EPA's Massive Power Grab of Private Property Across the U.S

If you're pouring gasoline or oil into the river = should be illegal
If you're pumping out coal smog = should be illegal

That's not the issue is it? too much government overreach too much power in the hands of a few bureaucrats

'Little guy' wins high court fight over property rights

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court gave an Idaho couple another chance Wednesday to challenge a government ruling barring construction of their "dream house," an important property rights defeat for the Obama administration.

The justices unanimously ruled Chantell and Mike Sackett can appeal a compliance order that said wetlands on their residential lot were improperly filled with rocks and dirt. A building permit was then revoked.

"Since the agency's decision was final and since the Sacketts have no other adequate remedy in a court, they may bring their suit" under federal law, said Justice Antonin Scalia.

The couple's supporters had billed this as "David vs. Goliath" fight against the Environmental Protection Agency.

"We're here to stand up for the property rights and the constitutional rights of all Americans," Mike Sackett told CNN in January, when the case was argued at the high court. "We felt blindsided by the EPA, and we remain determined to fight.
"

'Little guy' wins high court fight over property rights - CNN.com

So Mike Sackett wants everyone to believe that the owner of the property, the escrow company, the contractor, and the county new nothing of EPA regulations regarding their land? Please!!!!!

Do you know all of the government regulations that might, or might not, affect your use of your land? Do you have the thousands of dollars required for an environmental lawyer to research which environmental regulations could apply, depending on whether or not an EPA bureaucrat got his balls busted at Hooter's the previous night, and is out to prove his manhood today.

How fucking retarded or handicapped are you to believe that you need a fucking bureaucracy to provide us potable water!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because without the 'fucking bureaucracy' it would be a crap shoot every time you went to the sink for a drink.

WUT?

So prior to December 2, 1970 we were drinking dirty water?

The Safe Drinking Water Act became effective on December 16, 1974 due to the discovery of organic contamination in public drinking water. The act makes enforceable the many State laws that were currently in place and set a national standard.

It should make your heart fill with joy that Republicans during Bush stopped clean water regulations from effecting oil and gas fracking.

That's not the issue is it? too much government overreach too much power in the hands of a few bureaucrats

"

So Mike Sackett wants everyone to believe that the owner of the property, the escrow company, the contractor, and the county new nothing of EPA regulations regarding their land? Please!!!!!

Do you know all of the government regulations that might, or might not, affect your use of your land? Do you have the thousands of dollars required for an environmental lawyer to research which environmental regulations could apply, depending on whether or not an EPA bureaucrat got his balls busted at Hooter's the previous night, and is out to prove his manhood today.

Yes, because I do DD.

Here's the story from 2007.

Pity the Sacketts? Not much - High Country News

But the Sacketts don't really deserve the sympathy they're getting. A timeline Chantell Sackett created for the Army Corps of Engineers reveals that she and her husband knew early on that they were building on a wetland. The Sacketts run an excavation and construction business; the law should not have been a mystery to them. Even the local golf course brags about its stunning wetlands.

Another massive power grab from Obama and his cronies:mad:

WASHINGTON — While the country is immersed in Obamacare headlines and a congressional tussle over delays and mandates, the Obama administration is stealthily moving toward unprecedented control over private property under a massive expansion of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Water Act authority.

The proposed rule, obtained by the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee in advance of EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy’s testimony at a Thursday oversight hearing, widely broadens the definition of waterways over which the federal government has jurisdiction to as little as a water ditch in a backyard.

The Clean Water Act redefinition of “waters of the United States” would include all ponds, lakes, wetlands and natural or manmade streams that have any effect on downstream navigable waters — whether on public lands or private property.

And, committee Republicans note, the administration is trying to move forward with the rule at a breakneck pace, relying on the findings of a scientific report that hadn’t undergone peer review at the time the rule was submitted to the White House for approval.

“The EPA’s draft water rule is a massive power grab of private property across the U.S. This could be the largest expansion of EPA regulatory authority ever,” Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) said after seeing the proposal. “If the draft rule is approved, it would allow the EPA to regulate virtually every body of water in the United States, including private and public lakes, ponds and streams.”

“The Obama administration’s latest power play to regulate America’s waterways is an unprecedented effort to control the use of private property,” Smith added, promising to question McCarthy this week about her agency’s “ever-expanding regulatory agenda.”

PJ Media » EPA Stealthily Propels Toward ?Massive Power Grab of Private Property Across the U.S.?

The most oppressive stuff is always done in secret. Considering that virtually every piece of legislation is devoid of any common sense and the new rules say all water, both natural and manmade, then technically the little koi pond you built by your patio would be covered. Heck, if there is a giant mud puddle after a rain, they could take control of the land.

I have relatives who build their own fishing pond about 50 years ago. They dug a circle around a group of apple trees so it looks like a little island in the middle of the pond and they built a bridge to walk to the trees. They stocked the pond with fish and it's always been a great place to hang out. Now, under this new law, government has control over their little paradise. Never mind that before they did the work, it was nothing but a simple field.

The EPA has been one of the most valuable resources for Obama to push his radical agenda through. They can make any rules, without answering to anyone, and claim it's all in the name of clean water and air. Does anyone trust a government who spent $634 million on a website and still doesn't have a working website? Hell, the price tag is over a billion now since they had the same incompetent boobs who built it try to fix it. The average middle school kid can build a website for free that would work better than Obamacare's site.

