"End gun violence"

Like all constitutional rights, the right to own weapons is not absolute.

That said, dems spend to much time trying to cultivate narratives to justify weapon control for their voters.

Both sides need to end this constant back and forth, come up with a compromise, and move on. This won't happen though because wedge issues are to politically important to be squandered on reasonable legislation.

You're reading the Constitution from the wrong perspective.

The Constitution nor the Government grants anyone any rights. If there were no Government or authority I'd have the right to own a gun, free speech, free press, freedom of religion and all the rest. Governments are only have the ability to secure rights not grant them. Not sure why you would want them doing such a thing.

The Constitution is not a list of things the Government isnt allowed to do. It's a list of things it IS allowed to do. In other words if it doesnt say the Federal Government can do X it's likely unconstitutional for it to do so. It's a white list vs a black one.

The ATF has flip flopped on it's regulations regarding pistol braces and is trying to enforce that regulation change as if it were a law.

There is no law that bans pistol braces.
You are correct of course and are responding based on the thread title...which you should be.

Unfortunately I was replying to an off topic thread derail attempt...and I probably shouldn't have.

You're reading the Constitution from the wrong perspective.

The Constitution nor the Government grants anyone any rights. If there were no Government or authority I'd have the right to own a gun, free speech, free press, freedom of religion and all the rest. Governments are only have the ability to secure rights not grant them. Not sure why you would want them doing such a thing.

The Constitution is not a list of things the Government isnt allowed to do. It's a list of things it IS allowed to do. In other words if it doesnt say the Federal Government can do X it's likely unconstitutional for it to do so. It's a white list vs a black one.
First of all, if the 2nd amendment was taken literally, even the limited Scalia view on it about the word "beat", America would be a a sitting duck because foreign adversary's could pay for sympathetic us citizens to have destructive weapons and use them.

2nd of all, the constitution is not that simple. Presumption of innocence and the right to travel are both constitutional rights but are not enumerated in the constitution.

First of all, if the 2nd amendment was taken literally, even the limited Scalia view on it about the word "beat", America would be a a sitting duck because foreign adversary's could pay for sympathetic us citizens to have destructive weapons and use them.

2nd of all, the constitution is not that simple. Presumption of innocence and the right to travel are both constitutional rights but are not enumerated in the constitution.
That’s my point. The enumerated rights make people think that the government is granting right or that rights not granted in the Constitution are somehow not guaranteed by it. Even without the 2nd amendment I would argue it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to ban gun ownership. Though were it not in there I’m sure we would have by now. Abortion is a prime example. The federal government should not force states to legalize abortion. In the same vein it should not ban it either.

So you feel that mustard gas and rocket launchers are the go-to items for home defense?
Rocket launchers are legal for civilians to own in the US, just like tanks, artillery, combat aircraft and other things you stupid Moon Bats think are illegal but aren't.

Poison gas is not an "arm" and is regulated like other dangerous chemicals.

In this era of increasing mental health issues and increasing mass shootings; it would seem logically to have all gun owners undergo mental health examinations. I hope they get this passed on the federal level. Anyone can go crazy, time to weed out the most vulnerable.
If you have to undergo a mental health exam to enjoy a right enumerated in the Bill of Rights then I would also like to see a mental health exam prior to being able to vote.

Most of you Moon Bats would fail.

Non-seq.
So?
The right to keep and bear arms, is.

Forum List

Back