Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
England outlawed handguns in 1997.

1996 murder rates per 100,000:
U.S. 7.41 : England 1.12 = U.S was 6.62 times as high

List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade - Wikipedia

2016 murder rates per 100,000
U.S. 4.9 : England 1.22 = U.S. = U.S. is 4.02 times as high

When they wail on about the England having a lower murder rate than the USA, they already did before they banned handguns! In fact, now the USA has 4 times the murder rate, whereas before England banned hand guns, we had 6.6 times the murder rate. The gap between us has shrunk considerably since England banned hand guns.

In 1920 homicide rate per 100,000: US 6.8 vs. England 0.81

Was that caused by the gun laws England passed over 70 years later?

Last edited:

When they wail on about the England having a lower murder rate than the USA, they already did before they banned handguns! In fact, now the USA has 4 times the murder rate, whereas before England banned hand guns, we had 6.6 times the murder rate. The gap between us has shrunk considerably since England banned hand guns.

It’s the dirty little secret no progressive wants to talk about. Violent crime rates have nothing to do with access to guns or gun ownership rates. Idaho and Switzerland have some of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, yet have the lowest gun violence rates. For the most part, the biggest factor is minority population. The more blacks, Latinos, or Muslims you have, the more your murder rates will skyrocket.

Murder is the stupidest crime to commit, so naturally stupid people commit it the most.

A guy gets pissed in Paris Texas, he goes out and buys a gun at any of the dozens of stores that sell them within a mile of his house and kills whoever pissed him off.

A guy gets pissed in Paris France, he can't buy a gun because nobody sells them. He gets over it and everybody wakes up alive tomorrow.

The same scenario plays out 10,000 times a year (in different localities of course). Except while our guy in Paris Texas is killing someone, thousands of pissed off dudes across the face of the globe remain just that; pissed off. They don't become murderers.

A guy gets pissed in Paris Texas, he goes out and buys a gun at any of the dozens of stores that sell them within a mile of his house and kills whoever pissed him off.

A guy gets pissed in Paris France, he can't buy a gun because nobody sells them. He gets over it and everybody wakes up alive tomorrow.

The same scenario plays out 10,000 times a year (in different localities of course). Except while our guy in Paris Texas is killing someone, thousands of pissed off dudes across the face of the globe remain just that; pissed off. They don't become murderers.
You're not very smart, are you?

I can kill a person with my bare hands, and I'm not even trained to do it.

If I really want to kill someone, I'm not going to let a lack of a gun stop me.

It’s the dirty little secret no progressive wants to talk about. Violent crime rates have nothing to do with access to guns or gun ownership rates. Idaho and Switzerland have some of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, yet have the lowest gun violence rates. For the most part, the biggest factor is minority population. The more blacks, Latinos, or Muslims you have, the more your murder rates will skyrocket.

You could also argue that huge areas of economic ruin that have been devastated by "helpful" progressives instilling values designed to decimate the family structure and social norms in those communities play a significant factor.

Average income vs. Illegitimacy rate

Asian 81,331 : 27.2%
White 68,145 : 30.0%
Hispanic 50,486 : 56.9%
Black 40,258 : 77.3%

Notice the consistent inverse relationship between illegitimacy rate and income. You will notice a similar pattern if you look at murder rates.

In 1964, the War on Poverty was launched. The black illegitimacy rate was 25%. Today it is 77% and can not get much higher. However, now the progressives are at work destroying the family structure of other ethnic groups, targeting poorer communities and injecting their values into those communities, partially through the educational system. The white illegitimacy rate has been increased to 30% over the years.

The True Black Tragedy: Illegitimacy Rate of Nearly 75%

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-15_1-21-8.png
    upload_2019-3-15_1-21-8.png
    127 KB · Views: 96
Or builds one, or 3D Prints and builds one, or buys it off the black market, or borrows it from a friend, or simply never registered. I'd also like to point out that the police's 15 minute response time does nothing to solve this, but hey, at least they can show up and straight-up murder the victim if he defends himself by shooting the potential gunman when threatened.
He can build them, buy them off the black market, or just stab people who can't defend themselves because they're following the opinions written on paper and enforced by violence of their authoritarian government. Gosh, it's like prohibition doesn't stop people from obtaining the prohibited items anyway, you know, like how drug laws demonstrably don't work across the US, gun laws don't work in Europe or Chicago, and the prohibition of alcohol didn't actually stop the consumption of alcohol.
See, now because I didn't let your assumptions through, your closing statement looks even more ill-informed. I wonder how many of those could be prevented if authoritarian governments didn't restrict self-defense, and how many of those are suicides, dishonestly counted as "gun violence" or whatever broad and dishonest term you would like to refer to it as. Then again, police are also part of that statistic, they're just not punished for straight-up murdering people, they instead get paid leave.