I think most of the new government regulations are designed to separate us from our property and our money, as well as our freedom. As it is, the high cost of health care insurance and treatment is likely to cause families to move in together since it will be difficult to pay all the bills. If the government can seize property, then they are a step closer to building the communes and monorail so we can all live like mice in a laboratory and we'll be so much easier to control.

I read on yahoo the other day that some North Koreans were sentenced to death by government because they committed the crime of watching a video that came from South Korea. That is so typical of dictators. Going against the state is serious and cannot be tolerated. So far, we are just getting reported to Obama's dictator-style website, AttackWatch, but I am wondering what they will eventually do with the information they received regarding political dissenters. Why collect info unless you intend to take action?

Obama is ruthless when it comes to confiscating wealth and property. He's made it clear he considers dissenting views as something that needs to be reported to authorities. He has often lamented the amount of information out there and once said it was too much. He doesn't even respect the people enough to be honest with us. Or maybe he realizes that even the flunkies would take offense if he were to be honest about what his intentions are in the long run.

There is nothing surprising about this latest power grab. Obama holds the American people in contempt and has no respect for our rights or our feelings. It's all about him and his delusional vision of the new Obamaland that will replace America as we know it. He learned well from the biggest radicals that ever walked the earth and he will stick to the plan. It's all "for our own good" and we are all too stupid to decide what is and isn't good for us.

Our money, our liberties, our rights, our freedom and now our possessions. What is left to take? Our very lives.

If you're pouring gasoline or oil into the river = should be illegal
If you're pumping out coal smog = should be illegal

'Little guy' wins high court fight over property rights

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court gave an Idaho couple another chance Wednesday to challenge a government ruling barring construction of their "dream house," an important property rights defeat for the Obama administration.

The justices unanimously ruled Chantell and Mike Sackett can appeal a compliance order that said wetlands on their residential lot were improperly filled with rocks and dirt. A building permit was then revoked.

"Since the agency's decision was final and since the Sacketts have no other adequate remedy in a court, they may bring their suit" under federal law, said Justice Antonin Scalia.

The couple's supporters had billed this as "David vs. Goliath" fight against the Environmental Protection Agency.

"We're here to stand up for the property rights and the constitutional rights of all Americans," Mike Sackett told CNN in January, when the case was argued at the high court. "We felt blindsided by the EPA, and we remain determined to fight.
"

you are a fucking retard you know this? Its about not polluting water that can move down stream and affect others.
I dont give a shit about your "freedom" to dump shit in water.

EPA Regulation is bullshit

So it's OK to dump toxic chemicals in water lands where people get their drinking water?

why do you keep bringing straw men argument that aren't relevant to the situation?

The Sacketts bought a small parcel of about two-thirds of an acre in the Idaho Panhandle in 2005, near the shores of the resort community of Priest Lake. They hoped to build a three-bedroom home, surrounded by neighbors' houses, and had obtained a county permit. Gravel had already been laid for the foundation when EPA officials told them their land was a wetland. That barred any development.

and? you dont get to have things just because you are a human being you moron.

So it's OK to dump toxic chemicals in water lands where people get their drinking water?

why do you keep bringing straw men argument that aren't relevant to the situation?

The Sacketts bought a small parcel of about two-thirds of an acre in the Idaho Panhandle in 2005, near the shores of the resort community of Priest Lake. They hoped to build a three-bedroom home, surrounded by neighbors' houses, and had obtained a county permit. Gravel had already been laid for the foundation when EPA officials told them their land was a wetland. That barred any development.

Really, according to your dear leader you are entitled to everything just for being human and at the expense of others if necessary. Are you saying he's lying again?

Where is the EPA that should be telling American farmers "this is a wetland, this is a forest, this is grasslands, this is prairie..." And THIS is (was) the Gulf of Mexico.

Agriculture is the purest raper of environment. No profit is enough. They plow fencerows, clear-cut timberland, fill in wetlands, burn off prairie... for what? The privilege of exporting hundreds of millions of metric tons of grains each year?

39 million acres of pristine American soil are plowed in order to plant corn that they have insisted is crucial in order to cut emissions, reduce crude imports, and support grain pricing. Well guess what? Decades later, they have achieved only one of those three goals- propping up and inflating the price of corn. In turn artificially inflating the price of both food and fuel.

We are vilifying the benign, and ignoring the crime. Fuck the whores who farm.

I can do this shit. I went off the grid. I can pump water to flush your toilet :lol:

I had Amish help me get off the grid for a couple of years.Candles and kerosene to die for with wood so when I run into the Matthews of world telling me that I have to get off the grid while he's ordering pizzas in his mama's basement.........

I take offense to that.

Really, according to your dear leader you are entitled to everything just for being human and at the expense of others if necessary. Are you saying he's lying again?
deflection noted.

Hey Plas, zero in on me.

My kids tell me you can do it these days.

Fucking get where I am so you can try to understand the left wingers here have left me without any healthcare at all.

Just see where I am and I am not fucking kidding. The Funeral home is closer than my med center.

Death panels? I live it daily baby.

Forum List

Back