Elton John Playing At Rush Limbaugh's Wedding Today

Jack Fate

I'm Your Daddy
May 31, 2010
Northern Washington state
Rush to the Altar — And the Wedding Singer Is…
By Doug Powers • June 5, 2010 04:37 PM **Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Rush Limbaugh is getting married today to Kathryn Rogers, and the “wedding singer” is none other than Elton John:

It’s wedding bells for Rush Limbaugh – for the fourth time.

The conservative firebrand, 59, will exchange vows Saturday in Florida with Kathryn Rogers – a blond bombshell half his age – in a lavish Hawaiian-themed wedding bash headlined by none-other-than Sir Elton John.

It’s an odd pairing considering El Rushbo’s history of anti-gay commentary on his conservative radio show and the openly gay “Tiny Dancer” singer’s longtime commitment to gay rights.

Some various blogs and news stories I’ve read so far mentioning Elton John being hired to perform at Rush’s wedding reception focus only on Rush’s staunch conservatism vs. Elton’s gay activism, comments about banning religion and liberal politics in general as being odd bedfellows — for lack of a better term. “Why would Elton John play at Rush Limbaugh’s wedding?” Simple: Capitalism:

The Palm Beach Post reported the British superstar will pocket $1 million for playing the wedding reception at the posh Breakers Hotel.
Without capitalism, Elton wouldn’t have performed at Rush Limbaugh’s wedding and Rush wouldn’t have been in the position to pay that much for the evening’s entertainment. Capitalism: It can bring people from all walks of life together.

I congratulate Rush and Kathryn, and also tip my Detroit Tigers cap to Elton John for performing at the wedding, because he’s got to know he’s going to take some heat for this in his left-leaning, artsy, environmentalist, gay-activist circle of pals — most of whom would gladly accept a million bucks from George W. Bush to tap dance on a floor made of California Redwood and elephant tusk or take whacks at a piñata in the likeness of Harvey Milk that Roger Ailes stuffed with cash. But they’d never admit it.

Michelle Malkin Rush to the Altar — And the Wedding Singer Is…

All economics is based on an intrinsic trade of value. Elton values performing at Rush's wedding at $1 million, and Rush is willing to pay $1 million to hear him play at his wedding.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Mazeltov, Rush.

Last edited:
I am shocked that there are four women in the US who would marry that.

four women who would marry money and fame? not to mention his fucked up health habits, hes likely to die young and whichever wife take his fortunes

You go, Sir Elton. Take that fat bastard's $Million.

IRONY ALERT...

But yet YOU are quick to demonize capitalism corporations at the drop of a hat.

Why is that? Jealousy gets you nowhere. Want something like that? Take advantage of your liberty to do what el-Rushbo did...before the oppritunity to do so is taken from you by those that YOU seem to support.

1) is there someting wrong with 'fat' people?

2) Looking at his wiki page he was born to a married women, so he is not a bastard

if you are going to choose ad hominem at least do sometihng reasonable

edit:

elton is not 'taking' the million, that would be theft, he is providing a service that rush feels is worth a million dollars

1) is there someting wrong with 'fat' people?

2) Looking at his wiki page he was born to a married women, so he is not a bastard

if you are going to choose ad hominem at least do sometihng reasonable

edit:

elton is not 'taking' the million, that would be theft, he is providing a service that rush feels is worth a million dollars

He Couldn't help it. He is a Liberal Statist...only Politicians TAKE what doesn't belong to them.

good grief, can't you lefties ever just BE happy for someone. what the hell has Rush done to you PERSONALLY?
gawd you people suck.:cuckoo:

the simple answer is no...they can't. They are all convinced that Rush is personally responsible for their shitty lives.

While Rush gives daily advice on how to make it better. You can lead a Liberal to a better life...but you cannot force it upon them as they force their will upon others by Government FIAT by incessant whining.

I am shocked that there are four women in the US who would marry that.

Why? Have you never heard of marrying the bank account? Trust me, there are plenty of women in the US that would gladly jump in to Kathryn's place and enjoy the $$$$$$. There are plenty of women out there who would marry him just simply because EVERYONE knows who he is. It's a power thing. There are thousands of women who would marry Rush just to say they are married to Rush Limbaugh. Love is probably only a real factor in 80% (maybe even less) of the marriages that take place today.

Forum List

Back