Or builds one, or 3D Prints and builds one, or buys it off the black market, or borrows it from a friend, or simply never registered. I'd also like to point out that the police's 15 minute response time does nothing to solve this, but hey, at least they can show up and straight-up murder the victim if he defends himself by shooting the potential gunman when threatened.
He can build them, buy them off the black market, or just stab people who can't defend themselves because they're following the opinions written on paper and enforced by violence of their authoritarian government. Gosh, it's like prohibition doesn't stop people from obtaining the prohibited items anyway, you know, like how drug laws demonstrably don't work across the US, gun laws don't work in Europe or Chicago, and the prohibition of alcohol didn't actually stop the consumption of alcohol.
See, now because I didn't let your assumptions through, your closing statement looks even more ill-informed. I wonder how many of those could be prevented if authoritarian governments didn't restrict self-defense, and how many of those are suicides, dishonestly counted as "gun violence" or whatever broad and dishonest term you would like to refer to it as. Then again, police are also part of that statistic, they're just not punished for straight-up murdering people, they instead get paid leave.

Sure...everybody has the stuff to make a gun laying around their condo; 3D printers too!

To call you an idiot is to give you a compliment.

You're not very smart, are you?

I can kill a person with my bare hands, and I'm not even trained to do it.

If I really want to kill someone, I'm not going to let a lack of a gun stop me.

You'll have a harder time doing it. That is why people used guns to kill others, and themselves at an 80% success rate!

Sure...everybody has the stuff to make a gun laying around their condo; 3D printers too!

People in prisons have built a shotgun from batteries, bed posts, curtain tape, and a broken light bulb.
H1i49u2.jpg

This one was made in the workshop from pieces of steel and match heads:
yzOFvK9.jpg

So, yes, people quite literally have the makings for a gun laying around. It's actually easier than making drugs; That other thing prohibition doesn't work on.

Anyone can buy a 3D Printer(Around $200), and the schematics for guns are available online. I find it hilarious that you didn't bother to look any of this up, yet called me names. This is all, of course, ignoring that you immediately tried to push the assumption that criminals have NO money whatsoever, and have no job with which to make money, just to push your false narrative because you know you're wrong. You also seem to be under the impression that some sociopaths writing on a piece of paper, then telling their mercenaries that this opinion written on said piece of paper shall now be enforced, actually prevents people from doing said things. No, it only means that IF they catch you, they'll respond in roughly 15 minutes to initiate violence against you. Your Lord and Savior, Government, is not omnipotent.

I know both countries pretty well...I love america dearly but it is infested with crime, angry people, ignorance and especially guns.

People in prisons have built a shotgun from batteries, bed posts, curtain tape, and a broken light bulb.
H1i49u2.jpg

This one was made in the workshop from pieces of steel and match heads:
yzOFvK9.jpg

So, yes, people quite literally have the makings for a gun laying around. It's actually easier than making drugs; That other thing prohibition doesn't work on.

Anyone can buy a 3D Printer(Around $200), and the schematics for guns are available online. I find it hilarious that you didn't bother to look any of this up, yet called me names. This is all, of course, ignoring that you immediately tried to push the assumption that criminals have NO money whatsoever, and have no job with which to make money, just to push your false narrative because you know you're wrong. You also seem to be under the impression that some sociopaths writing on a piece of paper, then telling their mercenaries that this opinion written on said piece of paper shall now be enforced, actually prevents people from doing said things. No, it only means that IF they catch you, they'll respond in roughly 15 minutes to initiate violence against you. Your Lord and Savior, Government, is not omnipotent.

And they print the gunpowder too...dumbass.

Here are the facts about violent crime in Western Europe, Australia, and the US. I'll take the US.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

Here are the facts about violent crime in Western Europe, Australia, and the US. I'll take the US.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

That chart is a decade old and has been debunked so many times. Its bullshit printed by the Murdoch press to attack the then government.

By James Slack

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

We have 30,000 gun deaths a year.
All of your cooked numbers pale in significance.

I know both countries pretty well...I love america dearly but it is infested with crime, angry people, ignorance and especially guns.

Neither the time or the place but that is what always made me wonder about Lee Harvey Oswald and the "lone nut theory" the Warren Commission endorsed, went with, or proffered....

We have more lonely nuts than ever, more guns than ever, and more opportunities to massacre government officials than ever...
It would seem that there would be a lot more "lone nuts" out there killing all sorts of government officials. Instead, there are very few attacks on public figures involving firearms.

Neither the time or the place but that is what always made me wonder about Lee Harvey Oswald and the "lone nut theory" the Warren Commission endorsed, went with, or proffered....

We have more lonely nuts than ever, more guns than ever, and more opportunities to massacre government officials than ever...
It would seem that there would be a lot more "lone nuts" out there killing all sorts of government officials. Instead, there are very few attacks on public figures involving firearms.
The issue is that progressive socialist schemes go out of whack. Poverty should have ended by now don't you think?

Take certain neighborhoods out of the equation and the United States is as safe as any other Western country.

Take certain neighborhoods out of the equation and the UK is as safe as a

By James Slack

Violent%20Crime-L.jpg

That chart is a decade old and has been debunked so many times. Its bullshit printed by the Murdoch press to attack the then government.

They are getting desparate with that old thing...

The issue is that progressive socialist schemes go out of whack. Poverty should have ended by now don't you think?

Not sure how that is the issue in this thread.

Forum List

Back