS SOURCES AND 15 MILITARY ORGANIZATIONS.

You have your say so and polling numbers!

Can you get any more laughable?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My My My.

Why so silent libs?

Are you afraid to take me on, regarding this question?

I thought you guys were all for "equal protection."

Why not answer this?

I don't understand your problem. Why not just treat everyone equally? Just allow the extra time for civilians to vote also. What problem is there to that?

Why is this a big deal? Is it simply another chapter in the book of GOP voter suppression?

They're only concerned about "Equal Protection" in important battleground states.

You mean where Romney is on the rise, and the left has been caught oversampling Democrats?

They always oversample Democrats.

Do you remember in 1980, when they claimed the country was equally divided between Carter and Reagan? Then Reagan CRUSHED CARTER, on election day?

They always over sample.

My My My.

Why so silent libs?

Are you afraid to take me on, regarding this question?

I thought you guys were all for "equal protection."

Why not answer this?

I don't understand your problem. Why not just treat everyone equally? Just allow the extra time for civilians to vote also. What problem is there to that?

Why is this a big deal? Is it simply another chapter in the book of GOP voter suppression?

They're only concerned about "Equal Protection" in important battleground states.

Exactly!

They always oversample Democrats.

Do you remember in 1980, when they claimed the country was equally divided between Carter and Reagan? Then Reagan CRUSHED CARTER, on election day?

They always over sample.

Manipulation. SAD we have too many simple minded folks that fall for the crap and won't check it out.

Btw, Sammy, you might wanna talk to these guys...

Like I said, the likely remedy proposed would be to remove the Friday deadline for everyone — and that’s exactly what the plaintiffs are proposing. Gabriel Malor forwarded me a link to the brief, and the relevant language within it:

WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs request of this Court the following equitable relief:…

B. A preliminary and permanent order prohibiting the Defendants, their respective agents, servants, employees, attorneys, successors, and all persons acting in concert with each or any of them, from implementing or enforcing lines 863 and 864 of Sec. 3509.03 (I) in HB 224, and/or the SB 295 enactment of Ohio Revised Code § 3509.03 with the HB 224 amendments, thereby restoring in-person early voting on the three days immediately preceding Election Day for all eligible Ohio voters;

So no, they aren’t trying to block military members from getting to the polls, but arguing that since the polls will be open anyway, everyone else should have access to them as well. A couple of commenters think this will be a “logistical nightmare,” but the logistics aren’t really that scaleable. Having the polls open for a few would be the same as having them open for many. There may need to be few more election judges, but those positions are voluntary anyway.

They don't seem to be on the same page. :eusa_angel:

Like I said, the likely remedy proposed would be to remove the Friday deadline for everyone — and that’s exactly what the plaintiffs are proposing. Gabriel Malor forwarded me a link to the brief, and the relevant language within it:

WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs request of this Court the following equitable relief:…

B. A preliminary and permanent order prohibiting the Defendants, their respective agents, servants, employees, attorneys, successors, and all persons acting in concert with each or any of them, from implementing or enforcing lines 863 and 864 of Sec. 3509.03 (I) in HB 224, and/or the SB 295 enactment of Ohio Revised Code § 3509.03 with the HB 224 amendments, thereby restoring in-person early voting on the three days immediately preceding Election Day for all eligible Ohio voters;

So no, they aren’t trying to block military members from getting to the polls, but arguing that since the polls will be open anyway, everyone else should have access to them as well. A couple of commenters think this will be a “logistical nightmare,” but the logistics aren’t really that scaleable. Having the polls open for a few would be the same as having them open for many. There may need to be few more election judges, but those positions are voluntary anyway.

AND?

You are still avoiding the question how it is EQUAL for someone not to have three extra days when he lives thousands of miles from Ohio, as opposed to someone living a few miles (or even less than two miles in my case) from their polling place.

And all you are doing is bringing up ONE OPINION against the 15 military organizations joining the AG of the State of Ohio.

The nation was divided between Carter and Reagan. Reagan's electoral college victory does not reflect the feelings of people (part of what is wrong with this system of indirect voting for president).
The important thing is that less than 53% of eligible people voted, so we have no idea of a real democratic sentiment. In fact, Reagan only won about 25% of the electorate.

The nation was divided between Carter and Reagan. Reagan's electoral college victory does not reflect the feelings of people (part of what is wrong with this system of indirect voting for president).
The important thing is that less than 53% of eligible people voted, so we have no idea of a real democratic sentiment. In fact, Reagan only won about 25% of the electorate.

25% of the electorate Gracie? Really? IF that were the case? He LOST. [Which he didn't]. YOU need to go back and recalculate. YOU are severely confused.

Oh please! I was there!

Carter conceded the election at 9:00 a.m. (I was on the West Coast at the time) which means he conceded at about NOON on the East Coast.

Carter knew he was beat LONG before the polls closed.

Spin all you want.

Libs have told us this law suit against Ohio military votes is about "equal protection" for all voters!

Military groups oppose Obama campaign lawsuit - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

They why isn't the AG suing the OTHER 32 STATES THAT HAVE THE SAME LAW IF THIS IS ABOUT "EQUAL PROTECTION?"

I'm still waiting for an answer. Why can't a lib give me that answer?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you know for a fact that the details of the other states’ laws are the same?

Otherwise, that the lawsuit is motivated by politics doesn’t undermine the legitimacy of the complaint:

Correct, all voters should be allowed the same time-frame to vote, the most expansive is desirable not only to accommodate veterans but all voters who might have restrictions.

Indeed, it would be wrong for democrats to refrain from filing the complaint simply because they’re concerned it might be perceived as ‘partisan’ by rightist hacks such as the OP.

BS. Military voters are not equal to voters in the state. You know the difficulties they face, being over seas or based in different states.

And YES, 32 states have the SAME LAW!

Ohio is one of 32 states that allow voters to cast an early ballot by mail or in person without an excuse. In 2008, about 30 percent of the swing state’s total vote — or roughly 1.7 million ballots — came in ahead of Election Day.

Military groups oppose Obama campaign lawsuit - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

But ONLY Ohio needs to be sued?

That's for obvious political reasons.

The obvious reason is that they aren't concerned about the law. They are concerned about the swing state. All the libs know, but deflect.

Early voting in Ohio is out of control. Last year I went to the Board of Elections to pick up a request for absentee ballot for my wife. This must have been 3 weeks or so ahead of the elections. There were at least 10 people there filling out their ballots.....

Really? you need to drive to the board of elections 3 weeks early to vote instead of driving a block or 2 on election day? Doesn't make much sense to me.

But that soldier in Afghanistan or even California..... Yeah they should have their ballots weeks ahead of time. Lord knows when they get a chance to fill them out and get them mailed back....

Do you know for a fact that the details of the other states’ laws are the same?

Otherwise, that the lawsuit is motivated by politics doesn’t undermine the legitimacy of the complaint:

Correct, all voters should be allowed the same time-frame to vote, the most expansive is desirable not only to accommodate veterans but all voters who might have restrictions.

Indeed, it would be wrong for democrats to refrain from filing the complaint simply because they’re concerned it might be perceived as ‘partisan’ by rightist hacks such as the OP.

BS. Military voters are not equal to voters in the state. You know the difficulties they face, being over seas or based in different states.

And YES, 32 states have the SAME LAW!

Ohio is one of 32 states that allow voters to cast an early ballot by mail or in person without an excuse. In 2008, about 30 percent of the swing state’s total vote — or roughly 1.7 million ballots — came in ahead of Election Day.

But ONLY Ohio needs to be sued?

That's for obvious political reasons.

The obvious reason is that they aren't concerned about the law. They are concerned about the swing state. All the libs know, but deflect.

Swing State...they're trying to sew the seeds aren't they?

They'll fail...unless they take the other States to Court as well...and IF they try? OPEN season. They show thier hand...

AND?

You are still avoiding the question how it is EQUAL for someone not to have three extra days when he lives thousands of miles from Ohio, as opposed to someone living a few miles (or even less than two miles in my case) from their polling place.

And all you are doing is bringing up ONE OPINION against the 15 military organizations joining the AG of the State of Ohio.

That wasn't what you were shouting about, though, was it. You wanted to call this "disenfranchising the military" when it's really just about making sure everyone - not just one sector - gets the same amount of time to vote.

As for that ONE OPINION, I just thought I'd point out how even some of your fellow wingnuts don't agree with you. You DID notice the source of the link, right?

Last edited:
"YOU need to go back and recalculate."

Understanding English can be a challenge. You may be able to surmount it with effort.
Reagan won 50.1% of the votes. 52.6% of eligible voters voted.
OK, that would be about 26%.

Forum List

Back